Managing in Russia

Just left Panathinaikos after three seasons to manage Anzhi Makhachkala and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list of nationalities not considered "foreign" in the Russian league?

Thus far I've noticed that Russia, Belarus, Serbia, Croatia and Uzbekistan aren't considered foreign. Are there any others?

If you check the Rules section of a competition it should state which countries are treated as non-foreign.

For some reason, it doesn't. This is why I resorted to asking on the forums. It's weird because the Greek Superleague "rules" section does tell you. But the Russian one doesn't.

I think it will be out from the former Soviet Union but I could be wrong, try asking in the Anzhi or Anji as they are now called team guide in the good players and team guide section of the board.

Nah, most of the former Soviet countries are considered foreign. I have a Lithuanian and an Azerbaijani who are both considered foreign. Moldova and Ukraine are definitely foreign too.

I think Foreign are all non-Russians, although even if you have Russian citizenship, but already capped for another nation, you're considered foreign as well (like Vagner Love for example).

I thought this too, but it's definitely not the case. I can't remember who it was but I recently looked at another team's Brazilian player who has internetional caps but isn't "foreign" because he has Russian as an "other nationality". Plus there are several other nationalities tha aren't considered foreign which I know of. I just wondered if there was a full list anywhere.

As far as I know all players without Russian nationality are considered foreign. In my game Danny of Zenit received Russian nationality and therefore wasn't considered foreign anymore despite not being able to play for the Russian national team for obvious reasons. Croats, Belarusians, Ukranians etc. are definitely considered foreign as long as you don't play with a mod.

I just checked the editor and it doesn't list any other countries as being considered non-foreign, strange.

What's strange about it? Russia is not part of the EU or anything similar, so it's logical that all other nationalities are considered foreign, including former Soviet countries. Since you're required to have at least 5 Russians in your starting 11 it's quite annoying and average Russian players are expensive.

@Mike7077:

Tomas Hubocan simply received Russian nationality because he has been playing in Russia for quite a long time. I assume that's also the case for Serbian Vladimir Volkov.

Artjom(s) Rudnev(s) is part of the Russian minority in Latvia, he already has Russian nationality at the beginning of the game. Same with Zhevnov. In reality Belarusians easily receive Russian nationality, in the game not.

What's strange about it? Russia is not part of the EU or anything similar, so it's logical that all other nationalities are considered foreign, including former Soviet countries. Since you're required to have at least 5 Russians in your starting 11 it's quite annoying and average Russian players are expensive.

It is entirely logical, but it doesn't seem to be the case in the game. Clearly some nationalities are not considered "foreign", as my above screenshot shows.

I think AcidBurn was saying it's strange that the editor shows no nations being considered not foreign other than Russia, and yet in the game some clearly are.

It is strange that Mike7077 has non-Russians not counting as foreign despite the editor showing all nations are classed as foreign.

Let's see the same screenshot with 2nd nationalities pulled up as well. That should confirm things.

No need, my friend. I can assure you that all non-foreigners who aren't Russian in that screenshot have Russian second nationality. I promise you from the heart of my bottom.

Archived