Need financial help!

I'm Reading in the premier league and I am losing around 2 million each month!

My wage bill is around 400k, and my home attendances are around 20,000.

How can I make it so I lose alot less each month, or even make a profit each month?

I know alot of you will say sell players, but even if I sold my top earner (40k a week), thats only like 160k-200k a month less, so I would still lose alot each month.

Thanks in advance for any help.

How are you doing in the Premiership?

You get £800,000 for every place at the end of the season (so if you finish 20th you get 800,000, 19th 1,600,000 etc) so if you get a top half finish you can make a lot of the £2 million a month back in prize money. I usually operate at a loss throughout the season and then end up making a profit towards the end of the season.

Always buy players in installments, I usually do it over 12 months but you might need more. It really is vital to cashflow unless you are Barcelona, in my current save the only players I didn't buy in installments was when I was in the blue square south as I was buying players for less than £1k and that's the minimum you can do in installments. It really makes a big difference.

And yes, you need to lower that wage budget. Never ever ever ever give anyone the "Match Highest Earner" clause. You will end up saving in the long run even if you have to pay a bit more for their wages at the time.

Planning is the main thing, only spend all of your budget if you need to. Playing a full strength squad in the FA Cup is something you might want to consider as if you get an away draw against someone with a 50k+ people stadium then you will get a nice boost from their gate. Carefully planning your friendlies at the beginning of the season can net you a decent amount if you pick and choose wisely, I don't really need to at the stage I am in the game right now but I still never let my assistant arrange friendlies. It only takes 10 minutes and can make a difference.

I've never had to myself but you could always arrange some friendlies throughout the season for a little extra gate money. You could make it a proper friendly (i.e. not reserves) but then still play your reserves so your first team won't get tired and you'll still make the same amount of money.

There's a few things there anyway, I've basically just thrown a lot of stuff that came to mind but there are probably guides out there that will help you a bit more in depth than what I've suggested.

There's a bug with Reading where they don't get the £40m a year Premiership TV Money when you get them promoted, or the correct money in the Championship for that matter, due to a mistake in the database where they have an individual tv deal worth only a few hundred thousand pounds a year. That'll be why you're losing so much money, the only way to fix it is with FMRTE...might want to look at this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290692-Reading-s-Individual-TV-Deal-means-I-don-t-get-the-Premiership-TV-Money

Archived