Finding Regens

Scouting is the best way, but some people use this way:

Go to the search and put age max 17, and arrange by value, which should in theory give you the best regens but from big nations (i.e. France, Germany etc), but will misss out on gems from lesser nations (i.e. African nations)

Go through the youth squads of national teams, and especially look for young players for the age group (for example a 16-year old in the the under-21s, or a 19-year old in the senior squad). I just found a gem of a player this way.

Scout constantly as well. I had a good scout find me a Portugese 17-year old playing for Setabul on non-contract terms, his report said he had the ability to become a leading Premier League striker. 8k in compensation later, and he's mine. I tend to spend quite a lot of time stipulating what I want/don't want from my scouts as well:

Position IS NOT: MR, ML, AMR, AML (I don't play any wide players)

Nationality: EU National (will change this when I become an established team)

Ability: at least 4 star

OR

Potential: at least 4 1/2 star

This normally results in some frustrating periods where my scouts won't find anything for weeks, but when they do I don't have to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak; all the reports are for good players.

I'd also recommend searching some specific academies every year (depending on the reputation of the team you're managing)

Southampton

West Ham

Middlesbrough

Crewe

Ajax

Las Palmas

Borussia Dortmund

Furth

Maribor

Dinamo Zagreb

Caen

Lens

Metz

Santos

Fluminense

Boca Juniors

America (MEX)

Atlante

PAOK

These are some of the ones that have served me well on a regular basis. Try to spend some time going around the leagues you have loaded looking for clubs with Very good or State of the Art youth facilities, these are the ones you want to keep an eye on.

Archived