well done SI! really got fed up with this game...

now, just look at the table and look at the games, Ive had so far! gamesk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tablei.jpg

at least the defensive settings were all the same from the very first league match on, if you consider, that 7 of the 19 goals Ive conceded in the league so far, were in two games, I think we can easily say, that conceding 12 goals in 20 league appearances is not bad. now just look at the last 3 results! and thats exactly the point, why this game really takes the joy out of me.

you might wonder, what has happened to the team, right? well, very easy explanation. often looking at team's morale during a game and noticed, that jagielka and baines often looking disinterested and complacent. add to that, in their last games, they often had ratings below 6.40. so I just thought, you might have some talks with these guys and tell them, that theyre playing crap in the last games. after getting answers like, its the whole team, midfield left us alone, I dont agree with that, I just wanted to make clear, that Im the boss. what happens? just because I criticized them, they became unhappy. several other players complained about my wrong team talks and suddenly became unhappy aswell. so im just thinking , were leading the table, carling cup semi finals and these guys act like bitches and are still not happy. from having a tight defence, now Im conceding at least 3 goals each game. I just lost the semi final knockouts, just because of this bugged system of SI. really pisses me of, when Im playing for hours, with the aim, to create something special, and then just notice, that its not possible, because of this rigged system. the biggest <snip> , what SI has done so far, by changing the player-manager interaction from fm11, with the hope, it becomes more difficult, more realistic and so on. <snip> off dificult. its the biggest <snip>. you cant finish one season with this problem. thats it for me. might have looked for other games, then just playing this <snip>

How can you complain about the game being too difficult when you're having a title challenge in the first season with Everton?

im not complaining about the game being too difficult. im complaining about the new "improved" team talk, man management, player interaction and reputation system. pls read correctly!!! im the last one, who would complain about the game being too difficult.

How do you beat Man City 6-4, in the first season, with Everton, who have no strikers, and no money to buy any?????

simple! create a good tacitc. just visit my thread in the tactics section and you will see, that Ive managed to create a superb tactic for fm11. so I know my stuff. and Ive only added kadlec to the team.

man city has scored twice from corners.

Maybe you should have encouraged them and been more positive with your talk. You cant expect them to all react exactly as you anticipated. The system is not perfect, but it would be even more broken if they always react positively to your talks.

If you genuinely feel that way then why don't you just save before every match, and then replay the game to get the result you want?

Or use FMRTE to change your players to have 20 ratings for everything?

Or play around with the editor and dump Everton in the Vietnamese third division with a budget of billions?

If you genuinely feel that way then why don't you just save before every match, and then replay the game to get the result you want?

Or use FMRTE to change your players to have 20 ratings for everything?

Or play around with the editor and dump Everton in the Vietnamese third division with a budget of billions?

just read the thread and then you can write! you dont even know, what we are talking about. *facepalm*

Maybe you should have encouraged them and been more positive with your talk. You cant expect them to all react exactly as you anticipated. The system is not perfect, but it would be even more broken if they always react positively to your talks.

problem is, no matter, what you do, they always find a way to be unhappy. if you give a positive comment, then some of them "lose their focus" and complain about my team talk abilities in the media. if im a bit too harsh, then they immediately get angered, losing confidence and so on... if I dont do anything, after 2 or 3times, they once again start complaining. so, what shall we do lol??? especially with this new patch, things have been developed even worse than before...

only look at jagielka. we were dominating the whole game, created 4 ccc, unfortunately kadlec missed a lot in this game. I tell my team, that Im happy about the game. getting some positive reaction, then I just thought, well lets motivate some players, telling those, who had a god game, that I was delighted, and as a result, I get this reaction from jagielka. and after the game, I see, that hes unhappy about my team talks...

teamtalk.jpg

Never criticise your players, always praise them.. and only do it once!

you lost because you defense had low morale, it then inflicts the whole team.

This happens in real life too, I can think of one team here in Australia that just had it happen, Brisbane Roar, think they lost 4 in a row after a 30 odd unbeaten run.

Never criticise your players, always praise them.. and only do it once!

you lost because you defense had low morale, it then inflicts the whole team.

This happens in real life too, I can think of one team here in Australia that just had it happen, Brisbane Roar, think they lost 4 in a row after a 30 odd unbeaten run.

mate, I am everton :D

Ive won the game, just wanted to show you, that even when you praise your players, they often show negative reactions in form of "lost focus" and so on...

