How much do you spend every season?

How much dollars, pounds or euros do you spend every season on transfers. I normally spent $70-$80m US after 2 seasons, initially $40m for the first 2 seasons. This was before i found out how to offload players in the transfer market for proper market prices, i now spend less than $25m regardless of dramatically improving the squad, spent $352m and sold $285m with roma going in 4th season after few more games, im very pleased because i brought such success at very good return i can sign 2 world class players next season if i want e.g. cristiano ronaldo, fabregas..

How much do YOU spend? and do you find a budget of $40mUS is more than enough to manage teams to become title challengers in 3-4 seasons, im eager to try my hands on teams like aston villa, tottenham etc. soon

I usually spend very little, perhaps 5 million a year when im a top premier league team. (buying mostly u18 players) But i have made two huge signings in the past two year. 50mil for a defender (a rare regen with good heading and jumping) and 60 mil for a striker (i expected slightly more from him). Very unrealistic prices, but then again i was able to sell a couple of my youth players for 30mil each.

I just spend big at the start. Within the first two season I'll spend most/all of the transfer budget given, and then by the third season I rarely spend anything because I only buy 16/17 year olds.

But during the first two seasons, anything is fair game. 50m pounds, 80m pounds, as much as need be.

i usually don't spend any of my (huge) arsenal budget until two seasons down the line. i do purchase many under 18s every year unless my academy produces great players, but i might spend £15M-£25M depending on who needs replacing.

Too much!! I've been rather stupid in my new game with man utd, and bought various top prospects- pricey but from experience know that in a few years they'll be class- before I'd established myself. With Chelsea on fire, and me lumbering just about in second, having spent every penny the glazers don't have, I'm in serious danger of not being able to see out the progress of these wonderkids!

30-40 mil if I'm top division, maybe up to 50 depending on how far up I am. good players cost money, (especially in FM where every club act as if they're selling to chelsea or milan) and I always have a few. below that, anything I have really.

I try not to spend too much. Try. I'll usually spend anywhere from $10-20 million on the youth squad. However, the board loves to sell starters out from under me and always the ones without adequate cover. So I usually have to spend $50-$70 million to replace the starters so that I can meet the board's expectations and keep my job.

Usually in my first season at a club spend about £10m then will spend between £20m & £30m in the next season until I have a good youth team and very strong senior team of 18 players then I wont spend anything until someone leaves or I can get a world class player cheap.

Originally posted by FMFanatic8080:

This was before i found out how to offload players in the transfer market for proper market prices, i now spend less than $25m regardless of dramatically improving the squad, spent $352m and sold $285m

Tell us of your technique of raising so many funds please.

The problem is I always seem to end up managing teams with no transfer budget what so ever. If I do. I would usually a couple of thousand.

However if its a top flight team then I get giddy. Spend spend spend.

Ummmmm, to answer your question. I would say a close to all my weekly budget, if I have an actual transfer budget, then about 30% over the course of the year.

Being in a profit, the back to normal.

So every year as close to all the weekly budget and as little of transfer budget as possible.

Umm sorry for the waffle.

Usually dont spend much. Even with tope sides. I have principles. Such as youth and minimal number of domestic players. But right now in middle of 3rd season with Sutton United in the blue square premier and I havent spent a dollar yet. The board wont give me a transfer budger despite getting promotion second season and improving the clubs bank balance to 1.3 million dollars!

The problem is, I am still semi-proffesional and I cant attract good players to my team. I rely on my parent club for loans, but once I transform I will ask for a budget and will certainly go on a signing spree. Looking forward to it.

Gotta question, I am inexperiences going from semi-proffesional to proffesional. Hasnt happened to me yet. Is there a way to get to it withouth promotion to league two? Maybe offering full time contracts to your current players. Because I am struggling in mid table right now I the quality of players I have right now is not suited for promotion and I can find anything better because no one wants to sign with me. Is it possible to go pro quicker. I know once I turn pro I'll be speeding up the leagues. Advice anyone???

Originally posted by FMFanatic8080:

How much dollars, pounds or euros do you spend every season on transfers. I normally spent $70-$80m US after 2 seasons, initially $40m for the first 2 seasons. This was before i found out how to offload players in the transfer market for proper market prices, i now spend less than $25m regardless of dramatically improving the squad, spent $352m and sold $285m with roma going in 4th season after few more games, im very pleased because i brought such success at very good return i can sign 2 world class players next season if i want e.g. cristiano ronaldo, fabregas..

How much do YOU spend? and do you find a budget of $40mUS is more than enough to manage teams to become title challengers in 3-4 seasons, im eager to try my hands on teams like aston villa, tottenham etc. soon

mind letting me know how to offload players for thier market value? im still having trouble selling players at all.

and on topic i usualy use my whole budget i get unless i got all the worlds best players but sometimes i just buy players so my rivals dont get them icon_wink.gif

spend a lot in first couple of seasons to get assemble the team i want. for example with liverpool first two seasons i bought aguero, richards, alves and chiellini and a couple of youth players.

now tht i have the team i want to win i buy the best youth players often spending up to 10mil on an under 18.

this has worked financially because liverpool lose money every month yet i still have 150mil in bank by 5season. (now 90 as i got ben arfa 10mil and bojan 40mil, coz they were cheap)

My answer would be "as much as I need to".

I have spent over 174 million in one season to assemble a wonder squad, and in other seasons I have spent as little as 3.6 million.

I am currently assembling an all British team, so my transfer funds are being spent again.

Archived