Defenders being dispossessed in the box

jri

Is it just me or does this happen far too often?

When a cross comes in, the centre back tries to control it for some reason with an attacker breathing down his neck, gets tackled and the attacker blasts it into the net.

It happens all the time - both ways - and I never see this happen in real life. When a cross comes in at pace, you get a foot or whatever you can to it to clear. I don't understand how you can be tackled just outside yor six yard box from a cross. Also, when a striker and a defender are chasing down a ball, and they are somewhat close together, the striker quite often tackles the defender as soon as he touches the ball even in the most dangerous situations with the most no-nonsense defender,

These things have to stop - it's in my favour because I have fast strikers but things like this take you out of the match experience.

Something similar happened in the match Al-Sadd vs. Barcelona. But yes...it's not something that tends to happen frequently

yepp, happens to me aswell. especially, always wondering, why for gods sake, center backs even thinking about trying to bring the ball under control, especially in this area under these dangerous circumstances. normally they should just blast the ball out of the box, instead trying to keep possession... but must say, that with the patch 12.1, defensive behaviour has been improved much and didnt face such a situation so far with the new patch :D

hope it continues...

yepp, happens to me aswell. especially, always wondering, why for gods sake, center backs even thinking about trying to bring the ball under control, especially in this area under these dangerous circumstances. normally they should just blast the ball out of the box, instead trying to keep possession... but must say, that with the patch 12.1, defensive behaviour has been improved much and didnt face such a situation so far with the new patch :D

hope it continues...

For me it was worse, while both the defender and the rival were struggling for the ball, the keeper for some reason started stepping aside of the goal, leaving it free for the rival who won the ball

When a defender and an attacker are chasing a ball towards goal and the defender gets there first, the attacker seems to dispossess the defender before he has a chance to clear/backpass with alarming regularity.

This is very true

This just happened to me.

My defender beat an attacker to the ball. He had a good couple of seconds to concede a corner or pass to keeper (keeper was right in front of him), but instead my defender decided to hold onto the ball in my box with an attacker hassling him. I lost that match.

Archived