AI Man City Are Overpowered Against Other AI

I'm finding that Man City seem to be very overpowered in this latest version, not against me but against the other AI teams over the course of the season. Whenever I have to go and play them as Arsenal I always seem to run them a very close game. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but I've never been comprehensively thumped. However, it is not uncommon to scan the week's results and find them winning 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, week in and week out. The last two games in my most current save they beat Norwich away 7-0 and then the following week they beat Blackburn at home 10-1, and the only reason it wasn't twelve is because Fellani missed two penalties. I understand that these are weak teams and huge demolition jobs do occur in football - as we've seen just this season - but these should be the anomaly rather than the norm. The way it is right now it is next to impossible to compete with Man City on goal difference, essentially giving them a 1 pt head start over everybody else. Is anyone else seeing these sorts of results consistently, or is it just me?

Hmmm... I kinda agree with the current settings, the game is built to develop what we currently expect or predict to happen in a near real future, City has been growing both financially and results wise, it's only normal to expect they keep improving considering their pockets stay this full.

I am in my fourth season: Man City have been 4th (after languishing midtable and firing Mancini in mid-season); 3rd; and 4th again. They are currently leading the league in my fourth season, but only by a point from Man U and I am in third, 4 points off the pace with 2 games in hand. First season, I though Stoke was overpowered, because they came in 6th. Second season, I figured Liverpool were overpowered because they came in 4th. Fact is, teams do better than you'd expect on a semi-random basis.

Archived