Looking for a new job - gettting really hacked off

Just left my club of 2 and a half years that I took from the championship predicted to go 23rd on a shoestring budget to the premier league in my first season. Finished 10th, was applauded for my efforts but things went a bit pear shaped this season and I left. Now I'm looking for new jobs and have been knocked back by about 3 teams in the bundesliga, and to make matters worse, the only jobs I'm being linked strongly to are teams in league 1 and 2. Unrealistic or what? I've done a cracking job, and to be linked with some awful teams takes the biscuit.

How pear-shaped did things go before you left? You might have to do a bit of rebuilding of your own reputation. Only getting offers from League One or Two does seem a bit harsh, though. What's your starting reputation? Has it improved? You might be best off trying to go back into the Championship.

I spent around 7 million in the summer building the squad up, but recouped more in transfer fees. The team were taking the ****, not performing, losing most games and by december I decided I'd had enough and left. I can't even get the southampton job and they're in the championship. Just been offered the Scunthorpe job and they are in the relegation zone in league 1. How very underwhelming...

This game is seriously starting to take the ****. I deserve far more offers from far better teams for what I've done.

Lawrie Sanchez went from Northen Ireland manager to Fulham manager to Barnet manager, sometimes you need to take a job lower down to prove yourself again, kinda seems like you didnt really prove yourself as a top prem league manager and improved your rep enough.

Implementing this into the game would be taking the **** though as it takes all the fun out of it. I'm sorry but i really don't have any aspirations to manage down in league 1 or 2. I'd rather throw the disc out my bedroom window than throw the fun out instead and take over Scunthorpe.

To take club predicted 23rd in the Championship to 10th-placed Premier League finish two seasons later is pretty good, though. People would take notice.

If you look at someone like Steve Coppell, he led Reading to 8th (I think) and followed it with relegation. Although it took him a while to get another job, he wasn't forced into League One or Two. Bristol City came along eventually, although that went pretty wrong. But my point is that a decent season in the top flight, even if followed by a subsequent struggle, shouldn't necessarily force a manager into League One or Two.

To take club predicted 23rd in the Championship to 10th-placed Premier League finish two seasons later is pretty good, though. People would take notice.

If you look at someone like Steve Coppell, he led Reading to 8th (I think) and followed it with relegation. Although it took him a while to get another job, he wasn't forced into League One or Two. Bristol City came along eventually, although that went pretty wrong. But my point is that a decent season in the top flight, even if followed by a subsequent struggle, shouldn't necessarily force a manager into League One or Two.

Exactly. I finished 2nd in the championship at the end of the 1st season, and 10th in the prem in the 2nd. I got the stadium expanded to 25k, and improved their facilities but that all seems to have slipped by in the footballing world. Haven't been offered another job since Scunthorpe.

Which team are you managing btw? Perhaps with you not winning the league your rep didnt get enough of a boost, if you really think its an issue upload your save for the SI guys, they should be able to tell you what the problem is. Have you checked your rep with FMRTE and compared it against other championship teams managers?

Which team are you managing btw? Perhaps with you not winning the league your rep didnt get enough of a boost, if you really think its an issue upload your save for the SI guys, they should be able to tell you what the problem is. Have you checked your rep with FMRTE and compared it against other championship teams managers?

I was managing Watford.

Yeah but Steve Coppell has been around for quite a few years, the OP has had 2 and half seasons in football, massively over achieved first year, fantastic second year, then bailed as soon as it started going wrong, he hasnt really proven anything other than he could of been very lucky for a few years, its not unheard of for small teams to massively over achieve in their first every prem season, Phil Brown is a good example, after Hull it took him a few years to get another job, and even then it was relegation certs Preston. Two years doesnt really prove enough, not if you walked out on your struggling club.

Im not having a pop at you offleyhornet, im just saying you havent really proved anything yet, not won anything, just overachieved for a short space of time and walked away when your club really needed your help. Purely in game mechanics you've not done enough to prove to these clubs you deserve the job.

Yeah but Steve Coppell has been around for quite a few years, the OP has had 2 and half seasons in football, massively over achieved first year, fantastic second year, then bailed as soon as it started going wrong, he hasnt really proven anything other than he could of been very lucky for a few years, its not unheard of for small teams to massively over achieve in their first every prem season, Phil Brown is a good example, after Hull it took him a few years to get another job, and even then it was relegation certs Preston. Two years doesnt really prove enough, not if you walked out on your struggling club.

Im not having a pop at you offleyhornet, im just saying you havent really proved anything yet, not won anything, just overachieved for a short space of time and walked away when your club really needed your help. Purely in game mechanics you've not done enough to prove to these clubs you deserve the job.

Hmm I see what you mean, but like I say, going from the premier league to league one really, really takes the fun out of the game.

Archived