P/T Contracts

Who are you playing as?
Glenavon in the Northern Irish Premier Division. Didn't allow me to offer them different roles when they were in the division below either. It's really frustrating because I can't send out players on loan to feeder clubs unless they are on p/t contracts, and once I offer them p/t contracts and their squad status is either 'First Team' or 'Key Player' they usually get annoyed because they don't get any games for the club.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If I can add to this, I'm playing as Basingstoke - almost all of my squad are 'key player' when the game begins, and I can't (physically can't) change their squad status - I mean, it gives me the option, but when I click confirm (or whatever the button is) and check the player he's still key. Also, whenever I try to offer new contracts I can only offer key player.

I'm also limited to 3 year contracts at a max.

Has this bug been fixed? I'm hoping that I wont have to start a new game to see this fixed.

Would be nice if I can offer p/t contracts for players I classify as a 'youngster' or 'hot prospect', then I could actually loan out a couple of my players :(

*edit*

I started a new game last week, took over as manager as Coleraine (who are in the Northern Ireland Premiership), it allowed me to offer p/t contracts down to backup but not hot prospect or youngster.

It will be down to the board restrictions on contract types. I think you will need to change the contract type (to non contract?) to be able to lower the squad status of a player.
That does work, but the majority of players want p/t contracts. Also you cant loan out players who are on non contracts/ amateur contracts

These restrictions are really stopping the progress of my club. Any good youth player coming through I have to give him a p/t contract to prevent other clubs snapping him up for free (if he's on amateur / non-contract) or for a small fee (e.g. £30k) if they get him while he's on a youth contract.

Once I go to offer him a p/t contract, the players demands rise from £100 p/w to at least £200 p/w because the player says he wants a wage that reflects the status of 'first team' or 'key player'. :(

I'd at least like it to be possible to send out young players on loan who are not on p/t contracts.

Archived