Regen Relatives.

From time to time, I sometimes came across a Manager who had a regen in their favoured personal. Manager and regen player sharing the same surname. Sometimes they aren't even at the same club, so clearly the game has (or had I hadn't came across it in a while) some form of family relations going on.

Yet here is my question;

Has anyone came across two regens, same surname, same place of birth, and nationality(s) - Basically, two regens you've assumed are Brothers? Or for that matter any regens that that you've assumed the game have made out to have some family connection.

I've seen it once. Two regens from FM10. The elder brother I picked up at 16 or 17 from Sheffield United (born in Sheffield of course). When he was 20 a younger Barratt came through my own academy. He had the older one as favoured personel and more importantly they were both from Sheffield. I'm fairly confident that they were brothers. The elder one became my best centrehalf and was one of England's star players, the younger one was a poor rightback who spent the vast majority of his career yoyoing between the Championship and League One. He did pick up an England cap though at 20, but I think that was on the reputation of the club alone, or maybe he was better than I give him credit... Who knows...

I've not had it my self but if you spend a long time with a club and have the right FM age (which you may after a few seasons) you can get a regen in game son

I've not seen any regen family connections, perhaps one of the guys running very long term games could confirm. One guy I see in GD has aged FM 100 years or so I think

In my Truro City save, I had two centrebacks called Connolly come through my academy, 2 years apart, and both born in Truro. They were both very good, and got plenty of first team games, quite often partnering eachother in defence. I liked to think of them as the Connolly brothers, but apart from their last name and birth place there as no evidence to suggest so (they didn't have each other in favoured personality for example). Not to mention one of them was 5'11, while the other 6'5, so I think it was indeed just a coincidence of having the same last name.

So yeah, this isn't something I've noticed in the game, but if it were included, it's a nice little addition in my estimation.

In my Truro City save, I had two centrebacks called Connolly come through my academy, 2 years apart, and both born in Truro. They were both very good, and got plenty of first team games, quite often partnering eachother in defence. I liked to think of them as the Connolly brothers, but apart from their last name and birth place there as no evidence to suggest so (they didn't have each other in favoured personality for example). Not to mention one of them was 5'11, while the other 6'5, so I think it was indeed just a coincidence of having the same last name.

So yeah, this isn't something I've noticed in the game, but if it were included, it's a nice little addition in my estimation.

That bolded part may not mean anything either. See, Nicolas Burdisso has a brother called Guillermo. One of them (At least in FM11 I didn't check 12 yet) had his brother in the favoured personel, but the other didn't

Black, physically poor and full of flair. Yep, definitely related to Sam Allardyce!

Jay Jay Okocha?

Seem to remember users on here having SAF having a black son generated (he didn't like Darren, which explains a few things) and Welbeck having a white brother generated.

In my savegame a regen with the surname Kroos appeared in the Hansa Rostock youth team. That's where Toni and Felix Kroos came from, their father still works there as a coach. Unfortunately, their regen brother is completely useless.

I found a Jesper Ibrahimovic trying out for my Swedish lower league club. My club is located 10 miles from Malmö (where he grew up) but I don't think he's a brother of Zlatan. I would like to see relatives in the information and not only favoured persons, though.

Archived