Can someone explain this sick schedule please ?

hello,

this was the schedule in the last month of season.

Thu, 1.5.2014 - Fenerbahçe TV H 0 - 0 EURO Cup Semi Final Leg 2

Sun, 4.5.2014 - Fulham A 3 - 1 Premier Division

Wed, 7.5.2014 - Liverpool H 4 - 2 Premier Division

Sat, 10.5.2014 - Arsenal TV N FA Cup Final

Mon, 12.5.2014 - Man City H Premier Division

Wed, 14.5.2014 - Tottenham TV N EURO Cup Final

Fri, 16.5.2014 - Arsenal A Premier Division

Sun, 18.5.2014 - Man City TV A Premier Division

:mad:

we had chance to be champions but how can we manage with this kind of sick schedule ? nonsense...

You're not serious with this reply, are you?

He's playing in 3 competions, that's certainly not unheard of and you never see this kind of schedule in real life.

This is certainly the game's fault, so SI should really stop with these answers...

You're not serious with this reply, are you?

He's playing in 3 competions, that's certainly not unheard of and you never see this kind of schedule in real life.

This is certainly the game's fault, so SI should really stop with these answers...

+1 :thup:

in the 3rd season with Newcastle,

i won league cup and fa cup but lost uefa final because of this sick schedule. also i had chance to win league but could not handle no more. you never see this kind of schedule in real life. :confused:

This can happen if you are still in all the competitions. In real life, the FA can extend the season but the game cannot code this, so it is the price you pay for being successful

Many Thanks for your answer. Please provide Real life evidence that this has happened to a top flight team.

Expecting a quick response.

Thanks

Jamie

Between 4/5/2008 and 22/5/2008, Rangers played 6 league game, the Scottish Cup final and the final of the Euro Cup.

A game every 3 days - Normal i'd say. His suggests a game every 2.25 days..

8 games within 18 days, rather than 6.

Please provide evidence of a top flight club in England (eg Premier League)

Thanks

i think this has always been an issue within FM to be honest,but like milnerpoint says,make use of your squad and fitness and accept the challenge :)

Im not that good of a manger to be in all comps at the same time, im just trying to work out why they haven't incorporated it in the game and just come up with, like it or lump it bolloc*s

Why must it be from the EPL?

Get over it to be honest, there is nothing that can be changed, make use of your squad and keep an eye on fitness.

Yeah, sure.. Thanks.

A game every 3 days - Normal i'd say. His suggests a game every 2.25 days..

8 games within 18 days, rather than 6.

Please provide evidence of a top flight club in England (eg Premier League)

Thanks

What maths are you doing? from the 4th to the 22nd is 18 days with 8 games to play. That's a game every 2.25 days. Therefore it has happened ;)

The fact is this situation comes around so infrequent there really isnt a precedent for it, i cannot think of a single example when they have had to extend the EPL because of a team success, i dont even know if they would extend it due to their TV commitments through SKY. It caused outrage up here in Scotland when both the Old Firm needed the league extended i can only imagine the problem being much worse in England.

So, you go a long way in all competitions, then you'll have a backlog of fixtures

going all the way in EVERY competition (or making the final) means you'll have at least 60 games, of which are split about 30-30

30 games in 5 months = a game on average every 5 days, but with most finals being in May, you normally get a backlog there

for a real example (top club in ENGLAND),

Liverpool (00-01)

May 5 - League - WIN vs Bradford

May 8 - League - DRAW vs Chelsea

May 12 - FA Cup Final - WIN vs Arsenal

May 16 - UEFA Cup Final - WIN vs Alaves

May 19 - League - WIN vs Charlton

so 5 games in 14 days for a 2.8days/game average

real enough evidence for you?

conclusion:

this CAN happen IRL (as FrazT and I have proven) but if you've got a paper-thin squad, then you pay the consequences

In Aldershot's conference winning season we had a run of 6 games in 15 days, or a game every 2.5 days. Didn't lose one :) In fact for the month of March we played 10 games in 29 days, one defeat. SO yeah this does happen and there is no excuse for not dealing with it.

Sat, 10.5.2014 - Arsenal TV N FA Cup Final

Mon, 12.5.2014 - Man City H Premier Division

Wed, 14.5.2014 - Tottenham TV N EURO Cup Final

guys i want to underline again one of matches was fa cup final and the other one is uefa cup final. and the pl match was the most important match of season bec. they were 1st. so how could we perform good ?

You have to remember that players with a low condition can still play fine, they may run the risk of injury or get tired by the end of the 3 games but they can still play, i often play big players if they are around 85/90% fit if the game is important enough. Remeber and set all your important players to rest for a week, you wont need them training during that schedule and you should get through it fine.

Anyone who tries to defend this is simply out of his mind. This is not some crazy on-off case.

People are not upset because this is happening, they are upset with the SI responses. It's the game's fault, not the players' and SI should at least admit to that (since they can't do anything about it atm).

Isn't that the honest thing to do?

Anyone who tries to defend this is simply out of his mind. This is not some crazy on-off case.

People are not upset because this is happening, they are upset with the SI responses. It's the game's fault, not the players' and SI should at least admit to that (since they can't do anything about it atm).

