Best Moment!

Well my best moment was either winning the Uefa cuo with Hibs in my second season and Steven Fletcher scored 53 goals in one season in one of the best campaigns ive ever done-was in fm 2008 btw. Or....winning the champions leaque with celtic in fm 2010-this one just edges it because im a life long celtic fan and bringing that success to the club was just amazing.

We were facing Real Madrid in the final and had a 1-0 lead until the 86th minute and robinho scored,but then extra time and the main man sanli tuncay came up and grabbed the winner,must say i did scream the house down :L

So what is your best moments in your football manager careers?

Winning the Champions League with Celtic is a good achievement. I tried to do that with them on FM09 but failed miserably.

it was pretty tough to be honest,but we got the luck of the draw at times but still....having to beat madrid in the final was something else

My Barcelona team conceded early in the UCL final against Real Madrid and then my defender gave away a silly penalty which was converted by Ronaldo. I ended up winning 3-2 to make it my second UCL win in a row. I had horrible luck with injuries earlier in the season so I finished second in the league behind Madrid. That comeback was sweet revenge.

Haven't really 'Achieved' anything massive yet, but my best moment so far is thumping CSKA Moscow 9-0 in the Knockout stages of the Champions League. Heres the highlights

{Snip}

Wow, Kadlec and Barrios were on fire! Kadlec getting 4 goals and 4 assists.. :eek: Must of got a 10.0 rating!?

My best moment came this weekend. Actually, my 2 best moments happened! I've been an FM player for what seems like forever, but this weekend was the best. I'm still playing FM10. I've been managing Staines for about 18 seasons, bringing them up from the BSS up to the premiership.

2nd best moment:

February 2028. My team is performing at a level I couldn't have imagined. We're storming the league, and for the first time in our history, we've gotten through the Champions League group round without breaking a sweat. But sweating we start, as in the 1st knockout round draw we're drawn to Spanish giants Real Madrid. To my delight we beat them 1 - 0 at home. 3 weeks later, at the legendary Bernabeu. Minute 85. 2 - 0 to Real Madrid. We're being outplayed and it is as if Real are trying to tell us we're not ready for the big boys yet. Luckily, my 18 year old Brazilian wonderkid striker disagrees and decides in the 85th minute to become the youngest club legend ever by cutting through the Madrid defence like a knife through butter, putting the score at 2 - 1 and sending us into the next round, leaving Madrid wondering what the hell just happened.

Best moment:

No weak teams at this stage. We knew what was coming to us, was going to be immense once again. And so it was, as we were drawn to Italian powerhouse Inter. End of March, the first leg of the Quarter Final at our home turf and despite promising Toninho scoring once again, we lose, 1 - 2. We actually played well, but I felt as if they were just too strong and could sit back and count on the quality of their players to decide the game with a few moments of brilliance. Which they did.

I wasn't too disheartened, as it was to be expected. One week later the return in Milan. My star striker, Ghanian Stanley Lamptey, had been plagued by injury all season long. Just returning from his latest injury, I decide to give him a run into what was to become, what I thought, our last european game of the season. Stanley thought differently. Toninho had been having a weak game, apparently caving under the pressure. Nothing too surprising given his young age. Minute 60 and I substitute him for Lamptey. He doesn't seem to be doing much better, struggling to keep up with the pace of the game after his injury. We'd been playing admirably, the score was 1 - 1 approaching the end of the game but once again Inter looked confident and in full control.

Then minute 85 comes around again. Lamptey, being an injured spectator of the Real Madrid miracle, must've thought to himself when Toninho scored against Madrid "anything you can do, I can do better". And sure enough, an almost exact copy of the Toninho goal, he scores. Staines fans are being awarded for making the long trip to Milan, 1 - 2. But we're still out. 5 minutes and Inter have been hit hard by the Lamptey torpedo. Their defence is all over the place when in minute 90 Lamptey propels himself into superstardom by beating the offside trap, and leaving the unfortunate Inter goalie absolutely powerless. 1 - 3 and Inter are out.

After the Madrid and Inter games, I couldn't help but think "it's meant to be". We had to win the Champions League this year. We had some sort of divine intervention on our side. Do I even have to tell you what happened?

May 20th 2028. CL Final at De Kuip in Rotterdam. 51000 fans watch as we beat Barcelona 0 - 3. Barça didn't put up a struggle, as if they too knew we were meant to win it. And we did, but we didn't win the CL against Barça. No matter what the score may be, every match I play now, when that clock reaches minute 85, I know there's an entire game for us left.

Wow, Kadlec and Barrios were on fire! Kadlec getting 4 goals and 4 assists.. :eek: Must of got a 10.0 rating!?

Yeah, Kadlec got injured and out for 3 months shortly after though, and Barrios is on a slow decline. Hope I can find a replacement as good though! :D

I have just seen my best moment, I am currently in a bit of scape with the board and this saved me from an embarrassing defeat! I have since recovered some form to go 3rd with 15 games left. Finances are aweful even with me hardly signing anyone and cutting out the dead wood, wage total is under 18K a week!

[video=youtube_share;tYjfnVo8QHY]

Archived