Chairman Transfers

No, it's not possible to do so.

once they decided to sell someone, they'll do it

but they don't decide to sell players unless the club is indeed needs the transfer money. or at least that what happend to me.

One trick is to set the selling price at £40 mill and no one will bid, if i get a bid for a player i want to keep i renegotiate it high and set it non negotiable

I do set selling prices very high for players I wont sell.

and for players that I want to sell with good price, lets say a players value is 4m? I set selling price at 12m at least. and I get 8m or 9m for them after negotiations.

I'm yet to try it but you do get the option to express your displeasure in the press conference immediately after the deal goes through, I'd like to think that if you had a decent reputation this would make the chairmen think twice about doing it again.

I do set selling prices very high for players I wont sell.

and for players that I want to sell with good price, lets say a players value is 4m? I set selling price at 12m at least. and I get 8m or 9m for them after negotiations.

One reason i go to the £40 mill mark, no bids are even made, my squad my price! Lol, usually works for me

I do find that setting really high transfer values does seem to present it, as it is said above.

Seems to work a bit like saying hands off to the chairman.

Im Peterborough established in the premiership and Macanthony or whatever his name is just sold my 5 star PA rated youngster for 5 million over 48 months, despite me having a healthy bank balance.

Im confused about why you get asked about relationship in manager in press conferences sometimes even when there has not been a sale over your head

Can anyone think of any plausible positive result of saying he pisses you off then?

I have a healthy bank balance so I can't see it being tha. I recieved an offer of 2.6 million for a propising youngster I bought 6 months prior for 1.2 million didn't get a chance to reject it chairman accepted and it looks like he'll be on his way for a pitance. I appreciate the advice though and will give it a go with the rest of my young players.

Usually you hear of a rumour before a bid, thats when i know its time to put their asking value to something daft, in experience though i have had my players touted in the press for seasons on end and the player then deciding he wants a new challenge

Whilst I appreciate that other gamers are free to play 'their' game in whatever manner they chose, I adhere to a strict policy of not using FMRTE (at least in every scenario in which I have encountered to date).

Whilst I have had some frustrating experiences with chairman, I choose to take them as they come, play the hand I'm dealt if you will, as there are certainly some wacko chairman out there in the matrix.

I do concede however, that the only difference between going to FMRTE, and exploiting the fact that setting a high value seems to counter chairman interference, is that one is inside the game and one is outside.

Perhaps to make the game more 'realistic' SI should reduce the effectiveness of preventing chairman sales by setting a high transfer value, if a club needing money were made a still decent offer...........................

Archived