way too much money,with a small club

Hi

at first i gotta say im german so my english isnt that good ,i hope you still understand what I mean ;)

This week i finally started playing FM again, but there are some strange transfers i made.

I play with my favorite team "Kaiserlautern" in the german Bundesliga and my goal is to stay in Bundesliga for a while.But because of 3 transfers i made, it is very easy for me to buy very good players,which Kaiserslautern could never afford in real life.

My transfer budget is about 12 million and i still got a wage budget of 4 million euros. The money i have came from selling "Gili Vermut" for 3.5 million ,Shechter for 4 million and Richard-Sukuta Pasu for 2 million euros.

In real life Kaiserslautern has a transfer budget of around 3 million dollars,what is not very much. So its quite unrealistic ,that even players that arent good (sukuta-pasu) or players that didnt play that good and not often (Shechter)can be sold for that high prices.

Personally im a bit dissapointed with the values of most players because things like that destroy the whole balance of the game. I could even afford players like Lewandowski,Gündogan,Pizarro although they are WAY to talented to play for a "poor" club like Kaiserlautern.

I dont know what this thread is supposed to do,but i just wanted to say that because its kinda annoying to have that much money when you know that this club will NEVER have that much.

Well thats it...;)

( and again sorry for my terrible english)

Ok i cant buy every top player,but just having all this money is so unrealistic and this scenario would never happen in real life.

Also i was able to sign "Samed Yesil" who is a VERY BIG talent in germany ( he was the second best player in the under-17 world cup in Mexico) although clubs like Hamburg and Sunderland wanted to sign him. Again this is almost impossible and destroys the "athmosphere" in FM

It is quite easy to sign very good players cheaply, especially after a few seasons when good regens are coming up. The problem is really the lack of competition for the signature of any player you go for. If you have the money, you can sign players way above your station and bigger clubs which could also need them won't interfere.

If you find that boring, try to develop your own players.

then up the rep of those players you dont want to be able to sign and change the transfer balance of kaiserslautern... you could have done it in the time it took to make this post which will achieve nothing frankly

Of course i could do that,but i dont want to spend all my time looking for players who are to good to play in Kaiserslautern and change their reputation so that i cant buy them anymore.

Could you please tell me what you mean with "change the transfer balance of kaiserslautern"? Can I actually change the difficulty of transfers? (Sorry FM12 is my second FM from SI so im not that well informed about editors and stuff like that)

But what I actually meant with my first post, is that its way to easy to make alot of money even if your players arent that good. So is there any solution other than changing all my players rep?

Of course i could do that,but i dont want to spend all my time looking for players who are to good to play in Kaiserslautern and change their reputation so that i cant buy them anymore.

Could you please tell me what you mean with "change the transfer balance of kaiserslautern"? Can I actually change the difficulty of transfers? (Sorry FM12 is my second FM from SI so im not that well informed about editors and stuff like that)

But what I actually meant with my first post, is that its way to easy to make alot of money even if your players arent that good. So is there any solution other than changing all my players rep?

Change the club reputation. If you think Kaiserslautern is really that bad, make them worse. As a result the value of the players will be lower.

Ok i changed the rep from Kaiserslautern from 6000 to 2000 (!) and the values are still way to high.

For example Itay Shechter has still value of 5.75 million € instead of 6.75 million €. (In reallife he only costed 2.5 million € ,but that was already ALOT of money for KL)

Isnt there any chance that I can change the values by myself? Because I cant find a way with the editor.

unfortunately, you currently cant have a realistic career in FM because the transfer system is just a joke (selling your crap for astonishing prices, buying other teams top talents for less than 1M, top players getting free,.........).

an easy fix SI could do for people that want a realistic career would be to give us an option of "management in control of transfers". like it is in real life. this would mean that you no longer have advantage over the AI in transfers and the game would be balanced between the AI and human user. until they can actually improve the transfers to a realistic level( which i honestly dont think will happen in our life time), this option is the best way around it.

it makes sence to me, the transfer market is inflated irl so why shouldn't it be in the game? doesn't get much more realistic, and if you don't want to sell your players for such a high price then set a low asking price, problem solved ;)

That's only 50% of the OP's problem...

And I can't see how you can say the transfer dynamics in the game are realistic anyway!

The OP can sell some of his mediocre players for good money (for his club's standard of course): that's somewhat dodgy but hell... sometimes clubs do stupid business and overpay crap players.

The actual issue is the OP should basically end up in a position where he has money he can't spend on good players, because no semi-top player would join Kaiserslautern... Instead in FM he's able to invest his money on player who by all means should think K'lautern is beneath them.

Take Jorge Martinez for example... Juventus wasted €12M on him, but Catania didn't go on a top-shelf shopping spree with that money... Their biggest transfer was Alejandro Gomez [who could have as well turned out to be an immense flop] for a measly €2.5M...

Tampering with the editor should be left for fine-tuning a handful of entries, it shouldn't become a tiresome and endless matter of mass-editing to make up for the game's shortcomings.

there are some cheap players going for a lot of money on a few of my save's but then on other saves players like montolivio(spell) are valued at 2.5 and sold for 2.5, SI cant get evrything right, but to me its not a bad thing, he's making more money.

This aspect of the game is incredibly hard to balance, I can appreciate that. I have had few problems getting rid of deadwood in my games, and it is clear that players who are way too good to play for little Bradford (even while in Premier League) still wants to do so. AI squad management is very bad, as they are not aggressive enough on the transfer market and not cynical enough regarding the players they already have. There is no plan, neither short term nor long term, to their squad building. The problem is thus not the interest from too-highly-regarded players but the lack of competition for their signatures.

As I have said in another thread, I think the solution is to formalize both short-term (one season) and long-term (say, 5 seasons) squad building policy for the AI. With this I mean that twice a season (i.e 24th of June and 30th of December in England) the AI managers decide who is to stay and who is to go and which players are going to replace them. The long-term plans should also be formalized by for instance a stature increase of 20% over a 5-year period, a fan base of a certain amount and x number of silverware. Long-term planning should also include squad-based development, like for instance going for a mean average of 3-star rating rather than 2,5 in the first team, reduction of the average age of the squad, alleviating squad depth issues or in the case of smaller clubs developing youngsters to sell for good money to finance the development of even more youngsters.

Archived