The problem of the positional teamtalks

I just beat West Brom 6-3, but defensively we were pretty abysmal. For the last 20 I put Sandro in the DM role from a CM role he started in, and it sured things up at the back.

But when I give the defensive team talk that I wasn't happy he gets included and now his morale is very poor. Surely he still counts as a midfielder in the DM role (particularly when he's only been there for 20 minutes and played CM rest of the game) and what's worse is that after I've done the defensive team talk I can't do a personal one for him praising his performance!

Argh.

Rant over.

thats annoying! i play a dm some times so i will bear that in mind. i like the positional team talk option it really helps speed up slating half your team! (Which at my club usually makes them fired up or motivated... Sadists that they are)

Thats one thing thats always annoyed me with the new team talks, your team may have played very average and you want to give them a kick tell them they need to better except you had that one player who pretty much single handedly won you the game. So you tell the team they must do better and your star man gets angered and there is nothing you can do to counter it, gets on my nerves that does.

So you tell the team they must do better and your star man gets angered and there is nothing you can do to counter it, gets on my nerves that does.

I am not finding that, I usually structure my team talks using the positional things to avoid doing it individually, also I seem to be choosing the right "tone" and if someone plays well and others dont they all seem to get "fired up".

Archived