A Fresh Start For Everyone: Free Transfer Database

Johnny Drama

As I wait for Golden Eages Level 14 database I decided to have a fun game and plumpedor Aston Villa on the free transfer database that also includes all the staff on a free as well. I have loaded up all the English leagues as well as leagues from Scotland, Spain, France, Italy and Germany as on these type of databases before if you don't have the leagues loaded they tend to not sign anyone.

With the Premier League about to start here is my all star squad I have assembled

GK- Igor Akinfeev, Jack Butland

Def – Kyle Walker, Leighton Baines, Phil Jones, Neven Subotic, Danny Wilson, Jack Robinson, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Mid – Xavi ©, Owen Hargreaves, Arturo Vidal, David Silva, Mario Gotze, Gareth Bale

FW – Daniel Sturridge, Iker Muniain, Diego Milito, Edin Dzeko, Edison Cavani

We have a strong first 11 but I *****ed most of my wage budget on big names. Thankfully Vidal, Bale and Dzeko I only just picked up so their wage requests had dropped. I am looking to bring in another winger and a goalie. As if Akinfeev gets injured it leaves me with just Butland. I have targeted Champions League football and thus need a top 4 finish which is possible.

I got beaten for a lot of players signatures it seemed as soon as I went in for a player Man City would also. I’ll post up the rest of the squads if people are interested?

Here is the list of the other Prem managers

Arsenal – Louis Van Gaal

Blackburn – Bob Houghton

Bolton – Sam Allardyce

Chelsea – Michael Laudrup

Everton – Steve McLaren

Fulham – Ruud Gullit

Liverpool – Steve Eyre

Man City – Sinisa Mihajlovic

Man Utd – Fatih Terim

Newcastle – Alan Shearer

Norwich – Andy Thorn

QPR – Karl Robinson

Stoke – Gary Megson

Sunderland – Andre Vilas-Boas

Swansea – Stuart McCall

Tottenham – Ricardo Moniz

West Brom – Glenn Roeder

Wigan – Les Parry

Wolves – Lee Clark

A few surprise appointments there, Steve Eyre bringing the biggest shock as the former Rochdale man takes over from King Kenny at Anfield.

Aston Villa Vs Sunderland

astonvillavsunderlandin.png

Vilas-Boas has not assembled the best of sides but it is one that should stay clear of trouble. Players that will be crucial for them will be the likes of Scott Sinclair, Ryan Bertrand, Richard Stearman and Wilifred Zaha.

It didn’t take long for us to take the lead about 100 seconds into the game Xavi’s long ball reaches the path of Cavani who beats Ryan Shotton and squares it for Dzeko to tap in. About half an hour into the game Zavon Hines manages to injure Xavi so I change things around with Bale coming on and going to the left and David Silva playing behind the front two leaving Vidal to do the dirty work.

We were quick out of the starting blocks again with the Sunderland defence backing off Silva which gave him time to find the top corner 25 yards out. Dzeko soon made it 3-0 with another poachers effort as Heaton could only parry away Silva’s effort into the path of the big Bosnian.

Edison Cavani continued to harass the opposition and it paid off when he disposed Nathan Shearer of the ball and released Bale who beat the keeper to make it 4. With confidence high the full backs began roaming forward more and Walker overlapped Gotze and his cross was met by Gareth Bale on the half volley at the back post. With the game won Danny Wilson and Daniel Sturridge were given a chance to impress and Sturridge took it with both hands as he curled one in from distance in the final minutes.

astonvillavsunderlandin.png

The other games

Tottenham 1 (Sigurðsson) Man City 4 (Samba, Leandro, Hazard, Sahin)

Everton 2 (Welbeck 2) West Brom 0

Newcastle 6 (Torpey 2, Cattermole, Defoe, Jarvis 2) QPR 2 (Dayton, Tomlin)

Norwich 6 (Donaldson, Buckley 4, Labadie) Fulham 2 (Williams, Mann)

Stoke 3 (Dyer 3) Arsenal (Thiago Silva, Carroll, Lukaku)

Chelsea 6 (Nani 2, Aguero 2, Hernandez 2) Swansea 2 (Smith, Rogers)

Bolton 2 (Routledge, Adomah o.g) Wigan 1 (Adomah)

Man Utd 0 Blackburn 2 (Graham, Jones o.g)

Wolves 2 (Rodriguez 2) Liverpool 0

Colchester V Aston Villa

League Cup 2nd Rnd

colchestervastonvillain.png

The draw was very kind to us so I gave starts to Muniain, Robinson, Azpilicueta, Papadopoulos and Hargreaves. Also new boy Arjen Robben is given his first taste of action since completing his move two days ago.

