Just how playable is MLS after latest patch?

I've never played as an MLS team before and have always been put off as I also seem to be under the impression that due to the complexity of the league, it's always been quite buggy to play in and I don't want to start a game for nothing.

I know there was alot of ammendments made in the latest patch but from reading the bugs forum, there does seem to be one or two remaining issuess.

Can anyone who's played at length in MLS clarify just how playable/buggy the league is?

Cheers

It is definitely playable. Since FM10 I've started games in the MLS but all ended after no more than 3 seasons, but my current career on FM12 has been spent entirely in the MLS and I'm in 2018 now. There are still probably some issues but I don't notice many and certainly nothing gamebreaking. The AI clubs don't build great squads generally but that is constant across the game, but maybe a little more magnified because of the caps the AI has to adapt to. Related to squad building is AI clubs releasing players they they just acquired, though that too seems to be improved from last year. Those are overall things though, all the little annoyances that I can think of within the league seem to have been patched. It still isn't as complex as the real thing but it isn't missing anything important I'd say either.

Archived