Possible to win a Champions League inside three seasons with a Championship side?

Is it possible to win a Champions League inside three seasons on FM12 with a team that are in the nPower Championship this season?

So, get them promoted in season one; then get them in the Champions League in season two; and in season three, get them the Holy Grail of club football.

My mate from work said he done it on last year's FM - but doesn't have a screenshot to prove it.

I'm sceptical, to say the least.

What do you think?

wouldn't be as difficult as you think tbh

there are a LOT of good standard players out there for very little, of which most can hack the CL

you'd have to get lucky with the draw, and then players on the TL (got Barkley for 10m because Everton were in admin, otherwise he'd have set me back 25-30m)

A few years into the game I took on newly relegated Forest.

I got them promoted and was a whisker away from making the Champions League in my first EPL season, but I did qualify for Europa League through league position and won it.

Not quite Champions League obviously, but it leads me to think that it would be possible but as others have pointed out, you would need a huge amount of luck.

Yes it's possible, just very very hard. Getting promoted from the Championship is the simple part. Going straight up and sneaking 4th is doable (I've done it myself before on FM10), and while I don't believe I've ever won the Champions League two seasons on from being in the Championship, given it's a cup competition, whereby almost any team in it has a remote chance of winning it, then I'd say if you can finish 4th in the Premier League then you're in with a shout. As mentioned before though, it is highly unlikely indeed, but possible. Good luck to you if you are indeed in a position to potentially do it.

I ALMOST did a similar thing with a League One team in FM10. Got Southampton to the Premier League in the first two seasons (won the play-offs both times), then qualified for the Europa League in my first PL season, losing to Liverpool in the final of that competition. I won it the next year though, coincidentally against Liverpool again.

It is possible, but you would need luck. The promotion is easy, getting into CL is a challenge but a good run could get you there. Winning CL requires another season of unbeaten runs, high morale and severe underestimation in all the CL matches plus a bit of luck.

I won the Champions League with Las Palmas in the fifth season I think (FM11), but Liga BBVA is of lower quality than Premier League, so becoming the third biggest club in the nation is much easier - and hence I was able to get comparatively better players. I'd say that the overall quality of the team at that time was roughly that of Villareal, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla or Valencia 1st season. That quality could be achieved in the third season in Premier League, I suppose.

I've just managed to win the Champions League after 4 seasons with Forest, I can't quite believe it (started in the Championship).

Had an incredible amount of luck in the final against Real Madrid, they had a player sent off after 39 minutes but despite that they completely dominated the match, having 21 shots to our 7 and 4 CCCs to our 1. We somehow managed to win 1-0, the final 10 minutes were just ridiculous, it felt like they had 3 extra players up front, there just seemed to be so many white shirts, but they were the ones with a man down!

It was extra sweet because we played them in the group stages and they annihilated us.

Utterly chuffed and can't quite believe it. It also came a week after losing the FA Cup final and throwing away a winning position in the league. It could have been a catastrophic end to the season but it's ended up feeling like one of the best I've had in FM.

Archived