FM11 editor speed (also Fm10 and probably FM12...)

Hi Folks,

I didn't know where to start this thread - but I thought i'd just plonk it here and hope.

I can't find any solution to my problem so somebody may have experienced it.

When making a new competition in the FM11 editor (stage 3, select teams/leagues) for an FA Cup, I do try and break the maximum 256 team limit - by managing to add 3,000 teams to the cup *using the FM11 down to level 11 patch + reserve teams.)

That's not the issue. It's the time it takes to select all the leagues i want to add to create it.

It takes 2 days.

Selecting a league or adding a new line - after a while - takes maybe....5 minutes to at the very end - 20 minutes. It's horrendous. I'm not sure what makes it so slow - resource dedication, memory, CPU, hard drive. I don't know what it is.

has anyone else experienced this when creating cup competitions with more than 256 teams?

Thanks.

Yep I can....

i5-2500k Processor, 16GB Ram (1600mhz), Standard 7200rpm HDD (partitoned, 1TB), ATI Radeon 6950 Gfx.

Ive built up the system fairly recently, so I'm quite suprised I have this issue. Then again, even on a much older Q9550 intel processor, and only 2GB RAM - I had the same issue as this.

Any more specs required, or screen shots?

Thanks.

Sounds like a hard drive issue, have you carried the same drive over from the old rig? I suggest getting a small SSD, like 60GB and putting the OS on that.

It should help things, I have an all SSD system now apart from backups which still go to an external HDD.

Your rig should be capable of very decent clock speeds with some OCing.

I suggest using some benchmarking software, Novabench is free and simple, PCMark is more widely accepted.

Post up some results on here and lets see where the issue is!

For HD tests try crystal disk mark, that is a good test of HD speed, it could be a kinked SATA!

Archived