Starting from the bottom

o JaY

season-3-luton-town-celebra-1.jpg

I'm back! This year, I am going to start unemployed and see where it takes me as I'm undecided as to what type of career I want to do. Whatever I end up doing, I want to work my way up the managerial ladder - starting from nowhere to becoming a great, recognised manager.

As a Luton Town fan, the picture at the top is to keep me motivated - it's the season we had -30 points yet still managed success (despite relegation)!

Here is the manager

Name:Jordan Saunders D.O.B:19/11/1985

R13Suit3.png

Favourite Club:Luton Town Rep:Sunday League

Leagues Loaded (All playable)

Nation       | Lowest League
------------------------------
England      | Blue Square North/South
France       | Ligue 2
Germany      | Second Divison
Holland      | Jupiler League
Italy        | Serie B
Portugal     | Second League
Scotland     | Third Division
Spain        | LIGA adelante
U.S.A        | MLS

[b]Database size:[/b] Large
[b]Player count:[/b] Approx. 49000
[b]Start date:[/b] England (July 2011)
No first window transfer budgets

Here is my manager profile

I knew I wanted to start my career in England, but there wasn't much going at the start of the season. As the season started, managers were coming and going, even at Luton, my favourite club, but I opted against applying. I would like to manage them sometime during this, but I thought it would be too soon.

Eventually an opportunity arose as I received this in my inbox.

Woking F.C.

Wage: £575p/w

Length: 1 year (until 30th June 2012)

Transfer budget: £0

Wage budget: £5828 p/w

Current player total: £6191 p/w

Woking.png

Year founded: 1889

Nickname: The Cardinals

Rivals: Aldershot, Farnborough

Season ticket holders: 400

Average attendance: 1149 (2nd highest in the league)

Stadium: Kingfield Stadium - 6036 capacity (2500 seating)

Media prediction: 1st

Despite a media prediction of 1st, the club finds itself in 16th place in the Blue Square South - 8 points off the play-offs and 12 off top spot so we can still have a successful season. We also have the 3rd biggest wage bill in the division, so we really should have an advantage over the other sides - though I will try and reduce this as we are currently over the wage bill set by the board.

Board expectations

Blue Square South: Win promotion (but won't be judged)

It is still achievable but we will have to play well for the rest of the season - there is no room for slip-ups.

FA Cup: First Round (but won't be judged)

The club has beaten two lower league sides but we face a tough challenge at Welling away. It's still possible, though.

FA Trophy: Second Round

As long as we don't get a BSP side, I think we should achieve this.

Financially the club are doing okay and currently have £74037 sitting in the bank - but have been making small losses all season. Hopefully I can turn that around as well as the clubs fortunes.

Squad analysis

Goalkeepers

In goal, we're not too bad. We have 1st choice Aaron Howe with the aging Andy Little as back-up. On the youth side of things there is Matt Pegler who is a reasonable youth prospect, and has time on his side. Hopefully he'll develop into a good, solid 'keeper for us.

Defenders

Our defence is quite strong with captain Mark Ricketts and vice-captain Alan Inns. Other centre-backs include reliable back-ups Adam Doyle and young Joe McNerney. The only lack of depth is at full-back with Ricketts our only choice. Youngster Aaron Gough has the most potential from our reserve options.

Midfielders

In the centre of the park there is the versatile Jack King, who is probably our best midfielder as well as other options in Jay Davies and James Snishko. We definitely lack depth in centre midfield but we do have versatile players who can play here as well as future options in the reserves and some loanees.

Wingers

Out wide we have Adam Newton and Moses Ademola on the right and Derek Duncan and Dale Binns on the left. In the reserves, we have up-and-coming Nathan Korenteng and Anson Cousins as well as the youngest in the squad Daniel Sales.

Strikers

Former Ghana international Elvis Hammond is our top scorer and we have other options in Wayne Gray and Giuseppe Sole. Reserve strikers Ola Sogbanmu and Matthew Powell are also other choices with Paris Cowan-Hall giving us another edge.

Loanees

In defence, we have Ed Asafu-Adjaye and Charlie Clough. Merrick James-Lewis gives us another wide player and Matt Clark and Alex Woodyard give us more options in the middle. The only player away from the club is Ollie Palmer, a promising talent who hopefully will develop at Boreham Wood.

