Going back to FM11

Go back to FM2011?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Go back to FM2011?

• Yes, SI leaves me without any other choice
    • No, FM12 has much more potential and I´m enjoying it right now

I dont think stampler even agrees with his post now, no votes for going back :p

not quite ;)

still too many letdowns with the new patch.

FM11 is running smoothly, so why switch to a worse version of it?

I dont need those "new" features that desperately...

(though I have to say Götze is a beast in FM12 :) )

The polls are always far more telling than anything people say in these kinds of threads. When you consider that people who are unhappy are more likely to make their voices heard than those who are satisfied, it tells you something when the "satisfieds" have raced into a huge lead in the poll.

Before that they were going back to their spectrums, and before that they went back to fantasy football leagues through football mags ;)

And before that, play-by-mail!

I managed Derby County and Tenerife by PBM as a kid. It was actually better than the post-split Champ Man series.

Im actually enjoying FM12 more than 11! I love the new team talk and interaction structure, I really feel I can convey what I mean, even if its wrong at least it now feels like Im doing "what I would do" in real life.

i also love the way tactics work, as a non footballer, who knows NOTHING about football, I have been able to construct a tactic that does what I think my players should do and seems to be getting the best out of them. When I loose a match I usually can look back and say " Yes I did that wrong, I can see it now".

I also love how I can really affect a team at half time, it makes a huge impact, I am not always right but when I am its SOOOO satisfying. FM is doing many things for me this year that it has not done to the same level as before... I am just getting a real buzz out of playing it!

I´m going back.

Anyone with me?

:) Yes,i've gone back,not because of the latest patch though,i'll wait till all patching is done to FM12 to start a carreer game around next October lol

I want to play more than the normal 2 seasons on a game,i used to start a new save on every patch/update i dont have much time to play,a couple of days ago i thought why am i doing this,so i went back toFM11,got FMRTE-11 now looking for a scout11 also,i'm in the editor at the mo doing my own edit to level9(hope to do this over xmas),i plan to get my moneys worth out of FM2011 first,may take a couple of years,real time:lol:

I would prefer FM12 if the basic features would work like I expect.

In FM12 it is nearly impossible to sell/buy players in a normal/logical way...

In order to buy players we have to pay a lot more than AI teams pay for the same players.

And in order to sell.. well I even can't sell players for 1k (teams are interested but they never bid) so no idea how to do that...

I would prefer FM12 if the basic features would work like I expect.

In FM12 it is nearly impossible to sell/buy players in a normal/logical way...

In order to buy players we have to pay a lot more than AI teams pay for the same players.

And in order to sell.. well I even can't sell players for 1k (teams are interested but they never bid) so no idea how to do that...

Selling players is a problem, but buying is generally okay. You have to remember that if you're trying to buy players who the other club doesn't want to sell, you will have to pay over the odds. This happens to the AI too if they move for players who are important to their current club. I've found that I can buy transfer-listed or not-so-important players quite cheaply.

I understand, but the problem is that AI-teams do constantly buy following players:

-sakho to city for around 17m

-kara to bursaspor for 350k

-jenssen to catania for 1m

BUT: when I try to get the same players it is following:

- sakho is impossible to get (even 50m is rejected)

- kara costs me at least 1m (lower bids are always rejected)

- jenssen costs 3.5m (again lower bids rejected)

also I have to give 2x higher wages in order to get the players !

I agree, that is exactly the opposite to your point. :confused:

Erm.. no. People are, in general, more disposed to making a noise when they're dissatisfied than when they're satisfied. There's plenty of proof for that in the world. But on this site, you're saying it's the opposite (i.e. people who are satisfied make more noise). To be honest, I'd disagree with you there, but it's certainly true that the satisfied are pretty vocal too, which tells you something. And the results of numerous polls, including the one in this thread, also tells you something.

• Administrators

Not a big fan of either of these 'choices' to be honest - one pretty much says 'SI have a gun full of FM12 bugs pointed at our heads' whilst the other one says 'FM12 isn't very good at the moment but it may get better.' Good work at trying to remain neutral :D

FM12, especially after the latest update, is a much better game without doubt.

I'm actually not seeing a lot of difference. Which isn't a complaint, by the way. I was having a great time with my save before the patch and still am. If the patch had installed without my knowledge, nothing I see in the game would have made me think there'd been a patch.

Erm.. no. People are, in general, more disposed to making a noise when they're dissatisfied than when they're satisfied. There's plenty of proof for that in the world. But on this site, you're saying it's the opposite (i.e. people who are satisfied make more noise). To be honest, I'd disagree with you there, but it's certainly true that the satisfied are pretty vocal too, which tells you something. And the results of numerous polls, including the one in this thread, also tells you something.

Not so much the "amount of people" but the "amount of posts" from a select band of members. ;)

good choice! :) love that game!

its amazing how you could play a super very fluid game, scoring with all your 10 players (GK can't score tho) and win 10-0 without your players got complacent.

and more over, there is no (special goal) as you could score all of your 10 goals, from 80 yards lol

Still playing a long term save on Fm11 and will carry on with it until the final patch has been released on FM12.Will then get a full year out of that game.I can never understand why people rush in complaining.Its the same every year.If your not prepared to play the latest game until its near on perfect just wait.Its always near on sorted when the final patch is released[fm 09 aside lol]Just be patient!

No.

I really loved FM11, but never quite got into it as much as I did FM10. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was because I took more time off between stopping FM11 (around February or March of this year) than I did between FM10 and FM11 (played FM10 since release all the way until FM11's release). Maybe it is just because FM12 is essentially a refined version of FM11. Overall, though, it just comes down to me- I'm having more fun on FM12 than I did with FM11.

But hey, to each his own. If you like FM11 more or FM10 or FM09 or FM08 etc then go back to it. I like FM12 the best so far (been playing since FM09) but I realize that everybody is not the same. However, I don't feel the need to announce it to every other gamer on these forums. Play what you like and enjoy it- with games, as with movies or books or music, should be enjoyed because you enjoy them, not because other people enjoy them. Let's keep it that way.

Not a big fan of either of these 'choices' to be honest - one pretty much says 'SI have a gun full of FM12 bugs pointed at our heads' whilst the other one says 'FM12 isn't very good at the moment but it may get better.' Good work at trying to remain neutral :D

FM12, especially after the latest update, is a much better game without doubt.

I agree with this, though. The OP kind of traps you with the poll choices. SI has left me with MANY options other than these past two games, and I am not necessarily enjoying FM12 more than FM11 because it has "much more potential" while I am "enjoying it much more right now".

Archived