Explanation on different facility categories needed

Unfortunately, I still fail to understand the differences and effects of the new categories in youth coaching, i.e.

- youth facilities

- junior coaching

- youth recruitment.

I guess they all must have some influence on the quality of your youth intake as well as on their possible progress, but I don't understand how.

Also, how can you improve the latter two? I see the option to ask the board to improve the youth facilities, but what can be done to have better junior coaching (which doesn't seem to be connected to the quality of training you set for your U19) or youth recruitment?

Is anybody aware of that or could link me to an official explanation?

Cheers :)

Facilities- the buildings, pitches, equipment

Coaching- The staff involved, maybe referring to volunteers and part time staff you don't see (and come up as other costs outside of main staff)

Recruitment- The quality of the youth teams you have or are connected to ie under 13s, 14s etc AND/OR the people who refer players to you

Just a guess but thats how I see it

One of the first two relates to the current CA of your youth intake, but I don't remember which. Your youth recruitment relates to the potential of your youth intake. I believe you can ask the board to improve your youth recruitment, but it's capped for certain teams. For example, teams from smaller countries will be unable to get their youth recruitment up to the maximum simply because the country isn't big enough.

Knew I'd seen a full explanation before, posted by Adelaidean:

Youth facilities: The better the youth facilities, the faster players in the youth team will grow while at the club.

Junior coaching: How your youths are trained before joining; in practice, this means that the better your junior coaching, the higher the starting CA of your youth players.

Youth recruitment: How far your club's net is cast over the world; in practice, this means that the better your youth recruitment, the higher the starting PA of your youth players.

Training and youth facilities can be upgraded to the maximum at any club in the world, provided the board continously approves requests to upgrade them. So too can junior coaching. Youth recruitment, however, is limited for different clubs and different reputations. For instance, a high reputation club in England can upgrade to the highest level of youth recruitment. A low reputation club in England can also upgrade to the highest level of youth recruitment too, but only as their reputation improves.

A high reputation club in somewhere like Singapore, though, can never have a youth recruitment level that matches that of the big English club, even if its reputation were raised to the same level as Manchester United. This is simply because smaller countries have a limit on their talent base; even though they might have a really big club in the league that rivals a big club in Europe, that doesn't change the fact that their youth team cannot attract the quality of youth seen in the big European club due to the natural limitations of the country and continent.

Cheers :)

That's a very good explanation.

Just one more question about how to improve the latter ones. I'm only seeing the options to request the improvement of the facilities, but not to improve junior coaching or youth recruitment. Am I missing something there?

Junior coaching and youth recruitment are in a separate category, not in "Facilities" as they are not "facilities" per se. Check all categories when making a board request and you will find it.

I have another question to Kain, however. Can youth recruitment reach an English top club's youth recruitment if my country (Bulgaria) for example reaches England's national reputation. I wonder if the recruitment is based on national reputation, country size or hardcoded for each of the countries?

Archived