FM12 on a 10.1 inch netbook

Good morning,

Looking for some advice. I am looking at getting a netbook (10.1 inch most likely) but I have heard that new skins etc do not run on smaller resolution screens and I will need to download a netbook specific version - is this true? Also are there any issues with playing on a netbook that I need to be aware of?

Thanks

only that netbooks are utterly utterly useless and a completely redundant overpriced piece of kit and certainly not worth the money to play fm on

Thanks, a really useful and informative reply. Maybe someone that has a netbook and plays FM on it could be of assitance

Netbooks are not designed for gaming and so are not tested on or supported by the game. In previous versions you could get the game to run, but required a special skin as the screen resoultion on the netbook will not run the game. Check the Skinning forum for an update on the FM 12 netbook skin.

Netbooks are not designed for gaming and so are not tested on or supported by the game. In previous versions you could get the game to run, but required a special skin as the screen resoultion on the netbook will not run the game. Check the Skinning forum for an update on the FM 12 netbook skin.

Thanks, appreciate the help

I bought an ASUS Netbook for my partner, and tried to run FM12 on it. Was a no go.

If you are using a Laptop to play FM, then i'd suggest maybe investing some more cash into a "normal" sized Laptop (15" screen) which would provide a better all round experiance, and actually not that much more expensive then a netbook to begin with.

Well the processors tend to be extremely weak in netbooks, so even running just England with a large database could prove problematic. They do tend to be built from very cheap hardware, so you have to decide between regular autosaves and sluggish saving every couple of weeks or less frequent autosaves to get through a bit quicker.

I have a samsung netbook, and only have england medium db. It's actually decent if you put the battery life on gaming mode. It will run alot quicker on laptop/pc. But if you want to carry it around with you, its decent

With regards to the skin, the netbook one hasn't been released yet but is under construction

Archived