12.1 Mass Jaded'ness of squad is NOT just a UI/graphical change

Some folks on the forums noticed a large number of their squad were suddenly jaded following the recent patch update. Some (including SI staff) have suggested this was just just a change in the UI like the attribute arrows. (ie, it's always been there, we're just showing it now).

That is clearly not true.

Personally, I noticed it was all (literally, ALL my reserve, and players out on loan at non-active divisions that were jaded)

Using FM Scout this is evident. Players that are in the reserve squad proper (not first team 'made avail') as well as my players on loan were quite jaded while non of my first team or youths were. I checked a couple of ai squads and same thing with their players.

I then checked the squads of players in non-active leagues and as expected, every single one of their players were jaded.

I'm not sure whether this is happening because of the changes made to ai match prep or the changes to prevent reserve league matches from trigering transfer/contract clauses .

I'm going to post screenies and more details but I wanted to start the thread now to get the convo going to see if anyone has any suggestions about what it could be and what to look for etc...

I have noticed this too, but apart from the possible existence of a third (hidden) fitness category which is a combination of Stamina, Natural Fitness and general training intensity and quality, I have no idea what could possibly cause this.

It seems too weird to be intentional...

There is actually a hidden category called "jadedness" which is a value from -1,000 to 1,000. Every consecutive day of training (x Workload) and game minute played adds to this. Days off from training and extended leaves reduce this figure. The higher it tgets the more jaded, which leads to injury, reduced (permanently) mental stats etc...

On the plus side, all the jaded players had crazy increases in both CA and attributes. So it might just be a misbalance wherein the ai is just working these poor saps to death.

Worth noting, I'm playing in Ukraine atm which has a three and a half month winter break....the non-active leagues kept playing (both player Dec and history game stats) increasing as if games were regularly scheduled.

I recalled everyone I cared to actually develop, but the guinea pigs I left on loan are on pace to play 55-60 games this season. :-o

• 4 weeks later...

It definitely hasn't always been there. Before the latest update players were around 90% fit before a match on a bad day fitness wise. Now they're around the low 80's at times. Utter shambles. Here's a tip SI. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Furthermore, try fixing the actual parts of the game that are broke... thanks.

Kraftwerk, I don't believe SI intentionally made it this way. It's most likely a side effect of something else SI changed.

That's what I thought until I saw SI staff shamelessly defend it in other threads by reeling out some utterly absurd excuses such as "they should have been jaded in previous updates and now they're jaded in the new update". Yes, you're right mate. Philipp Lahm who is an absolute machine IRL has become Ledley King in my save after two months of the season. Stamina 18 and he can't last 60 minutes in matches. Can only play once every few weeks.

Ruined, game, the, thanks, you've, SI. Rearrange to suit.

It definitely hasn't always been there. Before the latest update players were around 90% fit before a match on a bad day fitness wise. Now they're around the low 80's at times. Utter shambles. Here's a tip SI. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Furthermore, try fixing the actual parts of the game that are broke... thanks.

You mean to say that it is possible for players to not be completely match fit when they have had a busy schedule?

SORT IT OUT SI!!!!

I often wonder if people try and play seasons with just 11 players, even if i win every single thing i can in a season i dont end up with jaded players, infact i cant actually remember the last time a first team player was jaded in any version of this game i have played, even those with terrible natural fitness attributes.

• Administrators

It was broken before, the jadedness stat from the Match Engine was not applying to the players post-match. This has since been fixed so you'll now need to rest players occasionally for optimum performance (from training, matches or sending them on holiday). If you have examples which you believe are 'bugs' please raise them in the relevant place on the bugs forum and we'll take a look. Thanks.

Just do as I do - the morning after every match, simply give the 10 outfield players who started a 1 day rest from training, along with any subs if they played a significant portion of the game. In FM11 this worked an absolute treat, ensuring players could easily play twice a week with their starting condition never lower than 97/98%. In FM12 it's a little bit lower, usually around 94/95%, but I simply give 2 day rests to the most tired players.

I have my team selection screen showing the 'fitness' selection, so I see their condition and match fitness before picking the team. I wonder if people are missing out on this match fitness percentage and picking players purely based on condition? This would result in very jaded players.

With regards to the attribute arrows, is there a way to change it so they only show when a player has gone up in an attribute? My players regularly have green arrows but don't go up in the attributes. I know there is a different arrow, pointing slightly more upward, but it's just a fuss I can't be dealing with.

With regards to the attribute arrows, is there a way to change it so they only show when a player has gone up in an attribute? My players regularly have green arrows but don't go up in the attributes. I know there is a different arrow, pointing slightly more upward, but it's just a fuss I can't be dealing with.

wrong thread.

and: no there isnt.

I find its more realistic. The fittest of players can still manage just fine. Players low on stamina can no longer manage 3 games a week over the course of a month. Before injuries aside I could play people with just 10/11 stamina in every game without consequence. This isn't blindly defending the change here, it is a pain but its an accurate one. When Woodgate can easily manage 50 games a season without an injury then you know something is slightly amiss.

Archived