It might be due to the fact that your manager reputation isnt of high standard. I read a post from an SI staff member who said something about low rep can mean that you dont gain that automatic "respect" from your players as easily as a former international footballer as manager would. I feel thats realistic IMO, but Im just guessing your a low rep manager :)

does seem a bit strange especially as his team are performing above expectation,you'd think they would be brimming with confidance.the only thing i can add is that as its your first season and only half way through your players will struggle to motivate themselves to play for you,especially if your reputation is really low,i'm not 100% sure but i'm sure that is coded into the game.there is a tab ingame you can look at to see your players motivation and for me first half season of the game just about everyone was struggling to motivate themselves to play for me.keep going mate i'm sure in the next few weeks their attitudes wii start to change.also you lost away to united and arsenal which isnt exactly an embaressment lol.

does seem a bit strange especially as his team are performing above expectation,you'd think they would be brimming with confidance.the only thing i can add is that as its your first season and only half way through your players will struggle to motivate themselves to play for you,especially if your reputation is really low,i'm not 100% sure but i'm sure that is coded into the game.there is a tab ingame you can look at to see your players motivation and for me first half season of the game just about everyone was struggling to motivate themselves to play for me.keep going mate i'm sure in the next few weeks their attitudes wii start to change.also you lost away to united and arsenal which isnt exactly an embaressment lol.

its too late mate. had to give up the save, since I was now conceding at least 3 goals every scnd week... for me, without having a high reputation, the game is not enjoyable, as I am currently testing a tactic, which I would like to release, so therefore, I need the maximum out of it. normally, you might say, first season everton, with almost the same squad except a new striker, achieving top 6 would be ok, but not for me, as I feel, that I have a huge disadvantage towards the other teams, since all of them have high reputated managers and all players respect them, while my players dont give me the same credit ...

just test the tactic with a new save and high reputation. just wanna know, whether this reputation thing really has such a high influence, or is it really my tactic, which failed after 20 games...

i dont think its your tactics mate,it is a bit puzzling why the new patch has disrupted things like players morale??!!i was quite happy with 12.4 or whatever it was but with steam my game automatically jumped to the new patch,now season 3 with my man utd team whoe won everything in season 2 it is now a struggle to get superb morale with a team who should be feeling superb at the beginning of the next season.

There are so many variables here -- player personalities, team talks, private chats, team meetings -- that it is impossible to comment intelligently on a specific case like this one. So I'll make a few general points.

1. Personally, I only sign players with high professionalism and high determination. I find their responses more predictable. If you have a very mixed squad, any team talk is going to have a negative impact on someone.

2. You can sometimes correct the negative impact of a general team talk with a player-specific conversation.

3. Even in a good season, you can have a 4 or 5 game run of negative results that impacts morale. But just as things go wrong --morale and results-wise -- for no apparent reason. The good news is, things can turn around the other way similarly quickly.

4. When in doubt, do nothing. We all have a bias toward action -- trying to change things with a talk or something. It can be difficult to do nothing, but sometimes it's the right thing to do.

There are so many variables here -- player personalities, team talks, private chats, team meetings -- that it is impossible to comment intelligently on a specific case like this one. So I'll make a few general points.

1. Personally, I only sign players with high professionalism and high determination. I find their responses more predictable. If you have a very mixed squad, any team talk is going to have a negative impact on someone.

2. You can sometimes correct the negative impact of a general team talk with a player-specific conversation.

3. Even in a good season, you can have a 4 or 5 game run of negative results that impacts morale. But just as things go wrong --morale and results-wise -- for no apparent reason. The good news is, things can turn around the other way similarly quickly.

4. When in doubt, do nothing. We all have a bias toward action -- trying to change things with a talk or something. It can be difficult to do nothing, but sometimes it's the right thing to do.

mate, the problem is, when you dont do any team talks, at most, after 2 or 3 games, you will face the same problems aswell. players will go to the media and complain about my motivation abilities and in the next press conference, they ask me these questions and then, I get to know, that several players are unhappy and wanting to leave the club... just started a new save, where my rep. is very high. lets see the results :D

Their whole style of play is built around one player who has missed the last four weeks.

All this thread serves to do is prove that before the patch it was too easy to go on an unbeaten run thanks to super-human morale, even with the greatest tactic I find it difficult to believe that a club like Everton would be able to maintain a prolonged championship run of form in the first season yet pre-patch so long as you kept your players happy (which was too easy to do) you could overcome injury problems, fatigue & suspensions to keep the run of form going on & on & on.

Perhaps instead of "do nothing" I should have said "do the minimum necessary."

For example, I would never use a passionate tone as Everton manager for a 2-0 home victory over Fulham, which given their relative league positions would seem to be me pretty routine. I'd go with calm, or maybe -- if we'd had a run of poor results -- assertive. If you go passoinate for a 2-0 win over a mid-table team, what tone do you use if you beat Liverpool 3-0?

I use calm in 80-90% of my team talks, assertive for almost all the others, passionate for games against rivals or cup finals.

Of course, as I said earlier, I am working with a very professional squad (I never recruit anyone who would not "fit in well with the rest of the lads") and so your results may vary.

Archived