"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."

iHeadHunta x

Why am I starting a new Career You ask Yourselves?

After the introduction of my new Toshiba Satelitte Laptop with 4GB of Ram I have decided to have another crack at a Journeyman career like my previous Thread ''The Road To Continental Dominance''. I want to have a successful and long career as a football manager. I have started of on the 5th of July 2011 with the English leagues loaded with the aim of adding and removing leagues as the career progresses. I aim to start of in the Bottom tier available to me of English football which is currently the Blue Square North/South. I am going to try my best and play the game as realistically as possible and to try and rely on my scouts mainly to sign players. I also wish to develop youngsters at every club I am managing.

Social Media

Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/RyanDuckett

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/TrueBlueDunk1?feature=mhee

Aims

Domestic Aims

• Win a League Title
  • Gain a Promotion Achieved 2011/2012 Truro FC (Promoted Via Play-offs)
  • Gain Back to Back Promotions.
  • Win a Cup Competition Achieved 2011/2012 Truro FC FA Trophy
  • Manage My Local Club Reading
  • Get Reading back to the Premier League
  • Win the Highest League in any Nation
  • Avoid Relegation with a team expected to go down
  • Manage the side I support, Chelsea
  • Win the Best League in 5 different Nations
  • Get a job offer from a better club than you are at currently.
  • Take a club from the lowest division to the highest division in any nation.

European Aims

• Win the Champions League with Chelsea

• Win the Champions League with a club other than a club from England, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Netherlands.
  • Win all 5 of the Big Continental Competitions in all 5 continents
  • Win a continental competition other than the European Champions League
  • Win the champions League with a club from Ireland (My nan's Irish)
  • Win the Europa League with a club from Ireland

International Aims

• Take Charge of a club 50th or Lower in the Rankings
  • Qualify for a major Competition
  • Win a point in a major Competition
  • Win a game in a major Competition
  • Qualify for the knockout stage of a major competiton
  • Win a Major Competition
  • Win the World Cup with England
  • Qualify for a world cup with Ireland
  • Win the World Cup with Ireland
  • Win the world cup with an African Side
  • Win the European championship, Copa America, African cup of Nations, Asian Cup and the CONCACAF Gold Cup
  • Win the FIFA Confederations Cup
  • Take a Club to World Ranking 1

Player Achievements

• Have the Best Player in the World
  • Have a player win the Golden Boot in any League Achieved 2011/2012 Truro FC Blue Square Bet South Martin Reilly 24 Goals
  • Have a player in Team of the Year
  • Have 5 players in Team of the Year
  • Have a player score Goal of the Year

Club Achievements

• Get a club out of Red Financially
  • Get a stadium Expansion with any club Achieved 2011/2012 Truro FC
  • Build a new Stadium with any club
  • Have the training facilities improved with any club
  • Have youth facilities improved at any club

Manager Achievements

• Reach 100 Games as a manager
  • Reach 250 games as a manager
  • Reach 500 Games as a manager
  • Reach 1000 Games as a manager
  • Reach 2500 Games as a manager
  • Reach 5000 games as a manager
  • Reach 10000 games as a manager
  • Win a Manager of the Month Award
  • Win a Manager of the Year Award
  • Win a Manager of the Year 5 Times
  • Become the best ever English manager
  • Get in the top 20 Managers in the Hall of Fame
  • Get in the top 10 Managers in the Hall of Fame
  • Become the best manager in the World in the Hall of Fame
  • Get offered the chance to manage an international team.
  • Stay at a club for at least 5 season.

My all-time goals

• Become the best manager in the World
  • Have a stadium named after me

(If anyone has any goals they won't me to add then feel free. Some of the goals above are extrmely hard but I will try.)

Lets get this career started!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truro Football Club

Wage: £350 Per Week

Contract Length: 2 Year Contract

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £5.9k Per Week

Current Wage Bill: £5.1k Per Week

Trurofc-1.png

Year Founded: 1889

Nickname: City, White Tigers, The Tinmen

Stadium: Treyew Road

Stadium Capacity: 3,500 (1675 Seats)

Truro.jpg

Trurofc-1.png

2011/2012 Season Preview - Truro FC - Blue Square Bet South

Year Founded: 1889

Nickname: City, White Tigers, The Tinmen

Stadium: Treyew Road

Stadium Capacity: 3,500 (1675 Seats)

Ticket Price: £10

Season Ticket Price: £180

Media Prediction: 10th

Blue Square Bet South - Top Half Finish

Budweiser FA Cup - To Reach the 1st Round

Carlsberg FA Trophy To Reach the 2nd Round

Initial Impressions

As a team that has just been promoted, I had a look at the squad and my first impression was the squad was definately for the future and I new that if I was to have a chance of promotion this season I needed some experienced players. The squad's average age is a bit young but their is some very promising youngsters in the squad with very good potential. The backroom staff is ok but I needed to bring in a coach who has an eye for potential so I have signed a new coach. I have brought in a mixture of youngsters and experienced players which I will go into in the transfer summary.

