Why do my players need a manager? they don't listen to me!

Alaa

can someone please tell me what should I do with my players? they are taking my job!!

I started the game, got a job in mid season of 2011/2012.. but sacked

anyway, got another one from Santa Clara

board expected to have mid table position, and I was thinking, oh my, this is so easy. No problem sir, you'll get what you want..

I finished 12-13, promoted to Portugues PL

now the hard work will start, with teams like SLB, FCP, Sporting, and Braga in the league.. its going to be tough

however, I got a player from parent club named (Anouar Kali), helped me alot and just avoided regelation, finished the season as 11th. and I was rewarded a spot in Euro Cup for good play.

things changed since then, I signed almost 90% of my players from free agents.

guess what? Emre Can was released by Man Utd, and I was like "huh!! SIGN HIM"

season 14-15 finished as 4th, with one player changed the world for me, as i signed (Anouar Kali), he made 37 apps, assissted 20 goals, and scored 5

season 15-16 finished 6th

season 16-17 finished 5th

I won the league, Euro Cup, and PL Cup in season 17-18.. and just started season 18-19

---

the problem started here, this season (18-19)

I'll just give you my last match as an example, to know exactly what's the problem

my last game was against Real Madrid, in Champions Group Stage

- I play a 4-5-1 formation, with my attacking midfields ar (InsideForwards), so you can say, its (4-3-3)

- I use a fluid system

- short passes

- man marking system

- pressing more

- more roaming

- default creative freedom, as i don't have many creative players, who i give them a slightly more creative freedom in the game

- I use a slightly high defencive line (unless I'm facing some really pacey players, I play deep)

- slow tempo, to build my attacks slowly, and give my pacey strikers chance to break the offside trap, and my playmaker is very good with killing through passes

everything was good and working very well in last 5 to 6 seasons, even that I changed from 4-4-2 to, 4-2-3-1 sym. to the current 4-5-1

last game, against Madrid, really had everything that i hate, as my players didn't even give a damn about my instruction

I used my usual tactic, with changing my defence line to deep, and mentality to counter

Madrid scored from a corner, in the 3rd minute, and all started since then.

my defence started to play high, my players played with high tempo, and scored in 5th minute.

did they satisfied? no, hell no

they started to play long throw ins (while I was setting the to play short)

suddenly, my defenders started to leave their positions and join the attack, and my players were playing with massive high tempo.

I went there and double checked, I set the tempo, to ultra low, and set to (very rigid), to keep my defence in their positions, double checked their mentality, and it was ultra defence!! creative freedom, NON for all players.

I said to my selt they might be nervious, and they are playing like this, I took a look into their moral, and surprise!!

all my players are (fired up).

I went to use shouts, (retain position, pass to feet)

but they don't listen to me!! they still playing with their attacking mentality, rushing the ball forward, playing high tempo, and passing into space,

scored a header, it's 2-1 up now, I know my players did well to get this goal, but I've been in this situation before, if I don't defende now, i'm going to lose this game.

I went their dragged my CM to make him second DM, I'm playing with 2 CBs now, 2FB, 2DMs, 2WM an AM and a Poacher

set the mentality to defencive, and here we go

half time now, I told my players that they have to guard the lead now, nothing noticed in their moral..

second half, in 54th minute, we scored again, from a corner. I'm very pleased with score board, but really angry with my players, as they still playing without my instruction. playing with high defencive line, and fast tempo.

in 75th minute Madrid, pulled one goal back, all because my FB went to act like striker, dribbled 3 players, and reached the box, where he lost the ball, bang, a counter attack, and it's goal.

again, i went to double check my players instruction, everything looks like fine, for every player!!

that happend to me also the match before, against SLB, where I was behind 0-2, and suddenly, the final score was 5-2.

guess what!! how did SLB scored their two goals?

both, my player played a long throw in, and it didn't reach, so they scored from counter attacks (while i was setting the throw in option to short)

true, i'm happy with all score lines, but i'm really mad, that my players are not following my instruction.. that's why i lost an embarrissing 0-4 against Sporting, it was the second game this season..

what to do?

Archived