Game sees only 2 core instead of 4

There is a graph in game that shows shows the loading, have only seen it in passing but it is there.

Is that a setting or something? I haven't bothered with something like this because I've only recently purchased a 4 core CPU.

How can I verify it uses all 4 cores?

What did you buy? FM doesnt tax my i7 920 that much, it seems to load on one core more than others, as mine is a hyperthreading (make sure that box is ticked in the preferences) system at 3.8Ghz thats more than enough to run FM in double quick time.

The other cores seem to get used for the OS stuff or any other things I do at the same time such as web browsing or watching movies etc. I have two monitors too so that makes it all the more important that I have those extra cores!

All other examples and the intel info page says 4, either you have a problem with the build, the BIOS or something else weird is going on here!

I would not worry FM1000, wait till you get it, run CPUZ and let us know the results, I think you will feel better.

Problem has solved.

I loaded default BIOS setup and untick box 'amount of processors' in "msconfig->loading->additional options..."

Thank nine_iron and you all for helping me find problem. :)

Bloomin BIOS...

Was a lucky guess :D

I am glad it was something so simple rather than you being sold a dodgy CPU!

Nice way of saying "im sorry my amazing i7 920 whooped your lame i7 920 rigs ass" in the benchmarking thread...
If it's any consolation you were running an i7 while I was still getting by with a Q6600, for half a year I was envious of you. :D

Good to hear that you found the problem, RosT, typical that it had to be the blooming obvious cause.

Archived