Lower Leagues & RAM question

I want to start a new game after installing 12.1.0 but i want to manage FC United. Anyone know if someone has added the league below BSN/BSS to be playable? If not ill have to holiday my way through until they get promoted.

Does adding RAM make FM faster? I currently have 4gb of DDR3 and would like to upgrade to 8gb, but only if it makes FM run faster. If so, by how much will speed increase?

Thanks

Thanks. What does it mean by no subs? I cant have player substitutes? And which file do i download?

Has it been tested on 12.1.0 yet?

Thanks for the quick replies

I assume you're confusing the phrase "accept no substitutes" with something to do with the game.

Download whichever package suits you. I didn't wish to play with the County Cups enabled.

Creator says: I've tested this file with FM2012 patch 12.1.0 until 2022 with no league failures or aparent issues.

Yeah i read that. What does it mean by country cups though? Sorry im a little hangover atm cant think straight

County. Not Country. Stay off the booze.

These are regional cups in additional to the standard national cups in the game

ie. You might be involved in the Lancashire Cup as well as the early stages of the FA Cup.

County. Not Country. Stay off the booze.

These are regional cups in additional to the standard national cups in the game

ie. You might be involved in the Lancashire Cup as well as the early stages of the FA Cup.

Lol made me laugh, but will stay off the booze dont worry.

Thanks for your cup mate!

i was always under the impression that FM only accounted and used for 3-4GB ram anyway? i.e bottlenecked software side despite what you had 32bit or 64bit OS ...

but yeah.. ram is good... not always needed .. but cheap enough these days tbh...

but processors are where its at with FM frankly.. if you can upgrade your processor.. your laughing

The FM benchmarking thread in this forum section has come to the conclusion that RAM makes little difference, its all about CPU speed.

The same processors running a massive DB with 6 or 12 GB of ram differ by only a few seconds, 2-5 at the most!

I would say overclocking your CPU would have the most effect, anyway FM doesnt seem to use more than about 2 or 3 anyway, my system never gets above 4 ( have have 6) and I am running FM, the OS (of course), a few broswer pages (I have 2 monitors) and a few other programs doing other things!

Conclusion, dont waste your money with more RAM!

Archived