TruroCitySquad_Players.png

Trurofc-1.png

2011/2012 Off-Season Transfers - Truro FC - Blue Square Bet South

TruroTransfers_History-2.png

Frank Sinclair

Remember Him! Ex Chelsea and Leicester City defender. At the age of 39 Years old I have signed Frank on a free transfer to bring some experience at the back of the defence. He is also very determined so this will bring something fresh to the club and for the price of £0 I cant really go wrong.

-----------------------

John Martin

Ex Stevenage central midfielder who can provide as cover for the Left side of the midfield if required of him. He is 30 years old so also offer a bit of experience at the lower levels as he previously played for Stevenage and Chelmsford. His best attribute is his work rate which is very pleasing as he can be the engine of my midfield.

-----------------------

Trevor Mutero

At only 18 years of age for now Trevors attributes may not be at a standard of this level of football but he is a huge prospect for the future with a 4.5**** potential rating. He play on the right side of the midfielder and gives me a backup replacement incase of any injuries to Afful.

-----------------------

Martin Reilly

Martin had been suggested to me by a fellow forumer and he looks like he will play a big part this season in trying to help gain promotion. He is only 24 years and has a good 10 years in his career. He will be my striker up front with Barry Hayles. His techinical stats aren't the best but his mental and physical stats are top notch for this level.

-----------------------

Alan Fitzpatrick

After the departure of my other goalkeeper just before I arrived I knew that I needed to bring another Goalkeeper that is even better than my last so I scouted around and found Alan and he looks to be a good solid keeper who we be crucial this season for my club.

-----------------------

Curtis Wynter

Curtis was signed on a free transfer and at the age of only 20 years old with a lot of potential abillity has proved to be a great piece of business. He will provide competition for Frank Sinclair who I have also signed this summer on a free transfer.

-----------------------

Matthew Pike

Matthew was also suggested to me by a fellow forumer as one for the future at only the age of 21 years old. He will provide cover for by current 2 central defenders in case of any injuries that occur.

-----------------------

Michael Wilde

After 4 games in the league played Barry Hayles got injured for 3 months so I have signed Michael on a free transfer for Chester to provide backup in case of my players lose fitness or incase of any injuries to Yetton or Reilly.

Trurofc-1.png

2011/2012 Mid-Season Preview - Truro Football Club - Blue Square Bet South

Blue Square Bet South Standings I Fixtures - What a fantastic first half of the season for myself and the squad. We are sitting comfortably at the top of the table, 10 points adrift from second place Dover. So far we have been incredible only losing 3 games in 22. New signing Martin Reilly has played a huge part in our success so far scoring 20 plus goals. We now need to kick on in the final 20 games and try to gain promotion to the Blue Square Bet Premier at the first time of asking. We kept getting setbacks through injuries but the large squad at my disposal has pulled through and nearly each and every member bar one or two have played their part considerably. I doubt I will sign any more players in the January window but if any youngsters catch my eye that are hot prospects for the future this could change.

Players of Note...

Martin Reilly - Martin has been the player of the year so far consistently scoring goals week in week out. 24 goals in 30 games before the turn of the year is a fantastic accomplishment for any player to have achieved.

Scott Walker - Playing on the left side of the defence Scott has been on fine form this season. He has got 11 assists in 18 league games which is the highest in the squad so he has been a crucial player this season for the club.

Les Afful - Les may not get loads of goal and assists but he puts his shift in with a very good average match rating on 7.22 Les has been a good player for the season this year. He has also notched up 8 goals and 4 assists this season.

Depends on what you're after. If you win things in Ireland, this may be a good stepping stone towards a Championship level job. So it may be a wise move to climb up the stairs more quickly.

Also you could try and stay there for longer to improve the league up to a level which may allow you regular CL group phase participations. Though given your aims, that may not be what you are after anyway.