Robben did his best to make an early impression as he caused havoc on the right hand side but e spurned two early chances, he took a knock midway through the first half when former Chelsea youngster Daniel Philliskirk went in late but to the delight of the fans the injury prone winger was able to continue.

The breakthrough finally came deep into injury time of the first half when Hargreaves found Cavani on the edge of the area, the Uruguayan seemed to be offside when the ball was played but the flag stayed down and he knocked it into Milito’s feet whose first time shot beat the keeper. The Colchester bench and players were furious and had it been my team I would have been too.

The Colchester players were still furious when the second half started and they seemed to be switched off as just 13 seconds into the half they were 2-0 down Gotze picked out Muniain on the left who cut inside and his low shot went in off the post, no complaints about that goal.

Villa continued to apply pressure and they got the third goal when Robben’s corner was met by Wilson and the keeper knocked the ball into the path of Papadopoulos who made no mistakes putting the ball into an empty net 6 yards out.

colchestervastonvillain.png

In the other games QPR went out to League 1 side Carlisle, while Norwich and Swansea crashed out to Championship opposition which meant all three promoted sides went out. The other upset saw Joe Royle’s League 2 high flyers Swindon beat Leeds 1-0 at Elland Road.

The 3rd round draw was as follows

Coventry v Leeds

Tottenham v Carlisle

Liverpool v Blackburn

Peterborough v Chelsea

Millwall v Sunderland

Preston v Newcastle

Arsenal v Crewe

Sheff Wed v Fulham

Man Utd v MK Dons

Wolves v West Brom

Stoke v Portsmouth

ASTON VILLA v Barnsley

Swindon v Birmingham

Blackpool v Middlesbrough

Man City v Ipswich

Cardiff v Everton

Aston Villa v Wigan

astonvillavwiganinforma.png

It was a dream start for Villa and it only took Arjen Robben 42 seconds to mark his league debut with a goal. Leighton Baines played it forward to Bale who made quick ork of the full back and whipped in a cross which Robben met with a perfectly struck volley, Manninger managed to get a hand to it but Robben quicly pounced on the rebound much to the fans delight.

Diego Milito was also proving to be a handful for the Wigan defence and he dazzled the centre backs again to release Dzeko and he made no mistakes from close range to double the lead.

Robben nearly grabbed a second goal as he once again pounced on a rebound but this time te flag was up for offside, a third goal finally went in late on with supersub Daniel Sturridge getting on the end of a Bale long throw, he then turned Clarke and scored from a tight angle.

astonvillavwiganinforma.png

Other Results

Man Utd 2 (Ribery, Derdiyok) Fulham 0

Bolton 0 QPR 3 (Jutkiewicz 3)

Everton 5 (Sulejami, Henderson,Welbeck 2, Tomkins) Swansea 0

Norwich 0 Liverpool 1 (Oscar)

Stoke 0 Sunderland (Wickham, Sinclair 2)

Arsenal 1 (Thiago Silva) Blackburn 0

Wolves 1 (Marquis) West Brom 1(Lallana)

Chelsea 3 (Aguero 2, Nani) Tottenham 1 (Hooper)

Newcastle 1 (Leandro og) Man City 5 (Hazard 2, Samba, Johnson, Leandro)

West Brom v Aston Villa

westbromvastonvillainfo.png

Our first game on TV, it’s a fierce derby and looking at the side Glenn Roeder has assembled so far one we should be winning easily. To my surprise they were the team who started brightest with Dave Nugent going close.

The deadlock was broken in the 22nd minute and it went to us when Robben’s corner was met by Phil Jones who headed the ball past the helpless Alnwick. Diego Milito had missed a few sitters but took his chance when a stray back pass meant he only had the keeper to beat and he made no mistakes to make it 2-0 going into the break.

