player closing down question

for example,if on my team i play with two attacking wingers pushed up high almost as a 4-2-4 formation,if i set their individual instructions to close down own area only....does that mean they will track back to defend to their own area...or stay pushed up?.....or do i select them to close down all pitch if i want them to track back to defend??

for example,if on my team i play with two attacking wingers pushed up high almost as a 4-2-4 formation,if i set their individual instructions to close down own area only....does that mean they will track back to defend to their own area...or stay pushed up?.....or do i select them to close down all pitch if i want them to track back to defend??

Closing down creates a circle around your player. The higher the closing down the wider the circle. "Own Area" would have your player closing down opposing players that are relatively close to them at any given time and location. "All Pitch" would have them travel farther to close down a player. Essentially the more you ask your players to Close down (higher individual settings) the more likely your team will lose it's shape at the benefit of possibly getting the ball back sooner and vice versa. If you really want your wingers to track back (or at least stay with their opposing backs) the best method is to go into the player settings and change their marking to a specific opposing player.

Hope this helps

Archived