Sudden drop in morale - no obvious reason?

Lost 1 game in 11. Season expectations were mid table, just secured play off spot.

Morale has been superb/very good all season now highest is ok, most poor. Almost overnight.

How do i find out whats going on??

Maybe coincidence but this happened immediatley after patch.

• Administrators

May have been a 'false' overall morale which has been rectified by the patch but I'd be surprised if it just dropped off like that for no reason. Have you been drawing games, perhaps those you should be winning? Also how have your players been reacting to team talks?

My Superb-morale-throughout Bradford team were suddenly Very good after the patch. And even while unbeaten for 16 matches with Roma, most players are Good and Very Good.

A player that had Abysmal morale one day had moved to Very Poor the next without me doing anything. He reacted to a team talk or something to get that low, but it didn't last long.

I won all the matches yesterday so I am still on a winning streak, though. I hope that the streakiness of the game is reduced somewhat, because it is more realistic that each match "lives its own life".

As to the OP's actual problem: maybe some factors that lead to excellent squad harmony were re-worked in the patch, thus a personality problem of the squad appeared out of nowhere? The morale shouldn't be "reset" after the patch.

Yeah i noticed a big sort of re-set last night when i was started the game up, moral was usually hanging about the very good to superb mark, but my whole team dropped to average-good when i installed the patch, yet to see the long term differences with it all, but i will say it didnt make a huge difference come the first few games of the season, although beating Hamilton 1-0 did nothing to improve moral, which is probably as it should be to be honest, encouraging signs anyway so far.

The other thing i noticed was bad private chats or really anything bad has a major effect on a player being happy, i offered a player out he went from very good to abysmal in a day, i also had a bad private chat with a player that ended up with the same results. It def seems like it will be harder to keep ontop of it all now.

The other thing i noticed was bad private chats or really anything bad has a major effect on a player being happy, i offered a player out he went from very good to abysmal in a day, i also had a bad private chat with a player that ended up with the same results. It def seems like it will be harder to keep ontop of it all now.

which for me is a good thing...nice work SI :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had this issue too with patch 14.2

I play fm since cm07 till now. I dont think is due to my human management problem or match performance. Cause I have check with the board. Captain. Assistant manager and player personal profile and nothing is wrong. But whole team morale are in red colour.

Hope can get advise what I can do about it

Archived