Tactical Outlook

TacticsFormation.pngTacticsInstructions.png

I do like to play a structured 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 but with the squad we have, I feel those formations would be too defensive and so our main formation will be a 4-4-2. If needs be, we do have the players capable to turn to 5 midfielders and 1 striker but our squad should be able to keep it tight without an extra DM plus the 2nd striker gives us more of an attacking edge. Non-league football is often 'hoof' it and I'll be playing no different - I feel it's too risky to play a short passing game as we're Woking, not Barcelona. Also, going in strong and always closing down is something I always use to put pressure on the opponents.

I will update at the end of January - and I better get a move on. My 1st game in charge is on the day I signed!

Also, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck!
Thats a bad season you need to rescue.
Good luck at Woking, you should be able to stabilise things, and maybe still reach the playoffs :)
Plenty of games left, yet. Bags of time to push on into the play offs.
Good luck :thup: Always liked Woking.

Cheers guys :thup:

The season has not gone as well as I have hoped so far but still have time to turn it around. Will probably update Boxing Day - Merry Christmas! :D

I've been playing Woking as well. I am in my 3rd season, and playing in the nPower 2, midrange at the moment. Hammond had great season for me on my first year, then it was Paris Cowan-Hall leading the second season.

Money is still tight, my team is now professional, and has the lowest budget in the league. I've replaced my goalkeepers, but Pegler is still around. I intend to replace him soon as I can. My main problem now is that I can not afford the quality players to keep up. The board has set the limits too low to attract the players or coaches for me to make a push to nPower 1 this season. Half of my team is still part timers.

The funny thing is how coaches and players expect a certain level of pay, even though the skills are not there. I let Wayne Gray go on free transfer, and he moved on to become a scout. His main scouting skills are 1's and 2's, yet he demands more salary than my board is willing to pay. Woking is his favored team and I am his favored coach, yet, he demands more than we can pay (for a no named, talentless, scout).

Oh, in case you were wondering, my player budget is 15k, Almost half of the next lowest team.

Woking - Blue Square Bet South 11/12

Mid season update

At the start of my managerial career I feel I was very naive, thinking we could just go out and control play - but I was very wrong. Morale was low, very low and it was hard to get any sort of reaction out of the players. We are now improving as a team, but I had a poor start - I even considered resigning and looking for another job! I think things will stabilse soon, we had a lot of postponed games against poor opposition so hopefully we can shoot up the table. I'd love to stay here and build on next season and I hope the board feels I've done enough to get a new contract - just wait until the signings settle in.

Blue Square Bet South - Results - League Positions Graph

It took 7 games to win my 1st - and I've only won 3 in 14 but if you look on the bright side then we've only lost 2 of the last 10. The most difficult result to take was the Truro result. 2-0 up against a top side and we threw it away in the last 10 minutes. Thurrock was also annoying, we dominated the game but couldn't score and had to settle for a 0-0. We have been disappointing but I can only hope we improve in the second half of the season.

FA Cup - After a cup classic replay, we dispatched Welling on penalties but we were outclassed by League 1 Brentford. A bumper crowd of 3221 saw us put in a good performance and the scoreline flattered them.

FA Trophy - A disappointing show as we got knocked out at the first hurdle, by Hampton & Richmond after a replay.

Transfers - With 5 loan signings made before my arrival, we were over the wage budget and I couldn't get any new players in. As the loanees were leaving the club, this freed up much budget and I brought in 8 free transfers. Ed Asafu-Adjaye may also be returning, either on loan or full-time we will have to see. I've had backup players complaining and I just let them go - they're just not good enough and on non-contracts, cost nothing to release them. Wayne Gray was a quality striker but he didn't really work as a lone striker and he's moved on and gone up a division to AFC Telford.

James Smith - a good left sided player who is pushing for a first team slot, despite his age.

Charlie Stimson - left sided attacker, already settled in the first team.

Matty Mainwaring - a cracking talent, who is on a non-contract so may not be with us for that long, but it's a shame he is injury prone, great player.

Sam Turner - right winger, a good prospect. He's signed for the future.

