Board says max 9 coaches but cancels new coaches ?!

Hi,

First time I notice this problem; my board allows me 9 coaches but they cancel each time I try to contract new coaches. And I only have 3 coaches at the moment !

More strange is that once the board has cancelled the transfer of a certain coach, I can not offer this person a contract again, even after having sacked the 3 coaches I had: the game says I have to wait till a team accepts my offer, but those coaches are free !!

help please

I have sacked entire staff now.

I can no-more offer contracts to the coaches that the board recently cancelled the transfers. (those I absolutely want)

I can offer for others, but I want those who I tried to get before because they are the best.

For the next time this issue arises, since the patch the board are more strict about the division of your coaches between the roles, and enforce the limits better.

Thankfully, this change has been accompanied by an improvement to the job centre. Previously if you had space for 1 more coach you could place an advert for any type of coach, regardless on how the board viewed the numbers.

Now the job centre only allows you, from what i can tell, to post an advert for the specific type of coach the board will let you have.

Usually when I place an advert the only applicants are either idiots or newgens (and for some reason i never sign newgen staff), so i tend to look at the job centre to see what staff I have room for, then go to the staff search to find them.

In FM11 there was also a breakdown of avaialable staff in the board room somewhere, and it might be that it is still there.

As for the fact you cant sign the coaches you had previous contact with, that is indeed a shame and perhaps a bug

I think the issue is something else here, you can actually sign those coaches but!

If the board allows 4 coaches 2 1st team coaches and 1 goalkeeper and 2 fitness coaches. Those are now the type of contracts you can offer since the last patch.

If you use all those spots for normal coaches the board might reject the signs, and offering them a new contract gets disabled for some reason:S

Had the same with my man utd save on the 2017 season, I was allowed to sign 30 coaches total, since i had 26 i thought lets get those 4 extra aswell.

I was allowed to have 18 normal coaches now but already had 20 members with a coach contract 2 as fitness 2 as goalkeeper and 2 as 1st team. so when i offered the 4 new members a coach job it got rejected.

after loading the save again, and offering those 4 a 1st team coach job it got allowed.

Pretty sure this is a bug..happened to me too.

I offered a contract to a coach, board rejected it - so I terminated the contract of 1 of my current coaches and now I can't offer a contract to that coach the board rejected...

Pretty sure this is a bug..happened to me too.

I offered a contract to a coach, board rejected it - so I terminated the contract of 1 of my current coaches and now I can't offer a contract to that coach the board rejected...

its really the most annoying part of it all, that you just won't be able to sign that coach anymore after it was rejected.

If you had taken the time to read the thread you would realise that the issue is different.

Although the OP was initially confused about why he couldnt sign coaches, I get the impression that this is now agreed by all on the thread (except maybe Ranquelme), to be because the board now strictly define what types of coaches you can have, as I clearly explained above (and as you pointed out has been explained in the other thread). I do agree that this is not a bug or ridiculous, and agree with someone on the other thread that this is if anything a bug fix, as you can no longer exploit the intended system.

However, if you look at what RandyB and JadaX have been saying, they are saying that after the board cancelled the contract offer to a coach, they are now unable to offer a contract to that coach. I assume that they meant they tried to sign him as a 'coach' but the board cancelled as they only had room for, for example, first team coach. In my experience all regular coaches are willing to be first team coaches, but it is not proper that they cant even now offer this coach any type of contract. (which i am only assuming is what happened to them, as i havent tried it myself)

Therefore, the issue being talked about by RandyB and JadaX is different to that in the other thread, and to that which you so lazily assume it to be

(edit - 'sigh')

I had this with my Swansea save found a great coach and then the board cancelled despite still being two short of my limit. What I didn't realise is that the board has a specified layout of how many coaches for each role.

EG, I was allowed 8 coaches, 4 had to be normal coaches, 2 youth, 1 goalkeeper and then 1 First Team Coach.

I was trying to get 5 normal coaches rather than a first team coach and the board kept cancelling until I got a First Team Coach. It's quite a good plan because it means that every aspect and role in your club is catered for.

i'll try to explain how the situation is at this moment.

I try to sign rodrigo taddei (ca 135 pa 180) and a 4,5 star tactics coach, so that means he could become a 5 star tactics coach. (how nice)

So i did an approach to sign, offered him a coach contract, but i did not have spots left for coaches, only for 1st team or youth coaches. So in the end the board refused the transfer.

Now the bugged part: I try to approach him again and then a message pops up, which shows that i have to wait till my bid gets accepted, uhm what:confused:, even 3 months later the same message keeps popping up if i try to approach him.

So i tried someone else but this time as a 1st team coach and voila he joined.

