Bizarre match - goals showing on overview but not in match report or engine

I have just beaten Peterbrough away 3-2 as QPR, at least I think I have?!

I was 2-0 down at half time and gave the lads a morale boosting team talk which could easily have resulted in the turnaround, but what was completely strange was that I noticed when we pulled it back to 2-1 in the 49th minute I realised I hadn't actually seen any mention or highlight of the goal.

When I clicked on the goal to get the highlight it is just a dead link, even after the match. The next 10 minutes then saw the apparant turnaround, with the scoreboard chalking up until it was 3-2, again with no highlights or commentary mention of the goal...the only highlights I saw were an average second half with few chances.

Basically what I'm wondering is did I actually win this match at all? At the moment it feels like a hollow victory because I have not seen any evidence that we actually scored, only in the scoreline and the resulting match reports confirming this. I wasn't even sure whether the scoreboard was lying and I infact changed my tactics at 3-2 up thinking it still might be 2-0 to Peterborough.

Would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this before?

Sort of had the same experience several times, on FM11 and FM12.

2 things though. I can't be 100% sure if i just missed the highlights or if there were no highlights.

I've never doublechecked either by clicking the goal.

But several times there's been moments where i've been, let's say, up 1-0 for then to finish the match 1-1.

Quite a few times i've been sitting there with my WTF-face on. "What happened? When did that goal come?"

I know there are many times the text bar doesn't flash, even though there is a goal. I do have the flashing text enabled.

Sometimes i wonder if the same glitch can apply to goal highlights in 3D as well.

I mention 3D as that's how i watch my matches.

So i do know what you mean, Jay_88. I just can't confirm if that's what actually happened or if i've just missed the highlight.

Becuase i never doublechecked. I've assumed that i just missed the highlight, but still sitting there with that feeling that the highlight was never shown.

-EDIT-

Forgot to mention the commentaries. Same applies for them in my post above.

Archived