Newbie getting frustrated with staff wages

Hi guys.

GREAT game playing my first season - completely spoiled by the stupid staff wages budgets and being unable to keep the staff!!!

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to INCREASE the wages for the STAFF?

Note - NOT the players wages budget - which seems to have ZERO effect on the amount that the staff will be paid.

I have moved sliders to full wages, I have requested more money - yet this doesn't change the amount the board are willing to pay for ANY member fof staff.

I get Luton promoted but I am powerless to keep the backroom staff that helped me get the promotion

- ALL but 2 of them want wages which the board won't support!!?!?!?!?!?

1 - I can't find a direct way to increase the staff wage budget

2 - I can't find a way to negotiate this factor with the board? - how dumb!

3 - The help menus, search function for 'increase staff budget' should return the answer surely??????? - no!

Having a computer says no approach to staff members - most of whom wanted a small increase is crazy!

What's the point of running under budget for PLAYER wages and not being able to exploit it elsewhere?

I want to re-allocate the budget to KEEP the STAFF who got me promoted - not dump them!

I am not prepared to play the game anymore if this is something I am powerless to change - it's spoiling the whole game for me.

Can someone help me want to play this again?

Thanks.

Bootdisk

Looks like you won't be playing the game again then; you can't edit staff budgets.

When you get promoted the staff wage budget you are allocated will increase, and will also possibly increase after ever season anyway (I can't confirm as I've been promoted every season thus far in FM12). You cannot increase this budget. How much more do your staff want? I've found that most of them are willing to back down after a while. For example:

A coach on £200 a week enters contract negotiations with you.

Coach requests £450 a week.

I say £275, DO NOT LOCK THE NEGOTIATION OR TICK 'NON-NEGOTIABLE'.

He will meet me halfway and say £350.

Keep suggesting £275 no matter what his answers are, until he either accepts the offer or says 'I'm beginning to get tired of these negotiations..blah blah', in which case try and meet his demands (if you can't, offer him the maximum if you're hell bent on keeping him), and he will either accept or reject. I'd suggest not overpaying for staff, as there is always someone else out there who can do the job.

It's just one of those things, but I find the above is the best way for keeping most staff on a reasonable wage within my restrictions.

OK, nice one - I will try and report back - I've resisted the above approach because of the fear of demotivating staff.

I've enjoyed it so much so far, it just seems a bit silly you can't change that.

Thanks - and lol at someone else being up late playing FM in the UK ;)

Archived