David Elebert - U21 Ireland international, looks a quality signing but has yet to live up to expectations. Hopefully he can change that in the 2nd half of the season.

Chris Anderson - he adds to our strong midfield and gives us quality rotation options.

Alex Stockinger - Norwegian U21, one for the future, gives us good backup options.

Dean Bouzanis - probably my best signing, only just signed. I'm sure he will be solid as our first choice 'keeper.

good luck mate.

Cheers pal, will probably need it :D

I've been playing Woking as well. I am in my 3rd season, and playing in the nPower 2, midrange at the moment. Hammond had great season for me on my first year, then it was Paris Cowan-Hall leading the second season.

Money is still tight, my team is now professional, and has the lowest budget in the league. I've replaced my goalkeepers, but Pegler is still around. I intend to replace him soon as I can. My main problem now is that I can not afford the quality players to keep up. The board has set the limits too low to attract the players or coaches for me to make a push to nPower 1 this season. Half of my team is still part timers.

The funny thing is how coaches and players expect a certain level of pay, even though the skills are not there. I let Wayne Gray go on free transfer, and he moved on to become a scout. His main scouting skills are 1's and 2's, yet he demands more salary than my board is willing to pay. Woking is his favored team and I am his favored coach, yet, he demands more than we can pay (for a no named, talentless, scout).

Oh, in case you were wondering, my player budget is 15k, Almost half of the next lowest team.

At least you've had back-to-back promotions! I think we can challenge for the title next year - Hammond is a great finisher but quite inconsistent whereas P C-Hall scored once for me, now can't finish at all.

We are still losing money each month, and we're £31480 in the red but now I'm under the wage budget at least.

My scouts and coaches are all regens and accept a small wage, and they're not too bad.

I've just finished the season so the end of season update will probably be up later tonight.

At the end of the season I was offered a new one-year deal on the same wage...

I've accepted because I feel the squad I've assembled has a strong chance of promotion next season - I've had some problems with contract talks but my main players have been tied down.

I've also had some good feedback from the players and board.

The chairman is DELIGHTED!

Possible future GK coach Andy Little also happy!

Also, since there were no youth players in the youth squad I signed all the youth candidates and the best of the bunch are Cameron Farrell and Pete Coombes according to my backroom staff.

With our last game of the season unimportant I decided to give plenty of youngsters their debuts - Farrell becoming the clubs youngest ever player and also the joint youngest ever Blue Square Bet South player (15 years 250 days)!

Woking - Blue Square Bet South 11/12

End of season review

A stronger second half of the season saw us keep up with the pack and had a small chance of reaching the play-offs - it took until there were only 2 games left, showing how tight this league is. We showed great fight and spirit to win games we would've drawn earlier in the season, 8 wins out of 15, 3 draws and only 4 losses. It could've easily been different as we lost to sides we really should have beaten (bar Dover) and the last 2 games didn't really count for nothing. We still go into the new season unbeaten in 4 and only 4 losses in 18. At home, we're a strong side - I've only lost 1 league game at the Kingfield Stadium, my 1st one as well as 1 loss to Brentford in 3 cup ties. Since then, we've been unbeaten in 15! Also, I'm proud to say we did the double over champions Eastleigh and beat both Eastbourne and Basingstoke at home. Our longest unbeaten run was 6 games and I hope to do better next year.

FA Cup - After a tough game vs Welling, we got knocked out by League 1 Brentford.

FA Trophy - A poor show as we were out in the 1st round vs Hampton and Richmond after a replay.

Transfers - Ed Asafu-Adjaye has no intention of returning, despite the news item I received so he didn't return. No more signings coming in, but I do have a few lined up to replace those who won't renew their contracts. 2 more reserves also had to be released due to unrealistic 1st team demands, they weren't worth the trouble they may have caused. No more players have arrived yet, but there will be a few signings in pre-season.

Best players - In my eyes, our best players for each position were

Dean Bouzanis - a 'keeper who made some top quality saves and, in 13 games, has 12 conceded and 5 clean sheets.

Joe McNerney - solid centre back who does what is needed and even popped up with 4 goals and 4 assists.

Moses Ademola - a young winger, not afraid to run at defenders and has an eye for goal. Has really come into his own in the 2nd half of the season and would be my vote for player of the season as he's very consistent.

