A few questions to help me understand FM

cool

Ok I have a few queries here so I hope some expert can help me out!

1) If a player's CA reaches his PA, does this mean he will not improve his attributes anymore? Can his stats still go up? Do I have to bother training him hard?

2) How does retraining a player's position affect his attribute weighting? I remember in past versions of FM the more positions you have the better because the the weighting will be averaged. Basically just answer this: Should I train a player in a new position for no reason, will that adversely affect his attributes?

3) Will a young player improve if I send him on loan to a non-active league? I remember in the past sending a player to a team which is not active in your game does not make any improvements. Is this fixed for FM2012?

Ok I have a few queries here so I hope some expert can help me out!

1) If a player's CA reaches his PA, does this mean he will not improve his attributes anymore? Can his stats still go up? Do I have to bother training him hard?

His CA can't exceed his PA so in those terms he can't improve any further.

However he can still increase individual attributes at the cost of other attributes so a rise in one area will mean a drop in other areas. You can therefore streamline a player to improve in key areas which improves him on the pitch.

2) How does retraining a player's position affect his attribute weighting? I remember in past versions of FM the more positions you have the better because the the weighting will be averaged. Basically just answer this: Should I train a player in a new position for no reason, will that adversely affect his attributes?

Adding positions means more attributes will be weighted highly for CA/PA purposes which will mean he will max out his CA at a lower attribute level overall. The exception to this is adding the opposite side which makes no difference as the key skills are the same (DL>DR or ML>MR etc).

3) Will a young player improve if I send him on loan to a non-active league? I remember in the past sending a player to a team which is not active in your game does not make any improvements. Is this fixed for FM2012?

Sorry no idea.

Cool, when you decide to send your young in loan, you must check that the club get better training facilities than you and better coach also and he can play regular in the team. Despite that, it's better to keep him in your youth team and play some match with your A team.

Archived