Do you find it fun.....

I'm not sure "fun" is the right word - but it's like from day one for a lot of us who start way down in the lower leagues. Just part and parcel of the game.

Agreed. Cant remember the last time I signed or managed someone I knew really well. I enjoy the not having knowledge of the players as it means relying on my scouts etc to find good players. For me, I would find it boring to just search out the players I knew.

Agreed. Cant remember the last time I signed or managed someone I knew really well. I enjoy the not having knowledge of the players as it means relying on my scouts etc to find good players. For me, I would find it boring to just search out the players I knew.

yeah dont get me wrong,i like sometimes going out and searching for hours and buying someone i dont know but i just dont like when your left with computerised players who arent in the real game,ruins it for me but were alll different

yeah dont get me wrong,i like sometimes going out and searching for hours and buying someone i dont know but i just dont like when your left with computerised players who arent in the real game,ruins it for me but were alll different

Thats what makes it such a great game. Everyone can enjoy and play it in a way that suits them.

I'll use the same approach to finding and signing players I'm familiar with as I do with those I've never heard of. It's always possible that my perception of a players strengths differs to that of the researcher, so scouting them makes sense. Building a team of the big names is fun, but it doesn't make as satisfying a game for me as building one of players I've worked to find.

Bit of both. I got through to 2041 in FM11 and a few times I wished I knew the career paths more of the fictional players took, I had to check the history for any player to see where they had been, there was none of the "wow, that's a good move for him" or "Imagine him playing in non-league" that you get with real players 5-10 years into the game. I quite liked it when the young players at game start were the veterans, but after they all retired I did miss something.

Still fun, but different.

Bit of both. I got through to 2041 in FM11 and a few times I wished I knew the career paths more of the fictional players took, I had to check the history for any player to see where they had been, there was none of the "wow, that's a good move for him" or "Imagine him playing in non-league" that you get with real players 5-10 years into the game. I quite liked it when the young players at game start were the veterans, but after they all retired I did miss something.

Still fun, but different.

spot on,i feel the exact same as you.

I'll use the same approach to finding and signing players I'm familiar with as I do with those I've never heard of. It's always possible that my perception of a players strengths differs to that of the researcher, so scouting them makes sense. Building a team of the big names is fun, but it doesn't make as satisfying a game for me as building one of players I've worked to find.

Definitly agree with this. I only ever sign players that are reccomended by scouts or my backroom staff in the team meetings. Admittedley I have signed some absolute stinkers but also found the odd gem which as you say is ultimately much more satisfying.

Archived