But the problem however is in that message, that my offer has to be accepted, while it was already accepted, but the transfer failed due to my board. And now i won't be able to ever sign him again, already tried to sign him on another team and then make a new bid, but even that doesn't work. The message stays the same, i cannot give him a contract or approach him untill my bid is accepted

• SI Staff

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback on this issue, and sorry for any problems that this will have caused you.

As a couple of you have mentioned, there does appear to be an issue when the user attempts to approach a member of staff for the second time after the original approach was cancelled by the board. When approaching the member of staff for the second time you will encounter a message that informs you 'You cannot make a contract offer for this person. Until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait.'

I can fully understand how this will be an inconvinience to users, especially if they have recentley let staff go in order to abide by the staff restrictions. However, in the example I have found internally there is a small work around. The 'You cannot make a contract offer for this person. Until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait. ', message will be removed around 10-14 days after the original transfer was cancelled by the board. The user will then be able to offer a contract to the member of staff in order to fill the newly created vacancy at the club.

Whilst this is obviously not working as intended, hopefully the above will help if you thought staff who currently have this problem will always be affected.

Cheers,

Ben

Randy B - The workaround that I have mentioned above is not working for you by the sounds of things. Would you be able to upload your save to the FTP so we can check it out. Could you also let me know if Rodrigo Taddei was at a club when you approached him?

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Hello ben

It indeed didn't seem to work, but i have reloaded a save 1 week before i made the contract offer and offered a 1st team coach contract to taddei. so its not that big of a deal but i'll see what happens with the save, were i did mess up.

i'll let you know if it will dissapear this time, after the 2 weeks you've mentioned

it seems to work ok now after 2 weeks i was indeed able to sign them

When contracting a new staff member I would like to see the max limit for that exact staff role instead of the total limit (at the right side on the screen when proposing a contract)

I'm playing as spurs now start of 2nd season and I still can't have more than 1 fitness coach and 1 GK coach... which are not enough to get more than 3.5 stars for those training areas.

• SI Staff
When contracting a new staff member I would like to see the max limit for that exact staff role instead of the total limit (at the right side on the screen when proposing a contract)

I'm playing as spurs now start of 2nd season and I still can't have more than 1 fitness coach and 1 GK coach... which are not enough to get more than 3.5 stars for those training areas.

I agree that this is somthing that should be added. It would certainly help to make things clearer to the user.

Cheers,

Ben

The message lies anyway as when I came across this issue I added another manager, approached the same coach, went back to my original manager and it still said I had to wait for an offer to be accepted even though the club he worked for had accepted an offer!!

I have a question related to youth coaches:

now we must have youth coaches, but do they have a significant effect ?

Because in FM11 I had 5 excellent youth coaches with City during 8 seasons, but I never got a decent youth product/regen, so since then I always preffer having all my staff as genereal coaches.

youth coaches dont have anything to do with the level of youth product coming in .. only an affect on the training they recieve once they are with you... youth coaches will have more time to spend with youth products and in theory are more focused on them as they arent training the first team players in their relative area's aswell...

the quality of youth products coming in is judged on your teams rep and facilities etc

youth coaches dont have anything to do with the level of youth product coming in .. only an affect on the training they recieve once they are with you... youth coaches will have more time to spend with youth products and in theory are more focused on them as they arent training the first team players in their relative area's aswell...

the quality of youth products coming in is judged on your teams rep and facilities etc

Won't coaches bring their scouting knowledge into the picture?

• SI Staff

A fix for this issue was not included in the 12.1.1 update.

The changelist for the 12.1.1 update only included two changes. These can be seen here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291671-Merry-Christmas-from-Sports-Interactive-–-Announcing-*NEW*-Update-12.1.1-for-FM2012

The issue regarding staff contracts remains under review.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback on this issue, and sorry for any problems that this will have caused you.

As a couple of you have mentioned, there does appear to be an issue when the user attempts to approach a member of staff for the second time after the original approach was cancelled by the board. When approaching the member of staff for the second time you will encounter a message that informs you 'You cannot make a contract offer for this person. Until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait.'

I can fully understand how this will be an inconvinience to users, especially if they have recentley let staff go in order to abide by the staff restrictions. However, in the example I have found internally there is a small work around. The 'You cannot make a contract offer for this person. Until a team accept an offer all you can do is wait. ', message will be removed around 10-14 days after the original transfer was cancelled by the board. The user will then be able to offer a contract to the member of staff in order to fill the newly created vacancy at the club.

Whilst this is obviously not working as intended, hopefully the above will help if you thought staff who currently have this problem will always be affected.