Elvis Hammond - our top goalscorer, was on a really good run of form recently and can play the lone striker role well - the only player to get double figures.

Career overview

[b]Season  | Team | Games|Won |Drew| Lost|Win % |[/b]
------------------------------------------------
11-12   |Woking|  34  |12  | 11 | 11  | 35   |

If any of you are interested, here is the England season review.

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5.

If you want to see any specific teams or leagues then just ask, I'll be happy to provide you with any screenshots.

Euro 2012

EuropeanFootballChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

Holders Spain were knocked out of England's group, with Montenegro finishing 2nd ahead of them - the only real shock from the groups. England had the easiest run, but Holland were just too good for them. RVP won player of the tournament, and 3 Holland players had the top 3 goals of the tournament!

A pre-season update will probably be up tomorrow - depending on if I play much or not.

Good luck with Woking, I got them to league 1 on fm11 :)

Cheers, not sure I'll be with them for that long, but I hope I'll get them into the BSP... possibly League 2.

I think a quick improvement is on the cards.
Decent start, but plenty of room to move up next year :thup:

The squad was certainly coming together at the end of last season. We just need to carry on the form and performances into this one and we'll be fine.

I had Bouzanis for about 4 years at Boston United, he's and excellent keeper for the lower leagues.

Good luck for next year :thup:

Yes, top quality 'keeper - I like to have a solid 'keeper 'cause if you don't concede then you can't lose!

France vs. Holland looked like a great match to watch - although England vs. Sweden wouldve been fun too :)

I didn't actually see any of the games, I only saw that England had gotten to the final - I think Peter Crouch was the top scorer for England!

Woking - Blue Square Bet South 12/13

Season preview

Not much has changed this season - the club is still semi-pro and worth around 400k with around the same amount of season ticket holders this year too. Our average attendance last year was 988, but our last games of last season saw around 1200 fans turn up to the Kingfield Stadium.

We have a wage budget of £5798 and are currently spending £5305 - a lot of players left after they refused to hold contract talks so I could get in a few free transfers. I managed to bring in younger players on cheaper deals, who should play a part in the future of this club.

Transfers

I was disappointed with the departure of vice-captain Alan Inns, and then Paris Cowan-Hall and Nathan Koranteng - P C-Hall and Korenteng had bags of potential but I wasn't going to continue paying them and not tie them down to longer deals. Player of the Year, and captain, Mark Ricketts did sign a new contract, though, thankfully. Jack King is the new vice-captain. Matty Mainwaring and Chris Anderson were on non-contracts and have gone to play their football at a higher level - it was inevitable and out of our control. Mainwaring played 7 games, 2 assists and had 4 injuries - a good talent but very injury prone. Anderson's record was 12 played, 1 assist - good stats but I couldn't get him to be effective. 'Keeper Aaron Howe was good, but we have Bouzanis so it's not so bad. Youngster Matt Pegler is also out on loan. The others were unwanted or wanted to leave the club.

In came:

Oscar Radford - been tracking him for a while, rejected 4 Football League clubs, and 1 BSP and ended up here!

Daniel Day - left back with potential, already have Fleetwood tracking him despite signing him a month ago.

Alex Cairns - young 'keeper with potential, hopefully will provide steady backup.

Lewis Kidd - another young 'keeper, he will probably go out on loan this year, but is not a bad player.

Dominic Morris - had this transfer agreed a while ago. He has the talent, just hope he develops playing mainly in the U18's and reserves.

Jarrett Rivers - I've been looking for an AM and he could be what I need - he's young but should improve.

Matt Johnson - probably my best signing, determined midfielder who could provide what we've been missing.

I thought I'd finished my shopping, until I managed to secure...

George Purcell - My scouts tell me he's class and some Football League clubs were after him. A rash signing as I had to move quick.

Also Ed Asafu-Adjaye may still be returning - a top, solid defender for this level. I've been chasing him since last Feb and he is considering a contract offer.

The tactics will not change much from last season - I mainly use the 4-2-3-1 and these players will fit in so no need to adjust. I also have 4-5-1 against the tough teams and 4-4-2 for the weaker teams.

