Do I get credit for holidaying through a match?

So I just started a game with QPR, and was having a rough start to the season, things have started to turn around now, to the extent that I managed to beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

BUT what goes and happens? My laptop freezes directly after the game. So now I'm back to my last autosave right before the Arsenal match, and no matter how many times I replay the game I can't get the same result. So if I keep reloading and holidaying through the match until I get the same result, will I receive the credit or will my assistant?

I'd stop trying to get the same result, you'll be there for ages & when you finally get the same score you'll realise that different players got the goals so that will bug you & I pray that you never pay too much attention to the other scores.

Thanks, that's what am I trying now. Just lost 5-0 :/

Try try try again :)

I hate when it crashes. Wish it was able to dump a text file for when and what time you scored goals at, match players performance etc. so you could pick up a game where you left it after a crash.

Probably way harder to do in reality though. In my head it works just fine lol.

Finally managed it! It ended 3-2 rather than 2-1, but that's swings and roundabouts.

Incredibly, my last effort, which had the same team, same tactics, pre-match instructions and team talk ended 8-0 to Arsenal! Just goes to show how much is left to chance.

Or the AI changing things? Perhaps an injury, or a yellow card, forced substitution? Half-time team talk? Plus other things.

In the 8-0 their first goal was a penalty.

In both the games I won I scored first, in the games they won they always scored first.

So a 8-0 started with a penalty. Perhaps your player that conceded lost confidence, the morale of the team dropped, or the other team morale went up or that player who scored the penalty had a storming game after getting his first goal... or perhaps it was just because they tipped off facing different directions :) Or a wayward pass that lead to a throw-in.

The matches still go down in your profile, you just don't get the manager points from them (which are used solely for the awards).

Sure, you miss out on the rep boost from winning awards, but that's the trade-off you make. Award reputation increases are rather small when compared to competition performance increases.

Archived