Board announces new stadium: but capacity is only 5.000 seats more than actual stadium...

I just got very exciting when my Spurs board announced plans for a new stadium. :thup:

But after having read the entire message I really hate the idiot board, because they will build a new stadium which's capacity will only be 5000 seats more than the actual stadium... WHY ? :thdn:

It is maybe cheating but I reloaded 2 times a previous save game to avoid it...

I would imagine the stadium will have the capacity to expand tho, which white heart lane does not, so in another season or two you can have an even bigger stadium, also it will be in better condition and cost less to maintain and you will prob make more through commercial revenue each home game.

In real life, plenty of teams have built new stadiums close to, or even less than, the previous capacity. Normally they provide significantly more income both on match-days from extra executive facilities or the ability to charge more for all tickets in a nicer stadium, but mostly they provide much better non-football income from conferences and associated development. I have absolutely no idea if that side of things would change in FM, but if it does then this may be why.

There are reasons for Juventus dropping the capacity though, the main one of which you've already mentioned. The only reason Tottenham are looking for a new stadium is because the one we currently have is way too small. It would make absolutely no sense to build a new stadium with only 5000 more seats, regardless of how big we could expand it to, because we'd need to expand it immediately.

There are reasons for Juventus dropping the capacity though, the main one of which you've already mentioned. The only reason Tottenham are looking for a new stadium is because the one we currently have is way too small. It would make absolutely no sense to build a new stadium with only 5000 more seats, regardless of how big we could expand it to, because we'd need to expand it immediately.

It would make sense. For starters the ground is being expanded by 5000 which is still quite a lot more revenue over time but more importantly as has been mentioned it gives the club further space in which to expand in the future. The club might as well do the expansion in stages so they can keep an eye on expenses than do it all in one go.

At the end of the day its still an increase from White Hart Lane of near 14% capacity.

But the average time for our current season ticket waiting list is 7 years (apparently 20,000+ on the waiting list), as we continually sell out the 23,000 maximum we offer each year. If we were to go to all of the trouble and expense that a new stadium would cost, then it would be a minimum of 50,000 to make it worthwhile. Our current application, for example, states a capacity of 56,250.

Archived