The second half saw Cavani,Azpilicueta and Vidal a chance to impress. Cavani had a few attempts from distance but otherwise failed to mae much of an impression, We were playingsome impressive one touch between Robben, Xavi and Dzeko with the Bosnian laying it off to Vidal 30 yards out who dropped the hammer and Ben Alnwick had no chance, 3-0.

westbromvastonvillainfo.png

Other Matches

Blackburn 0 Chelsea 1 (Nani)

Liverpool 1 (Dupont) Stoke 0

Man City 1 (de Guzman) Everton 0

QPR 1 (Mellis) Wolves 3 (Marquis, Lee og, Rodriguez)

Swansea 1 (Varney) Bolton 1 (Brown)

Wigan 3 (Adomah 2, Agbonlahor) Norwich 0

Sunderland 2 (Wickham 2) Man Utd 2 (Sneijder, Derdiyok)

Fulham 0 Arsenal 3 (Sanchez, Young, Hobbs og)

Tottenham 1 (Reinartz) Newcastle 1 (Sordell)

Liverpool v Aston Villa

liverpoolvastonvillainf.png

When Steve Eyre as given the Liverpool job a few eyebrows were raised and it seems his inexperience has been a factor in attracting top players to Anfield but with a poor start he has gone back into the transfer market to pick up playmaker Luka Modric, striker Lisandro Lopez and centre half Michael Dawson. Whilst these players add some much needed experience to his first 11 the club are still lacking in depth to be consistent throughout the league.

Liverpool’s young defence were put under pressure early on and it was Henshaw who gifted Aston Villa the opener when he caught Dzeko late and Milito converted the penalty. The game today belonged to young winger Mario Gotze as he took centre stage, the German international made it 2-0 when he reacted first when the keeper spilled Dzeko’s low shot.

Gotze’s second goal late on was a bit special when substitute Cavani spun away from his marker to release him and he cut inside with the Liverpool defence backing off and just as he got to the edge of the area he curled one into the top right hand corner to put the game to bed.

Cavani collects the ball from Subotic on the half way line, spins his man and released Gotze down the left who cuts inside and as he reahes the edgeof the area lets a rocket leave and he buries it

liverpoolvastonvillainf.png

Other Matches

Arsenal 2 (Young, Thiago Silva) Man Utd 1 (Maguire)

Fulham 1 (Milton) Stoke 3 (Austin 2, Dyer)

QPR 1 (Jutkiewicz) Everton 2 (Downing 2)

Sunderland 2 (Phillips 2) Norwich 0

Swansea 1 (Odhiambo) Newcastle 4 (Jarvis, Sordell, Defoe, Dann)

West Brom2 (Davies, Lallana) Bolton 1 (McDaid)

Wigan 0 Wolves 2 (Jones, Caulker og)

Man City 2 (Leandro 2) Chelsea 0

Blackurn 2 (Zamora, Wright-Phillips) Tottenham 0

astonvillavqprinformati.png

Absolutely demolished QPR, Edison Cavani and Diego Milito finally showing the fans what they can do with a brace and a hatrick respectively. I also gave a debut off the bench to Ibrahimovic. His agent touted him and although we are more than okay for strikers when I saw he only wanted 66k a week for someone of his talent I just couldn't resist I can see him being a regular starter. Robben has been quality as well since he signed I don't think he has scored under an 8 since he joined.

QPR's best player is Ross Barkley but he was unable to get into the game, Sylvian Wiltord rolled back the years to make his debut but had a performance he ouldlike to forget.

astonvillavbarnsleyinfo.png

This was always going to be a game we were going to win with the side I put out and Dzeko was relegated to the League Cup B team after he complained about my team talks and he responded magnificently with a hatrick. My second string backline was never in trouble and has made me consider giving them more playing time in the league especially since some of the other sides have still not filled their squads yet.

Elsewhere in the League Cup, Preston knocked out Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday overcome Fulham 4-2 for the two upsets. We were drawn away at Everton for the 4th round.

swanseavastonvillainfor.png

Arjen Robben was once again the star performer as he picked up the man of the match award after scoring and grabbing two assists. Cavani keeping his starting berth grabbed a goal with a well placed shot from the edge of the area. Phil Jones headed in from a corner and Gareth Bale completed the rout.

We are top of the league but with the other sides now finally signing players it could get more competitive. Man Utd have signed Ribery, Sneijder and Lampard. Man City picked up Pirlo and Ashley Cole and Liverpool brought in Diego Forlan.

englishpremierdivisionow.png

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Sitting 2nd at the halfway point and things were looking good when the boss decided to accept Arsenal's bid for Bale. I tried to offer Bale a new deal ut he wasn't interested.

adambowmannewsinbox.png

With the money coming in it meant I had £16M transfer budget and £65k spare on my wage budget, with quality players still available I sarificied a lot of the transfer budget for wages. I failed in my attempts to bring in Vidic (Juventus), Rooney (Sevilla) and Rolfes (Juventus).

