manager reputations

1. This may be me being very stupid but if you are only a sunday league footballer you shouldn't be ruled out of a big job....look at AVB in real life, he wasn't the greatest footballer and only managed at lower league in portugal for 1 year but then got the porto job!! Is there a way in the future to implement this?

2. Now team talks have been made better (in some people's opinions) can something be done with player intereaction, personally I think more options should be given when you're talking about a player you are interested in, i.e. being able to say I see this player being the 1 signing that will raise my side or I want to build my side around this player. I know this is sort of said when selecting I will do everything in my power to sign him but breaking it down more would give more realism.

I was just using him as an example....Mourinho would fall into that group as well I guess. Was Monaco Wenger's 1st club? Steve Kean??

The reason I ask is I was running a game with Xamax in the Swiss league and signed Vegar Eggen Hedenstad from Stabaek and he turned into 1 of my better players. I then found a custom DB that had more levels on Swiss league so started again and sgined him again, after the new patch I started another just to see what difference this reputation change to team talks had and now he isn't interested in my club :-(

They are not literal descriptions.

AvB, Mourinho etc were around in the game for a long time before they were made manager of a club.

The "Sunday League" footballer in FM is someone trying to get a job immediately after retiring as a player at that level.

Ok, but wouldn't it be ood if you could plot your history in football...i.e. retired early due to injury or has worked at x club as a youth coach etc. this could then allow people to start unemployed but look to get straight in at certain levels. I know they could do this by setting as professional or international footballer but some people don't like this as it isn't very often that people who have played at that level still go in at (for example) Championship/PL, I could probably only count maybe 10 managers in champ/PL who have gone straight in as managers....that's not counting people like Poyet who were coaches somewhere first

Archived