A media prediction of 4th is reasonable. We're also 8-1 for the title so we should be up there come the end of the season. Despite last years terrible performance, the play-offs are definitely achievable and the media think so to.

Board expectations

Blue Square South: Reach the play-offs

Definitely achievable - the squad was gelling and some new signings shouldn't disrupt it too much. I have a good feeling about the year to come.

FA Cup: First Round

The same as last year, and we reached it - hopefully an easy route and we could find ourselves in the 2nd round.

After a poor showing last season, I don't have high hopes for this trophy. If we can get lower league opposition then it's possible but a BSP side could cause us trouble.

When I joined, the club had £74037 sitting in the bank. At the start of pre-season we were £158,186 in the red! Last season we lost £230k!

Also, in pre-season we played 5 games.

WokingFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

Not too bad, Newport won the BSP and we played 85 mins with 10 men v League 1 Exeter. The St Albans result was a disappointment as they scored late on and we weren't clinical enough in a lacklustre performance. Histon was a very good game, we bossed play and dominated a team the same level as us. We ended pre-season by hosting League 1 Bury and put in a good performance - keeping a clean sheet and actually being the better side.

Anyway, we have a tough 1st game - Basingstoke (away), where we lost 4-0 last season.

A bientot!

From my experience, you always end up losing money in the BS leagues, so dont be too hard on yourself :) Good luck with the upcoming season!

We're not losing as much this year, thankfully.

Season has not been too bad, update to come :)

Mid season update

After a horrible start to the season, we have picked up but by my standards we have had a poor season. We've been letting leads slip left, right and centre and I'm surprised we're actually within touching distance from the play-offs. A game in hand (vs Chelmsford) could see us finally cement a play-off place that we've been in and out of recently. But look how tight the league is - we're 2 points off 13th place.

The pressure had been on me, and I'd got the 'could be sacked' message but I beat Truro and we've moved up the table since. I came 3rd in manager of the month for December. This also means we've gone throughout 2012 without a home defeat in the league!

FA Cup - After seeing off Horsham, we were beaten by Staines.

FA Trophy - After scraping through vs Sutton Coldfield, we were shocked by recently relegated Maidenhead.

Transfers

Not much activity as I wanted a settled squad for the season. Ed Asafu-Adjaye eventually arrived. In came another youth prospect Darren Howells who has already made a handful of 1st team appearances.

In other news

Simon Grayson took Great Britain to Olympic glory!

'Keeper Andy Little announces his retirement at the end of the season - I would like to keep him on as a GK coach but the board won't allow it.

Wow, massive playoff chase.
That's one tight looking league!

Yes! A tough January saw us play 4 out of the 5 times above us, and that has cost us this season. There was no chance for slip ups this season but we've paid the ultimate price.

End-of season review to come tomorrow :)

Disappointing first season after taking over but things are looking a lot better in the league now, not far from the playoffs!

Agreed, we really picked up this season - but so did the teams around us!

I discovered FM last year with FM2011 and Woking were my first ever club. Took them to the Championship in 5 action packed seasons. So the Cardinals are special to me, don't let them down ! :-)

Haha, maybe they need you as manager then :thup:

End of season review

A tough January which saw us lose 5 out of 6 games, including a horrific losses against Cambridge City and rivals Farnborough as we slipped down the table. We did pick back up and a play-off place was still on the cards and we went on a run that saw us win 11 out of 14 games. I set myself a target of 7 wins out of 7 after the Eastbourne result to reach the play-offs but we didn't do it and finished 9 points off the play-offs, although we did only finish 1 place outside of them. We only have ourselves to blame - only 1 point off Carlsharlton, 3 points off Cambridge C and 3 points off Boreham Wood. The graph shows you the whole picture, we were only in the play-off places once this season - we just weren't good enough.

Going forward we were absolutely fantastic, 4th highest scorers in the league. Hammond and Ademola were the 2 main culprits. Defensively, we were poor and conceded too many goals for my liking. Not enough clean sheets and some appalling results.

On a positive note, I won Manager of the Month for February! And came 2nd in April. Elvis Hammond also had a brilliant season, and took the golden boot with 22 goals as well as being a nominee for BSS Player of the Year.

