Home Match Attendances.

Hello my fellow FM players.. im new here and this is my first post but im going to start getting involved on this forum now instead of browsing it as a guest :lol:

Anyways i fancied a big big big challenge on the game and to be a team i knew nothing about whatsoever in a league ive never been in before.

I am NK Lokomitiva of the Croatian First Division who in the beginning of the game im sure are predicted to finish 11th or 12th.

Anyways i started a new game and found that im a feeder club for Dinamo and also i share their stadium.

I have been in charge now into my fourth season with the club and in that time have battled to keep hold of key players and struggled for funds but thanks to a take over during my 2nd season managed to win the league in the 3rd and overtake Dinamo and Hajduk as the Croatian powerhouses.

In my fourth season i have reached the Group Stage of the Champions League after playing ties against Shkendija, BATE and Rapid Bucharest. I was Drawn in Group C alongside Manchester United, Marseille and FC Copenhagen. I beat Copenhagen 2-1 at home and was very proud of my team after a 4-2 defeat at Old Trafford as we put up a real fight in the 2nd half.

but what it is that bugs me is i know i share a stadium with Dinamo which is a 38,000 seater... i just cant seem to get the fans on my side. first 2 seasons i never once had over 1,000 attendance the most i have ever had in my career with Lokomitiva is 5,092 at home to Copenhagen. Is there anyway possible i can get my attendance up and start bringing in some decent cash as although ive had a take over and had £23million to spend in my fourth season i am now struggling to pay wages due to my low ticket sales. My average ticket price at home is £5.30 and theres nothing i can do to raise that or the attendances. Can anyone else help me out here?

You've come across a problem that hinders many smaller clubs in leagues historically dominated by a handful of sides, remember that football supporters in the main are very loyal creatures & I'd expect that most football fans in your local area are already Dinamo fans & a few seasons of relative success will not see a rapid rise in your fanbase.

Over time I'd expect this to change however if the game has modelled real life correctly this could take a decade or more before you notice any significant increase in the number of supports your club has.

oh lord haha well i fancied a challenge and this has to be one hell of a challenge then!! this is all new to me as ive always stayed in the lower leagues in England if ive wanted a real challenge since i have and idea of who is who and what not.

I created a team based in the Scottish Highlands and put them in BSN in England. We've had 2 promotions and doing very well on the pitch. My home gates are consistently by far the lowest in my division, and hardly any of my fans go to away games. It's an enormous handicap but is exactly as it should be given the local population and travel distances.

Just keep going with it. A good example that I've just looked at in my career game is Linfield from Northern Ireland. Although they are the dominant force in NI, in 2011 their average attendance was 2432. Now, in 2023/24 (they have only failed to win the championship once so far), their average is 10519 with the season drawing to a close. Even Portadown, who are a smaller club have jumped from just under 500 to over 2000. It takes time, but if the club is successful long term, there will be an increase.

Archived