:applause:

^ days off training are invaluable

it invariably comes down to the fact that most FMers (yes, me too) don't build a big enough squad, and then throw a tantrum when they get a big pile-up at the end of the season

look at most teams last season,

Barcelona used 31 players last year,

Real Madrid used 35,

Man Utd used 31,

Newcastle (for a non-top team) used 35,

Portsmouth (who are debt-ridden) used 27,

i could go on and on, but i'm 99% certain that most FM managers (myself included) don't use as many as that (okay, maybe as many as Portsmouth did, but then they barely had enough to pay any more)

edit: that arrow is obviously aimed at the 3 games in 4 days post, i just took ages for research

Clearly you have missed the 3 real life examples given where this has actually happened, please read the thread again.

Anyway SI have on numerous occasions accepted the game could be better in this area but it wont be an easy thing to change, leagues are coded to start and stop on specific dates, having these extended would be very difficult. They dont need to drop into every single thread on the issue and give the same response over and over, if anything they will just get constantly flamed for it.

okay, (this actually happened to me on FM11)

would you rather have the games rescheduled so that the UEFA Cup final is played on June 1 (after EVERYONE has been called up for WC duty?)

i'm sure you'd be more up in arms about that (why is this crap game scheduling games on June 1, all my players have gone to WC duty)

Yes, this ACTUALLY happened to me in FM11, for the WC18... i raged at the virtual FA

of course, they then had the nerve to schedule a league game on Sep5 in the following season (Sep 1 - 13 is international duty remember)

personally, i'm glad they changed it, i was fed up of having a CL final in VERY late May / early June (May 28-June 1) just for the sake of having 100% players

Unfortunately the game isn't quite advanced enough to predict how things will pan out. Games from early in the season et moved back to empty dates, but then these dates keep getting filled and games are moved back again. Eventually you run out of free dates, in particular if you are in the EURO Cup and FA Cup.

In real life they can re-schedule 2 or more games at once to fit things in correctly and can plan ahead, particularly to allow for Thursday EURO games, but the game doesn't have the code to do this complicated procedure.

Yes it can be annoying, but I've seen far worse schedules than the OP.

Nobody has said that it is necessarily right, but it does happen in real life and it is a consequence of being successful in all competitions in real life and in the game. SI have said that the issue of recoding leagues to take account of this is very difficult with knock on effects, so is not possible.

Nobody has said that it is necessarily right, but it does happen in real life and it is a consequence of being successful in all competitions in real life and in the game. SI have said that the issue of recoding leagues to take account of this is very difficult with knock on effects, so is not possible.

You can't equate one or two or even three examples of real life in order to justify something that happens so often in the game. I think a 10 year old could understand that, don't you think?

Besides, since I'm seeing that you are avoiding the issue, I must point out that this happenes even when the player is doing great in ONLY 3 competitions, which is certainly not rare in real life at all.

I don't mind that the game has problems, but not admitting to them and responding with arguments like "it's the price you pay for being succesful" is totally illogical and completely arrogant!

In addition, due to the fixture problem titles get lost more often than not, so players are not REALLY succeeding, are they? ;)

This happened to me as well in France, the Europa league causes massive schedule congestion towards the end of the season, i played like 5 or 6 games with only two days of interval in between.

From now on i'll just ignore that competition unless i'm doing really bad in the league, it's just not worth it.

On fm11 I played sat-mon-thurs-sun because of fa cup replays messing up my league games and the Europa league causing a backlog. There was no other way it could have been done because I was playing every single midweek. I just took all my players off training for the week and rotated every other match.

You can't equate one or two or even three examples of real life in order to justify something that happens so often in the game. I think a 10 year old could understand that, don't you think?

There are tens of thousands of FM players, a lot of whom play the game as a successful team, a lot of whom play multiple seasons in weeks. So the chances of these fixture backlogs are high enough to have a few people complain about it. I think a 10 year old could understand that ;)

I think it's realistic and it's common in lower leagues. IRL there would have to be exceptional circumstances for any FA to even consider extending the season for one team because it raises so many issues and they'd be accused of bias.

So it's ok for this to happen every season in the game, when in real life it happens rarely?

Riiight.

It happens every season in the game? Going to need to see a screenshot of your fixtures for every single season.

OP how come you play city twice in 6 days in the PL?

It'll be because the original game will have been moved so many times that he'll have ended up having both games in a short space of time. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it very rarely happens in real life, it's upto you to have a big enough squad and be able to rotate and deal with it. May not like it, but that's the way it is. How often does the season get extended in real life in any league due to fixture congestion? Just because someone happens to win in every round of every competition they play in (plus replays) and it means they have to play a load of games in a short space of time doesn't mean the season should be extended. Being blunt, deal with it. You may not like it, but it's the price you pay for success. If it bothers you that much, prioritise, and play some younger players in the Carling/FA Cups/European games once you've qualified from the group stages/PL once you've won the league if that's what happens, or if you can't finish any higher or lower with a couple of games to go. I've had games before where I have a large number of games in a small number of days, and I just accept it, I get on with it, and accept it's due to being so successful.

• 1 month later...

this is seriously not fun..................

Sun, 22/12/2013 16:00 Chelsea TV H 2 - 5 Premier League

Thu, 26/12/2013 17:15 Arsenal TV H 7 - 2 Premier League

Sat, 28/12/2013 15:00 Newcastle A 2 - 3 Premier League

Mon, 30/12/2013 20:00 Man City TV A 1 - 4 Premier League

Wed, 1/1/2014 15:00 Everton A Premier League

Sat, 4/1/2014 15:00 Norwich H FA Cup 3rd Rnd

Archived