FA Cup - After a tough game vs Welling, we got knocked out by League 1 Brentford.

FA Trophy - A poor show as we were out in the 1st round vs Hampton and Richmond after a replay.

Transfers - Nothing major, but Oscar Radford left for Fleetwood. A good defender but we had enough cover so I wasn't too fussed about tying him down to an actual contract. I do have couple of signings lined up for next season, though.

Best players - Quite a few key players this year:

Joe McNerney - Once again a top season for the young defender. 11 goals proves he is not too shabby in the other box either.

Derek Duncan - Didn't expect much from him, but the set-piece expert has got a cracking left foot, notching up 15 assists - leading the way in the BSS assists chart.

Matt Johnson - New signing who has a creative edge that we missed last season. A beastly throw makes him our Rory Delap.

Moses Ademola - I saw his quality last season and he was great once again. 10 goals and 13 assists saw him play a big part in our promotion push. A winger who likes to run at defenders with a great cross and can finish.

Elvis Hammond - Best striker at the club despite his age. He can finish from all sorts of angles and topped the leagues goalscoring charts. He plays the lone striker role very well and we can rely on him to score goals.

Also a special mention to:

Dominic Morris - Young midfielder who made the step up to 1st team football appear very easy. 3 goals in his 1st 4 sub appearances. He is pushing for a starting position and has potential to be quality.

Career overview

[b]Season  | Team | Games|Won |Drew| Lost|Win % |[/b]
11-12   |Woking|  34  |12  | 11 | 11  | 35   |
12-13   |Woking|  48  |22  | 11 | 15  | 46   |
Total   |Woking|  82  |34  | 22 | 26  | 41   |

I did think about my position as manager over the course of the season, but the board offered me a year extension so I felt valued here - I did delay my decision to the end of the season to see if any bigger clubs came sniffing for a 'talented manager' (now my description) but they didn't, so I'll still be here and hopefully celebrating promotion in a years time!

See, they're starting to get under your skin :-)

Woking are a big club in the BSS and in FM2011 you could turn a profit. Not sure if that works in FM 2012 where every club is losing money by the bucketload...

Yes, we have a big following for this league and I think our average attendance is in the 900s and we're in the top 5 for attendance in the league. We are still losing a lot of money, but thankfully the board are pumping money in to help us stay afloat. If we get a decent cup run (which is sometime I'm no good at) and promotion (which I'm more positive about) then we could get into the black this year.

Sad to see the hopes for the season come crashing down like that.

Yes, I knew we had blown it after the Salisbury game - it was so disappointing after we were kinda picking up after the terrible January. This year is our year.

Also, since I'm back at school, I will playing FM a lot less and will only really have time for the big updates on weekends so don't expect me to be flying through the seasons in 3 days like I was before :)

Woking - Blue Square Bet South 13/14

Season preview

For those interested, the England season's review once more.

PART 1, PART 2, PART 3, PART 4, PART 5, PART 6 and from last season, Joe McNerney won player of the year.

We have a wage budget of £5816 and are currently spending £5392 - Much of the wages were freed and weren't filled back up. I drive a hard-bargain and perhaps priced myself out of a couple of coups but I don't want played bigger than the club so I've kept pretty much the same squad that we had last year.

Transfers

Not much transfer news this year - 1 in and 6 out.

James Smith wouldn't sign a new contract, a big loss as he had great potential. Jay Davies wasn't bad, but our midfield is strong and he wasn't getting into it so I let him go. The other 4 were reserves who only played in the FAT and early FA Cup rounds, so not much of a loss - it was just to save on wages.

In came:

Andreas Michail - Carlshalton's key player last year. He was on a non-contract so I nabbed him for nothing! 22 goals last season was too good for me not to sign him, hopefully he can reproduce a similar return this year.

Tactics wise, not changes. A 4-5-1 gives us a steady base with our wingers great going forward so it's almost like the Barcelona 4-3-3. 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 still give us other options if things need a change.

A media prediction of 1st is odd but if the media are feeling confident then so am I. We're also favourites for the title so we should be up there come the end of the season. I hope to really hit the ground running and run away with the league this year!