I eventually brought in Aaron Ramsey and Michael Essien to add some depth to the midfield as Hargreaves as expected has been injured a bit and Xavi has been dissapointing. Diego Godin camein to give me another defensive option. Alex Smithies became my no2 and I decided I needed a back up for Robben and Gotze on the wings with Bale gone and managed to get Aiden McGeady on a bargain basement £12k a week.

Bale was a big player for us and led the league in assists but with the depth added I feel we are a lot stronger.

Elsewhere in the Premier League Man United sacked Fatih Terim and replaced him with wait for it Dennis Wise! Bolton sacked Allardyce and in came Paul Le Guen. Fulham sacked Gullit and Allardyce found himself employed again. Gullit bounced back to when he replaced Steve Eyre and got the Liverpool job. Also Roy Hodgson took over from Ricardo Moniz at Spurs and Graeme Souness took charge of QPR when they saced Karl Robinson.

2011/2012 Season

astonvillavmancityinfor.png

mancityvastonvillainfor.png

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Chelsea won the league with ease, we began to drop points in stupid games but they very rarely messed up and Javier Hernandez ended up with 46 goals in all competitions. It was good to win the League Cup but unfortunately in the FA Cup Man City managed to exact revenge.

astonvillahistorybestel.png

Key players

Arjen Robben - If it wasn't for Robben getting injured we might have won the league. 12 goals and 14 assists in 26 league games. Worth £31M

Edinson Cavani - My star striker 38 in all competitions from 45 games, also managed to get 22 assists.

Mario Gotze - Made the left wing spot his own after Bale jumped ship, managed to create 9 and score 8.

Phil Jones - Rock at the back and managed to get on the scoresheet a few times, a future Aston Villa Captain.

Dissapointments

David Silva - Played okay but expected more from him, towards the end I dropped him and played Essien or Vidal alongside Xavi, gave him a run out against Fulham on the last day of the season and impressed me so i'll give him till January to justify his wages.

Xavi - Again didn't perform "badly" but I expected a lot more from him, didn't get too involved and as my Captain I expected big performances. Turned down a £22M bid from Barcelona, not sure if I should of taken it.

Confirmed Transfers

Diego Milito is going to join Valencia for £2,5M, not much of a fee but at 33 and no where near first choice I decided to fre my wage bill up of 60k a week. Was a starter in our team of the year ut that flatters him, he only performed well in a few games.

End Of Season Review

Premiership

Champions Chelsea

Relegated Stoke, QPR, Bolton

Championship

Champions West Ham

Promoted Blackpool, Middlesbrough

Relegated Leeds, Hull, Portsmouth

League One

Champions: Huddersfield

Promoted: Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday

Relegated: Yeovil, Exeter, Oldham, Scunthorpe

League Two

Champions: Swindon

Promoted: Port Vale, Bristol Rovers, Bradford

Relegated: Cheltenham, Burton

Conference

Champions: Wrexham

Promoted: Newport County

Relegated: Ebbsfleet, Kettering, Fleetwood, Grimsby

Conference North

Champions: Solihull Moors

Promoted: Droylsden

Relegated: Corby, Altrincham, FC Halifax

Conference South

Champions: Farnborough

Promoted: Dartford

Relegated: Truro, Weston-super-Mare, Welling

Regional Division Promoted

Chester, Northwich, Carshalton, Lewes, Bedford, Cambridge City

FA Cup: Man City

League Cup: Aston Villa

JPT: Huddersfield

FA Trophy: Newport County

Europe next

Champions League: AC Milan

Europa League: PSG

Ligue 1

Champions: PSG

Relegated: Montpellier, Lorient, Nancy

Bundesliga

Champions: Leverkusen

Relegated: Freiburg, Augsburg, Mainz

Serie A

Champions: AC Milan

Relegated: Lazio, Chievo, Juventus

SPL

Champions: Rangers

Relegated: St Johnstone

Liga BBVA

Champions: Real Madrid

Relegated: Getafe, Mallorca, Racing

Sounds fun. Maybe something i try when i get the game xmas day.

Can i see Spurs and Juve's teams please?

tottenhamhotspursquadpl.png

Spurs also have Robinho, Sylvian Ebanks-Blake, Gary Hooper. Gervinho wasn't signed till the end of the season

juventussquadplayers4.png

Juventus signed Bertolo, Delev and Kleber in the close season, they sold Giuseppe Rossi to FC Bayern £37.5M following their relegation.

Archived