Those pesky youth...

I'm a lower league club. How do you know when to work on different attributes for youth?

For example: physical 15-17 years old

tactical 17-19

technical 19-21

And yes, I know this isn't right... just an example. I saw somewhere online, a guide on what attributes to train when, but I can't find it anymore. I also realize it's probably opinion too.

Any help, or a link maybe?

An exact guideline to coach players would be a wrong guideline.

The best way to coach players (also youth) is by looking at their stats individually. Regarding youth some may almost be physically adequate when they are 17 but lack tactical and/or technical and there the focus should lie for that individual.

But players up to 21 (I believe it is) will have their physical stats increase at a faster rate than when getting older. So if a player needs better physicals it's better to focus on that when he's young.

After more research,

I've come across technical attributes are more steady depending on age.

Physical improves more before 21 (as Sikker said), decline when older.

Mental is easiest to improve when older.

My next question is, do tactical and mental improve through more playing time mainly. Or does training help that too?

In fact, I'm very confused right now.:confused:

I know on the player training screen, you can see what sliders improve attributes. (dropdown that shows you what a physical attribute is and highlights it)

So then what ARE the mental attributes and how do you improve them? Minutes?

Same for tactical: do they mainly go up from experience, but also training?

Would be very grateful for some clarification

The mental attributes are mainly found in the tactics training category, but you'll find them dispersed throughout most of the categories. Determination can only be increased through tutoring. When you go to a players training page, on the right you can select a training category and see all the attributes in that category. Tactics is the main one for mental attributes, but for example positioning isin the defense training category and work rate is under strength. Shooting and aerobics are the only ones without a mental attribute in their category.

In fact, I'm very confused right now.:confused:

I know on the player training screen, you can see what sliders improve attributes. (dropdown that shows you what a physical attribute is and highlights it)

So then what ARE the mental attributes and how do you improve them? Minutes?

Same for tactical: do they mainly go up from experience, but also training?

Would be very grateful for some clarification

These may help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279009-FM2012-Training-And-Match-Prep-Masterclass

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/262465-A-Guide-to-Developing-Youngsters

Archived