Am I actually that good at managing?

I'm managing Reading, won championship with 115 points in first season. Second season finished 7th in premiership, third season finished 5th, currently in fourth season around 5/6th.

I never really scout my oppositions or try to see what theyre not good at. I mainly play the same tactics, obviously have to change them for different levels of oppositions.

Am I actually that good, or is football manager too easy?

I can do that with Reading too ... if I have GenieScout, and give myself some money to buy players, and ample headroom for wages. If you haven't done anything of that sort (cheating, I mean), then yeah ... you either manage very well, or have been very very lucky ;)

then you bought the right players.

with east stirlingshire i am 12 points clear at the top of SD3 losing zero. only losses were rangers in the scottish league cup 4th round (after beating kilmarnock 2-1 away in the 3rd) and ross county in scottish FA cup. my team played fantastic in the LCC final to win that, and against kilmarnock i just hassled them out of the game.

i think that was because of the players i had bought, and the tactics used in some games (packing midfield in a 4-5-1 i have beaten 4 or 5 SD1 teams)

and of course reading are already a decent side in the championchip so a few better purchases would give you a very good boost.

Archived