Cheers,

Ben

Randy B - The workaround that I have mentioned above is not working for you by the sounds of things. Would you be able to upload your save to the FTP so we can check it out. Could you also let me know if Rodrigo Taddei was at a club when you approached him?

FTP Details - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276528-FTP-Instructions

Just stop messing with things that work! I didnt hear anyone complaining about the way it was before! I PLAY the GAME to have fun - we're not actually football managers. Its a game! If the board say i can have 6 coaches - let me decide what 6 coaches best work for me! Absolutely ridiculous - the number of pathetic, half cut meaningless "updates" that are released is staggering. The game should represent what the gamers want and nobody on planet earth ever sat down and said "ya know, i wish the board here would make my job harder - its just too easy"..............reverse this update and give back the control to the manager...to the GAMER. Whats next? A chairmen wont let ya sign a player because he thinks you have enough people? Why not call it Football Chairman 2012......all you're doing is annoying your consumer base and driving seasoned and long standing players onto another game. Undo this change and dont fix what isnt broken - the backroom make up should be defined by the manager and not the chairmen - dont draw the fun out of the game!!

Just stop messing with things that work! I didnt hear anyone complaining about the way it was before! I PLAY the GAME to have fun - we're not actually football managers. Its a game! If the board say i can have 6 coaches - let me decide what 6 coaches best work for me! Absolutely ridiculous - the number of pathetic, half cut meaningless "updates" that are released is staggering. The game should represent what the gamers want and nobody on planet earth ever sat down and said "ya know, i wish the board here would make my job harder - its just too easy"..............reverse this update and give back the control to the manager...to the GAMER. Whats next? A chairmen wont let ya sign a player because he thinks you have enough people? Why not call it Football Chairman 2012......all you're doing is annoying your consumer base and driving seasoned and long standing players onto another game. Undo this change and dont fix what isnt broken - the backroom make up should be defined by the manager and not the chairmen - dont draw the fun out of the game!!

The coaches change is wrong, no board decides which coaches you can have, it is for the manager to decide his coaches. fair enough to put a number on it, but a board should not dictact the types of coaches you can have. By updating the game, you have caused alot of bugs that were not there before, a change as big as the controlling of the budgets, with no warning whatsoever, is understandable and a good change to stop the exploitation of the wages, but how do you explain how at certain clubs like villa newcastle and blackpool, good coaches and scouts dont want to sign for you nad then rubbish ones want to sign month to month for no money and will only accept a contract once the join the club.

I agree that a fix needs to be done as soon as possible, either reverse it, or fix it, but please do it soon, because i agree with the above quote, it is taking the fun out of the game.

In my view, this is a completely inane change, and has made the game unnecessarily complicated for lower-league managers in particular. It is also completely unrealistic. What is the logic behind this change? Has any self-respecting chairman ever dictated a manager with even a single modicum of self-respect on what kind of coaches he should or not have? Do you ever see someone like Peter Hill-Wood dictating Arsene Wenger on what kind of coaches should or should not be in the squad? If there is plenty of money in the bank, why should this even be an issue?

It's the manager who decides what kind of coaches should be in the side, not the chairman or the board, just like how the manager chooses what sort of players should play for the club! I understand if this were the case for a particularly megalomaniacal owner, but it's completely unrealistic for this to be the case for non-interfering board members as well, including chairmen who're well known for their hands-off approaches and letting their managers have complete control.

You're destroying the customization in the game, something that is so necessary for a management game, through unnecessary changes like this. This patch has broken far more things than it's fixed. There are workarounds, yes, but there could have been more transparency in letting people know of these changes and how to get about them.

In my view, this is a completely inane change, and has made the game unnecessarily complicated for lower-league managers in particular. It is also completely unrealistic. What is the logic behind this change? Has any self-respecting chairman ever dictated a manager with even a single modicum of self-respect on what kind of coaches he should or not have? Do you ever see someone like Peter Hill-Wood dictating Arsene Wenger on what kind of coaches should or should not be in the squad? If there is plenty of money in the bank, why should this even be an issue?

It's the manager who decides what kind of coaches should be in the side, not the chairman or the board, just like how the manager chooses what sort of players should play for the club! I understand if this were the case for a particularly megalomaniacal owner, but it's completely unrealistic for this to be the case for non-interfering board members as well, including chairmen who're well known for their hands-off approaches and letting their managers have complete control.

You're destroying the customization in the game, something that is so necessary for a management game, through unnecessary changes like this. This patch has broken far more things than it's fixed.

I agree completely.

The coaching and the training need overhauls. Managers should be given a staff budget to use as they see fit. more can be requested from the board if a manager feels it is essential. there needs to be some reason for having junior coaches or senior coaches. you shouldnt need a coach for each category in order to have 5 star coaching. entire system is a mess.

Archived