Can't sign ANY scouts?

• Administrators

Yeah I've had a look here and there's definitely something slightly odd going on - in the same game I can get scouts interested in low Championship clubs who don't want to join Newcastle. Cheers for this, we'll look into it.

In my game they enter the negotiations, and we agreed about the terms, but two days later they come back and dont wont to join the club. Right now I m Derby, and without one single scout beacuse I fired every singel one of them at the start of my game after updating to 12.1.0., in good faith that everything is as before. Now not a single scout want to join. For me this is gamebreaking beacuse I can not play without one single scout on my team.

That's odd because I'm having no problems signing scouts here with Derby - are you using an edited db per chance?

No, never touch it. I have no problems signing contract terms with scouts, but after couple of days when they should confirm the contract, they pull out.

With villa, it's to do with MY low rep, club rep, making the game more challenging. the ones who agree contract terms then come back saying not interested are NOT realistic targets. i've managed to get 2-3 in, which increases my knowedge , then more appear. not sure it's entirely a bug, the patch was aimed at making the game more realistic and challenging at the same time and i for one applaud SI for that!

• 2 weeks later...
What was your starting experience in the game?

I've started as an ex international. No problem with coaches just scouts. Large database. Tons of countries and leagues available to play in. Can only get terrible people to want to sign with me as a scout. Started a game with Sheffield Wednesday in League 1 with my experience at Automatic and could sign scouts that won't even talk to me at Newcastle. Then apparently if they are "interested" they will look at my offer and decline it two days later. Very irritating.

It should be quick fix for this, because I think this is a bug (something that many have verified) and it affects only limited number of clubs - as Villa, Newcastle, Derby. At the moment I cant play with this clubs, which means this limits my choices - ergo the game is not fully functional.

Archived