Sacked out of NOWHERE!

So in this league I'm currently looking at, there is a team who was predicted to finish in 3rd.

This is a variation on Some Guy's magnificent thread.

Now, while this team was in 8th, it had only just gotten past a third of the season.

Adelaide United's manager got sacked out of nowhere and replaced on the same day

But then, their manager is sacked! And he is then replaced immediately with... A FORMER MANAGER!

The replacement had led the team previously and once got beaten 6-0 in the Grand Final

This manager also had a four year contract left, and considering this team isn't the richest, the pay out would of been HUGE!

Now I would very much like for you smart people who highlighted this to not tell anyone else... see how long it takes them to realise this isn't your average cynical post. Thanks must go to Some Guy! as well...

This is outrageous! Why would any club do this, no real chairman would be this mad!

Well played, I can't believe anyone would hire Kosmina again.

Really, SORT IT OUT SI!

I actually think that this club might be better for it!

No seriously, I do. They lacked passion and that's what Kossie's got!

This isn't a bug and is apart of the game, is usually the default response.. This will be defended by some idiots who actually wont see this as a bug.

No manager after 8 weeks will of been sacked, maybe resigned for health reasons or something, but never sacked.

This isn't a bug and is apart of the game, is usually the default response.. This will be defended by some idiots who actually wont see this as a bug.

No manager after 8 weeks will of been sacked, maybe resigned for health reasons or something, but never sacked.

Well done, you have completely missed the point so you can hunt out bugs!

No chairman would sack such a highly-paid manager after just 8 weeks, SURELY?!?

I too think Kossie's appointment is a fairly good one, although Phil Stubbins would have been good too IMO. He brings passion and commitment back to the team.

I mean, it's not as though he was some random Dutchman who made some recruitment errors and had poor man-management skills, right?!?

Some people criticise his system, but ANY system is better than the aimless rubbish we were playing under Rini, we need to just get a system going and some passion back!

What a JOKE, SORT IT OUT SI!!! :mad:

Oh and I think you'll find they haven't actually sacked Rini, they've made him youth team manager to avoid paying him out a huge amount!

Well done, you have completely missed the point so you can hunt out bugs!

And?? Ive paid money for this game, i excpect it to work. I haven't bought a car for it to not work. The game is full of bugs (granted it cant be helped) but every patch it gets worse. Bugs are fixed, yet more bugs are present. If your happy with it then fine, good on you boy. I have a right to point out bugs and challenge a response/opinion i dont like. Free Speech and all.

Now go :)

And?? Ive paid money for this game, i excpect it to work. I haven't bought a car for it to not work. The game is full of bugs (granted it cant be helped) but every patch it gets worse. Bugs are fixed, yet more bugs are present. If your happy with it then fine, good on you boy. I have a right to point out bugs and challenge a response/opinion i dont like. Free Speech and all.

this isnt a bug, its a real life example, your looking for a bug where none exists because this has not happened in the game.

But it is quite funny you say "No manager after 8 weeks will of been sacked, maybe resigned for health reasons or something, but never sacked." and yet that is exactly what has happened in a real life situation. :)

Actually i remember (being a Benfica fan), seeing Manager Fernando Santos sacked after only one oficial game.

4 years ago, i think is was the second season with Fernando Santos as Benfica Manager. First season went pretty normal, i believe we finish in second place.

Star of season 2, pre-season went a bit bad. 2 weeks before the season starts, Simão Sabrosa (our top player and captain) is tranfer to Atletico Madrid.

So, first game of the same aproach.... we play away against Leixões... final score 1-1.

Next day... Fernando Santos sacked!

And examples like this one... i believe everyone knows about it.

this isnt a bug, its a real life example, your looking for a bug where none exists because this has not happened in the game.

But it is quite funny you say "No manager after 8 weeks will of been sacked, maybe resigned for health reasons or something, but never sacked." and yet that is exactly what has happened in a real life situation. :)

Please provide evidence of a manager in this exact scenario who has been sacked after 8 weeks, who is on a 4 year contract, is a 3rd into the season.

Are you saying FM doesn't work? If a car doesn't work it doesn't start up, as far as I can tell FM starts up, plays through and doesn't encounter any showstopping bugs. That's similar to buying a car, starting it up and using it for your general driving purposes in life.

You may find however that, on icy roads your car is very unstable. You may also find that some parts are substandard, prone to errors or break downs after a while of use, FM doesn't do this.

The truth is, you probably don't know enough about cars to complain that your car isn't working properly, if you did go over and analyse every aspect in detail you would probably find a hell of a lot of minor flaws (like you will with FM) because nothing in life is perfect.

Are you saying FM doesn't work? If a car doesn't work it doesn't start up, as far as I can tell FM starts up, plays through and doesn't encounter any showstopping bugs. That's similar to buying a car, starting it up and using it for your general driving purposes in life.

You may find however that, on icy roads your car is very unstable. You may also find that some parts are substandard, prone to errors or break downs after a while of use, FM doesn't do this.

The truth is, you probably don't know enough about cars to complain that your car isn't working properly, if you did go over and analyse every aspect in detail you would probably find a hell of a lot of minor flaws (like you will with FM) because nothing in life is perfect.

No, but i dont expect it to have this many bugs and problems within the game itself:

(GK pos bug, corner bug, media bugs/miswording, media asking wrong questions, player stats screen - rather than stats {goals/assists/cards/mom awards} i get a string of wording, i got the subs bug {where you make a sub and get the 3D match until the sub has been completed}, board critising me for not drawing within a league cup game, player having abysmal morale for joining from a Series B team to Series A, ME flaws, Glasgow/Rangers spending as much as Man Utd on match day expenditures, Stadium bug where expansion will be finished behind the starting date and is set to increase by 0, Kit clashes, goals not being registered, players not marking players on a throw in, player promises not being recongised, many crash dumps, duplicate players, a 35 year old player on 185K a week, refuses to drop down wages and demands 200k having only played as a backup player and plays about 15 games a season in all comps, too many very good players being released, transfer bug when nobody in the world would offer exellent player contracts when offered out at £0 C.Ronaldo issue, must respond issue)

Many bugs ive missed, most of the above ive experianced aswell. Most of the above are not game stoppers granted, but we could be here all day using my "car" example. (by the way, just for the record, i had a car which would rev to about 3k on tick over, but would drive fine, replaced everything from spark plugs to lamba sensor, it was the inlet manifold, had a hair line crack in it)

:D

So in this league I'm currently looking at, there is a team who was predicted to finish in 3rd.

This is a variation on Some Guy's magnificent thread.

Now, while this team was in 8th, it had only just gotten past a third of the season.

Adelaide United's manager got sacked out of nowhere and replaced on the same day

But then, their manager is sacked! And he is then replaced immediately with... A FORMER MANAGER!

The replacement had led the team previously and once got beaten 6-0 in the Grand Final

This manager also had a four year contract left, and considering this team isn't the richest, the pay out would of been HUGE!

Now I would very much like for you smart people who highlighted this to not tell anyone else... see how long it takes them to realise this isn't your average cynical post. Thanks must go to Some Guy! as well...

Archived