Purchase availability

Hi All,

I’d like to ask for your help. I’m a long time fan of FM and have all the copies back from CM days. As I am more of a casual player than a hardcore, I tend to buy games after a couple of months, my reasons being that I prefer buying 2-3 good games for the price of one, and more importantly, the patches that arrive usually balance the game by then.

As for the reason I’m writing. I’m in Hungary and ran through the catalogue and found that FM2008 costs 9999Ft, that’s approximately $60, for a game whose new version will be out in like 3 months. My question is do you (SI) have a say in the distribution of your games, or it’s up to the retailers to judge the market. Also is there anywhere I can get the game (on-line stores that ship here, downloads, etc.) for a reasonable price. As I read someone could buy it for 8 pounds and I find the prices ridiculous compared to that.

Hope it didn’t come as a rant, any help from SI or the distributors (Sega if I recall correctly) would be welcome, as I would hate to miss out on the series.

KR

Archived