Assistant issues promise reminder

Hello,

I've been playing this game for so long, I don't even remember when I started :). Unfortunately, somethings really get on my nerves now. I don't quite understand the following behavior in FM:

I am not playing somebody for 10 matches. He feels he's good enough so asks me to play him.

I promise to involve him in more competitive matches. It's the winter break. After 2 weeks I get an assman reminder, after 1 more week he wants to leave because I lied to him. What the hell???? Shouldn't there be a script that runs something like this: Promise made, analyze the next 5 competitive games, if player didn't start in 4 of them - react negatively?

I am so annoyed with this "feature"! Can somebody please take a look at how players react in these situations? I don't know if this has been talked about in here, but I really want to enjoy long term games and these things just kill it for me.

Fully agree. Had the exact same thing with one of my defenders, only he also then got injured before the first game after the winter break. The promise disappeared then, so at least the game recognizes that a player can't play when injured. But he shouldn't have been getting upset in the first place when I had no games for 2 months!

I had this when the player played in the only game before an international break. I think the same happens with a promise to sell players later in the season, they get upset during the next transfer window after you have tried to get rid of them and they refused to go.

Archived