Going back to 12.04

You can't go back, I'm afraid.

Think you can, put STEAM in Offline Mode, go in to My Computer, C:/ Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/common/football manager 2012/data/db and then delete the necessary updates that you need to go back to 12.04?

Don't take my word on this though.

Is there really anything that wrong with the new patch (well, two technically)? I haven't had a chance yet to update it yet. I always hear people moan after new updates are released though, is the "Jdns" and such really a problem or just aesthetic as suggested?

I dont think so but I haven't had the chance to play it. I was just wanting to carry on my save from patch 12.04 which seems to have been affected by the patch.

Affected in what way?

It just seemed my teams performances dropped dramatically after the patch. It may be totally unrelated but I have not suffered any particular injuries or I wasn't scoring a signifcant amount of goals from open play, I was 7/8th with Sunderland and going along nicely. Despite me not making radical changes to tactics/teamtalks the performances from my team have become abysmal.

I've always been happy with the patches over the years as i've never had any problems with them, but for some reason this year ever since 12.1 and 12.1.1 i have nothing but serious errors when clicking on coaches, it's really starting to ruin the game for me, really do wish i could go back to 12.0.4 until this issue is resolved.

• Administrators

Since the changes and I'm quoting Paul C here:

• A handful of changes to the ME - the main one that will affect human managers is that attacking corner setups used by AI were poor so we improved them. This means a fairer balance of set piece goals between human and AI teams, and to compensate that we made it harder to score from them and deliver them accurately. So if corners were a source of advantage to your team you will suffer on that front.

• Very high/low morale will stick for less time, and you wont be able to keep topping up morale with straightforward expected wins. Certain tactics may well rely on very high morale to be effective, in that morale in the ME tends to affect player choices eg when to run, shoot, pass etc. If your success relied on this you will have to tweak things to get back on track.

There was a thread after 12.0 was released where a lot of people were finding the game way too easy and boring, so these changes were as a result of assessing their saved games etc. Since 12.1 a few people have complained of things being too hard but of those some have since come back and said they worked things out and are enjoying the game more.

• Administrators
I've always been happy with the patches over the years as i've never had any problems with them, but for some reason this year ever since 12.1 and 12.1.1 i have nothing but serious errors when clicking on coaches, it's really starting to ruin the game for me, really do wish i could go back to 12.0.4 until this issue is resolved.

You running any custom graphics or logos? I'd suggest removing them if you are, also worth deleting your settings - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184731&viewfull=1#post7184731

Then verifying your cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Nope, not running any custom graphics what so ever, in fact i switch just about everything off, stadiums/pictures and so on, also done the 'Verify cache' and the 'Deleting the settings' several times, all to no avail, no way am i complaining btw, just not much fun when you cannot click on some staff without the worry of another crash dump. I'm always grateful for the advice/help offered by SI though :thup:

Archived