Board expectations

Blue Square South: Promotion

Up from last year, I hope to thrive under the pressure and expectations :cool: I feel confident we can go all the way this year - we always do well in the 2nd half of the season so I just need a strong start.

FA Cup: First Round

After a poor attempt last year, it makes me want to get this far this year. Definitely possible if we get a good draw.

I don't like this trophy, I never do well. As long as we don't lose to a worse team then I'll be happy.

When I joined, the club had £74037 sitting in the bank. Last season we lost £140k, but after pre-season brough in some much needed money, we now are only £170k in the red - but that's after making a profit of 115k already this season!

Also, in pre-season we played 6 games - mainly to raise some much needed money!

WokingFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

Two spirited performances saw us lose to Charlton and Blackburn, we can't be disappointed with how we played. Over 5000 turned up to the Blackburn game! We then went on a blitz, thrashing Horsham and Wealdstone, and actually outplayed Blackpool. Villa reserves proved a tough battle and our youngsters took on Grays and took home a professional win. We've come a long way and are miles away from these lower non-league sides and I feel we're ready for promotion.

We start the season on a Wednesday (as a Kingstonian game had to be postponed) before everyone else - hopefully we can have a good start and push on from that.

I don't normally post one off matches, but since I'm posting less...

Definitely the most exiting game this season

It felt like one of those games when you feel you're just not going to win. At 2-1 down and a penalty, I thought we were down and out but it was blazed - we were back in it, I though. But no, Michail got himself sent off for a two-footed lunge. It then became the Elvis Hammond show as he scored and with basically the last kick of the game, forced an own goal. At 32 he is still leading the line, and the BSS's scoring charts.

Shame only 359 people saw it ;)

Haha, we're still averaging over 1000 each home game so it's alright and have the 2nd highest avg. attendance - it just means we should be making more money than the other teams.

Anyway, update to come!

Woking - Blue Square Bet South 13/14

Mid season update

A good start as we were unbeaten in 6 and suffered 2 defeats in 13. We have been steadily in the play-off places but inconsitency has cost us a place currently. We do have a game in hand, though so we should end up back in there and hopefully we can stay there until the end of the season. I think it has been caused by an injury crisis, in which I had 7 first teamers on the treatment table and so I think we have done quite well this season. These players will be fit for the 2nd half of the season so hopefully we can push on and secure promotion once and for all.

FA Cup - I thought we would do quite well this year, and that seemed the case as we knocked out Maidenhead, then rivals Farnborough. We almost got through to the 1st Round Proper but we bottled it - we were humiliated by Carsharlton.

FA Trophy - Once again, a very poor showing. We easily knocked out Harlow, but Carsharlton knocked us out on penalties afterr a replay.

Transfers

I wanted a settle squad this season and there have only been a couple of extra additions to Michail so that makes it 3 signings this season - nothing too drastic. In came Anthony Jeffrey, who failed to make the grade at Arsenal. He has the potential, but hasn't been performing on the pitch and has been quite disappointing when called upon. Also, Guinea-Bissau international Mesca joined the club on a free. A top quality player but I'm not too sure where he fits in best in our squad. Either way, he is a top talent for this club - especially as he is only 20!

In other news

I won my 2nd Manager of the Month award for August, and Andreas Michail also made a cracking start to his Woking career. Also, November was a '2nd best' month as Elvis Hammond and I both came 2nd in our respective awards.

Steady progress so far, if you don't get promoted this season, you'll get promoted next season depending on the players going in and out of your club.

I feel promotion this year is a must. The players we have at this club are more than capable and it would be very disappointing to not have a chance to mix with some bigger teams. The biggest attendance in this league is about 1500, which is hardly anything!

Also, I do keep getting mentioned in the media and if a BSP club (mainly Fleetwood, who I've been linked with for about a year) did come in and I liked the idea of moving on then it would be nice to leave on a high. I think I need to get promoted before leaving the club, otherwise I'd feel like I didn't complete what I came here to do.

The season was going quite well but unfortunately the save has corrupted :(

Sorry guys, this thread will be deleted soon so I may start up a new one after January (since I have my exams).

I had started to get a lot of attention and got offered the Stockport job, which I was delaying until the end of the season, and then I would've accepted it. I'm so disappointed.

Archived