Man City v Arsenal Wrong Kits!

Hi,

After watchig the man city v arsenal match today both teams wear their home kits and on fm they dont, arsenal wear their away kit which is blue! Also man utd use their away kit against wolves and dont irl. Barca and Man Utd wear home kits when playing each other which they wouldnt irl!!

Fic this please si!

It's pretty hard for FM to get it right, IRL teams don't always wear the same kit - even against the same clubs if they play in cups or from season to season. In lower leagues, it can even depend on whether the kit man got them washed in time!

To have any hard and fast rule about if team A wears this colour then team B wears second kit etc would always have exceptions from real life, as real life is exceptionally inconsistent on this.

This is gamebreaking. Please fix it SI, I just cant take it anymore. :/

In all seriousness, Everton often change the kit they are wearing in different seasons. Sometimes we will go to Man City and play the royal blue against the sky blue, yet I remember a few seasons ago we wore the black away shirt with pink pinstripes. So its variable in real life.

Fm gets it wrong a lot of the time, in every game there have been games in which the kits are insane.

I cant remember specifically but it would be like Ajax v Arsenal both wearing their home kits which makes the game impossible to watch. The strange thing is the kits are ok in the reverse fixture.

Ive asked for the option of the game to pick the kits and the user to be able to change them if they want like in FIFA so at least the SI guys know about it.

Incidentally this happened IRL when QPR went to a 3 game tourny in Italy, QPR only had 1 kit (red and white 1/4s) and played Braga in their Arsenal kit. The game was unwatchable. The strange thing is Braga then played the 3rd team (who didnt play in red and/or white) in their away kit on the same day!

I've seen Gillingham wear both Millwall's away kit and Leyton Orient's away kit in real life- Millwall because of a clash after the kitman packed only the home colours, which clashed, and Orient because the kitman (and half the team) didn't get to the game in time for kickoff.

And yet I've NEVER seen this happen on FM. Nor have I seen a team change their kit at half-time.

Sort it out, SI. ;)

I thought there was some contractual obligation for teams to wear kits for a minimum number of games each season (e.g. when Norwich played against Sunderland in their away kit, despite that game being played at Carrow Road, or somthing like that). But there might not be anything to say in which games that has to happen.

Had ana argument with a mate, i thought that the away kits HAD to be worn away from home, unless the away kit clashes with the home kit, thats when the 3rd kit comes into play.

Still dont know what teh exact rule is.

An 'away kit' isn't really an away kit, it's just a 2nd kit. If the 1st kit clashes with the home team's first kit, then they change to their 2nd kit. Sometimes to their 3rd. I know some teams use their 3rd as their 2nd kit for European games.

An 'away kit' isn't really an away kit, it's just a 2nd kit. If the 1st kit clashes with the home team's first kit, then they change to their 2nd kit. Sometimes to their 3rd. I know some teams use their 3rd as their 2nd kit for European games.

Other teams will wear an away kit or third kit in every away match. The only set rules are that the kits can't clash, and the home team has priority on kit choice. And the latter may just be a tradition...

About European games, it's even common for French teams to use their 3rd kit as the first one for home European games (which doesn't make any sense to anyone but the kit suppliers, who like it for marketing reasons...).

Other teams will wear an away kit or third kit in every away match. The only set rules are that the kits can't clash, and the home team has priority on kit choice. And the latter may just be a tradition...

It used to be the standard practice that when kits clashed, the home team changed their strip rather than the away.

So the conclusion is that there are no rules, so it's impossible for FM to get it 'right' every time because there is no right.

It should be easy to get them right, however the option of manually changing the kits before KO would remove all problems and would even allow users to play the kits that they want. eg IRL QPR have a blue and white home, orange away and red and white 3rd. In FM the 3rd hardly gets used yet its used IRL even when the home and 2nd dont clash.

Archived