On the contrary it doesn't seem very realistic to get such a move after just 6 months with no level of experience set. And to see how far you can take Truro would be interesting.

So I guess I'd advise you to stay.

Anyway, the offer hasn't materialized yet aynway...

Depends on what you're after. If you win things in Ireland, this may be a good stepping stone towards a Championship level job. So it may be a wise move to climb up the stairs more quickly.

Also you could try and stay there for longer to improve the league up to a level which may allow you regular CL group phase participations. Though given your aims, that may not be what you are after anyway.

On the contrary it doesn't seem very realistic to get such a move after just 6 months with no level of experience set. And to see how far you can take Truro would be interesting.

So I guess I'd advise you to stay.

Anyway, the offer hasn't materialized yet aynway...

Yeah, On one hand i would like the challenge - but on the other the careers just started and going to a club like that may seem abit strange. Will wait and see if it materiallizes yet :D thanks for commenting

Trurofc-1.png

2011/2012 End of Season-Preview - Truro Football Club - Blue Square Bet South

Competitions

Blue Square Bet South: 2nd (Promoted Via Play-offs)

Past Positions I http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/iHeadHunta/BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-2.png[/img]"]Play-Offs I Fixtures 1 I Fixtures 2

BlueSquareBetSouthOverview_Stages-3.png

FA Cup:1st Round Proper

FA Trophy:Winners!

Season Summary (Will post Link in morning)

We have been truly fantastic all season only losing a total of 10 games in all competitions. We never seemed to lose form other than towards the end of the seseason when the pressure got to the side. We was top of the league nearly all season and I thought we was running away with it as we was 10 points clear at one stage but miraculously Dover were superb and pipped my side to the league title. We had are up and downs injuries wise in the season as one stage we had no fewer than 6 key players in the injury room but the squad rallied together in true spirit to take 2nd place come the end of the season. Come the last 10 games of the season we really needed to gain 24 points at least but we gained 17 which cost us the league title but we knew that we had the ability in the squad from the likes of Martin Reilly and Les Afful to win the Play-offs and gain promotion.

As the 2nd of June came around their was ourselves and Boreham Wood, Salisbury and Welling that occupied the 4 play-offs position and due to the fact we came 2nd and Boreham Wood came 6th we was placed against Boreham in the Semi which we was taken all the way to come out victorious in a thrilling two legs to remarkably book our place in the Final against a spirited Salisbury side who dispatched off Welling in their respectful semi. So the 16th of May arrived and the game kicked off and 4 goals was scored in 90 minutes to take it to a nervous time for myself and the fans but we pulled through from goals from Hayles and Pugh to ensure we will be playing at a higher level of football next season. We also pulled off a historic FA trophy victory through the course of the season where we beat the likes of Premier division sides Newport County and Stockport in the final which gives me confidence for next season. This ensured our first FA Trophy title for 126 years.

Finances

Balance: £-169k (Down £403k from last season :O)

After starting the year over £200k in the black come the end of the season I expected to still be in the black but due to the fact that we got promoted the board have had to expand the stadium due to the League rules which cost the club 260k which has been a massive financial burden for such a small club like ourselves.

Squad

Squad Overview

Transfer Summary

Team of the Year TBC

Fans Player of the Year TBC

Managers Player of the Year: Scott Walker

Top Goalscorer: Martin Reilly (24 Goals)

After I splashed the cash last summer I thought the squad was maybe capable of a play-off place but to gain promotion was a suprise to me and many others. Martin Reilly was fantastic scoring 34 goals in all competitions and my player of the year Scott Walker contributed the most assists all season. Most players contracts are set to expire in about 1 month so a lot of players will be departing who I feel arent worthy of a place or can't take the slack of a higher level football in my eyes. The summer signings like Reilly and Young New Zealand central defender Matthew Pike have both settled in fantastically like some others new signings.

Other Main News

StadiumExpansion.png

Well done on a very successful season. And good news on the stadium front too :thup:

Mind you, I'm surprised the board are shelling out £261k on stadium upgrades, when the bank balance is so poor. Potentially, that could turn out to be a bit of a suicidal move.

Well done on a very successful season. And good news on the stadium front too :thup:

Mind you, I'm surprised the board are shelling out £261k on stadium upgrades, when the bank balance is so poor. Potentially, that could turn out to be a bit of a suicidal move.

We had to im afraid AK, the league rules state the facilities had to be upgraded :/

Archived