Dear si, can you explain what you've done to the scouting?

posted sthg yesterday but have had time to think now. i've downloaded 12.1 and suddenly there is a dearth of "realistic" scouts available. people like Asprilla, Finidi George, Jens Jeremies, decent English scouts: they don't appear, not even as unrealistic targets.

is difficult to build a scouting knowledge now. i thought "well known" would include the likes of Asprilla etc. i looked at the changelist for 12.1 and nothing is mentioned. please can you explain what you've done and the thinking behind it? please?

alas not. just tried to get asprilla: who's unattached and doing nought, and he's not interested in joining. so i suggest some changes HAVE been made to data of some description

EDIT: just tried john silvabaek, ian bowyer: 2 i've always picked up, unattached, and suddenly won't join. sthg's been changed!

Villa.

there seem to be 2 changes i can't fathom:

1. scouts who in 12.0 would willingly join (silvabaek, george, bowyer, griffin, asprilla, desailly) now won't

2. at the game start these scouts aren't appearing in searches as "well-known"

so 2 changes have been made that aren't mentioned in the changelist for patch 12.1

Neil they have made changes the influence on reputation for both club and you has manager. If you are Villa like me then it is a long hard process, I released Petty, Delaney and Verity for their roles and I am struggling to sign youth coaches that I used to sign like Mark Chamberlain for a Ball Control youth coach because I have Gordon Cowans doing that has first team coach.

Using Vancouver in MLS, I've found that many of the staff I had hired in the earlier patches won't sign with me after 12.1. Some of it is due to my staff budget being much more restricted in terms of salary I can offer, but some staff (like Asprilla) won't even talk to me now.

Edit: That's funny...Chamberlain signed on to my Vancouver squad with little fuss.

Villa.

there seem to be 2 changes i can't fathom:

1. scouts who in 12.0 would willingly join (silvabaek, george, bowyer, griffin, asprilla, desailly) now won't

2. at the game start these scouts aren't appearing in searches as "well-known"

so 2 changes have been made that aren't mentioned in the changelist for patch 12.1

I believe there is an issue specifically with Villa signing staff, i read a thread in the bugs forum, i think this is something they are looking into.

Archived