Football Manager on the carpet

i work for a home insulation company and today i went into a customers house and there it is, Football Manager 2012 on the carpet in the living room

I asked the customer if they had a young son whos plays it

she said "no, hes 26 and obsessed by it!

good lad i thought, shame he wasnt there or we could have talked tactics

always nice to see

I'm 53 and have been hooked for I can't remember how long, certainly back to many years of CM! My teenage son and just past teenage daughter buy me FM each year for Christmas. I regard it as a fantastic present that gives enjoyment for a whole year. I try to play LLM style in career mode, but sometimes with lower league add ons (Superbladesman). It's an achievement for me to get to league 1 level and I can't remember the last time I got any higher than that!

Looking forward to Christmas and planning to use Uncle Ron's add on this year!

27, married and play 4-5 hours FM a day...

It helps she lives in another county at the moment due to my "work commitments" and I only see her every 2-3 weeks :D

Don't tell her there are some positives to us living apart, she will kill me!

p.s .. im 28 and im an alcoholic...

nah.. currently unemployed by choice, happily living on some savings and having a break as been working/uni since 14 non stop ...

also currently over the freaking moon...

got two cheques randomly today... one a hugggeee tax rebate for the year and another decent sized 3 figure sum from the leccy company for shafting me all year with bills...

maybe a bit late for xmas but its damn well gonna give me a lovely new years ;) .. holiday booked, the mrs is getting a new dress or 2 .. the kids getting a DS ...

all is well in welshy's world... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL FM'ERS.. MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS

I object to the premise behind this thread! It seems to be suggesting that there's something shocking about people of a certain age playing FM! I simply won't have this! :D

I just turned 27 and can't see me losing interest in FM any time yet!

Have to say "Football Manager on the carpet" is one of my favourite ever thread titles. I picture an FM discussion group taking place on some kind of ornate rug in a hippie-type atmosphere. Sounds fun, to be honest.

I object to the premise behind this thread! It seems to be suggesting that there's something shocking about people of a certain age playing FM! I simply won't have this! :D

I just turned 27 and can't see me losing interest in FM any time yet!

Have to say "Football Manager on the carpet" is one of my favourite ever thread titles. I picture an FM discussion group taking place on some kind of ornate rug in a hippie-type atmosphere. Sounds fun, to be honest.

i would never suggest that. it was the stupid woman

Yup 35 here, been with game since the first red box Domark offering for the Amiga. The one with the thin bernards cribbings lookalike dude!

Championship_Manager_Coverart.png

All made up names random every new game and about a 2 hour wait for a new season to update! Those were the days....

i remember the cm2 96/97 days when i had to wait about 30 minutes between seasons and the flashing colour-text that i'm sure would induce epileptic fits on people.

Archived