How do i go back to using the last patch?

Same as the title really

new patch is ****. iv never moaned about a patch before and iv been playing since my older bro got the 1st champ man

its the 1st time iv ever considered giving up playing and i was loving it before this latest patch

Please help me

you dont, there is no way to revert back to a previous version.
Which is a major oversight by SI.

Many moon's ago I had to go back to a previous version when a patch caused an instability with the save I was running at the time.

why should i go back and play an older version when i paid good money to play FM12

You've just asked if you can go back to play an older version (v12.0.4), make your mind up fella. :D

why should i go back and play an older version when i paid good money to play FM12

i wish i hadn't set steam to auto update but SI made it out to be such a good idea

I have auto update switched off on Steam. Did it make a fricking bit of difference? No. It still automatically updated.

You've just asked if you can go back to play an older version (v12.0.4), make your mind up fella. :D

He was responding to this sentence.

"One suggestion that people often make in this situation is go back to the previous version of FM"

Its quite simple. Czerpac was looking to go back to a previous version of FM12, not a previous version of FM(FM2011, FM 2010 etc)

I agree, the patch has ruined my experience as I thought this fm was the best yet until this update. I am having lots of trouble regarding morale and I am an ex international with a high rep in management and I have 2 players just coming back from major injuries and they are not fit enough or had enough match time to get in my first team squad yet they are both unhappy at not playing first team football. Team talks also seem vary touchy now, I cannot say anything bad to my players or they ask to leave.

Whoever tested these changes wants the sack!

It's the way Steam works and FM is probably the first game they've handled whose users want such a facility, the place to lobby for it is on the Steam forums but I don't know if it's even an option, rather depends on how patched versions are constructed for download I'd guess.

the only way to revert back, I know of, is to have an entire folder backup of the version you want.

For an example, if you have a folder backup of 12.4, once Steam updated the game for you (whether you wanted or not), you can simply replace the files and Steam will not re-update it for you until there is another update or you verify cache.

From 12.0.0 to 12.0.4, as long as you kept only FM.exe of previous version, simply replacing FM.exe would revert you back to the version you want.

From 12.0.4 to 12.1, however, more than a file have changed, so you would need to have a full folder backup.

Wow, I'm going to go ahead and say that SI have made a huge mistake with the whole steam thing with regard to FM12 if you can't even pick and choose which patch to play with. I'm still on FM10, and I think SI got it right with this version whereby you could get it through steam, or you could just buy the damn thing and not have to worry about Steam (which I still don't know what it actually is).

Ruined the game completely. Considering selling my game due to this.

Proof - Missed all 5 penalties in a penalty shootout due to this team-talk/morale rubbish.

That's more of an opinion than proof, you can always upload the match pkm for SI to look at though.

Good luck with selling the game, it can't be used by anyone else now that you've activated it & I'd hate to think that you'd rip someone off.

Archived